McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast food industry
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Not much of contact with the clientele in the sense that everything is fast paced and you don't get to appreciate the time spent with every customer
Fun work place
CREW TRAINER/ TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Hours
The restaurant I worked at was smaller then all the rest which made it easier to work well in a team. We had fun at work and we knew all customers that came is so we could get the food out in 60 sec or less. At this restaurant we were a family. I was a team leader which meant I was to watch the floor while the manager did his or her daily tasks. The hardest part of this job would be the customers coming in with complaints. I learnt a lot from working at McDonald's which I am still using today.
very busy and hectic work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: learned how to be patient
Cons: constant last minute shifts which ended up making me work a lot of 10+ hour shifts
I clock in and either I would be put onto the cash register, hand out food, or run service. I learned how to deal with difficult customers and staff. The management and co-workers were okay. The hardest part about the job was dealing with rude customers or staff. The most enjoyable was some of the good friends I made.
low staff, high pressure
Manager, Crew Leader, Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Dorval, QCFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: 50 perfecnt off food
Cons: low staff, bad work environment
good go-workers, the people I worked with were the reaosn i stayed
management needs impovement
Lots client pressure
Bad upper management
Great First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Great teamwork
Cons: Not a long term job
McDonald's is a great place to start your working career. It teaches you how to be part of a team, sets goals with incentives and fun games and rewards you when there is a clear job well done. However it is stressful at times and very high speed at all times and too strict about appearance.
Great team environment
Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: excellent training programs
Cons: long hours
As a manager at McDonalds for 14+ years I learned a lot. I did crew hiring, crew reviews, schedules, daily cash deposits, daily, weekly and monthly cash sheets, ordering product, weekly and monthly inventories, maintaining store cleanliness, training of new crew members and whatever other tasks required in the smooth running of a restaurant. I enjoyed the team environment and working side by side with the crew and other managers. However I found the hardest part of the position was working long hours as it a times interfered with my home life.
Dedicated to perfection
Corporate Services, Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Each day was different, many meetings and friendly environment. The various teams were helpful and always willing to assist
amazing work place
Pet Sitter (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 9, 2016
working at this work place was very good had lots of fun and made great friends. It also made me learn a lot about the work force
It's good first job
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 8, 2016
It's good first job if you're wanting to work for the first time, the employees and employers there are very friendly but are hard on you once you first start but they will warm up to you of time
Productive and fun workplace
Drive thru and front counter (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day was getting to work and being told where to work front counter (taking personal orders), drive thru (presenting taking orders on a heads set), running for counter or drive thru (putting food in a bag or on a tray). I Worked at the section I was put until my shift was over or I was told to work somewhere else. Every sift was fast pest (always doing something). I learned how work with a variety of different people, how to deal with unhappy people. I liked meeting new people as I worked (customer, co-workers).
Pro's and con's as a crew member
Crew member (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Bad scheduling
I started out not minding my job at all, I enjoyed working with the other employees and also enjoyed doing brower. The only downfall was that they had promised me full-time hours with benefits but they always under scheduled me or would cancel shifts after I was scheduled to work.
Productive and safe environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: 50% off food at any McDonald's
Always on the go, making and taking order from customers. There are busy high peak times and then low peak times through out the shift. Ive learned how to multitask, such as taking orders at the same time as making an order. Communication skills through the interaction with customers, and how to handle a customer who has a complaint. Management is good, they are always willing to listen and give advice. Co-workers are like family, we all work as a team during our shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast pace and at the same time fun environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: fun to work
Cons: short hours
My co-workers are respectful to others.They have really good flexible hours.I learn so much things at McDonald.I learn to cook,make burger and clean.
Poductive Workplace
McDonald's Crew Member (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Nice People
Cons: Not Many Shifts
At McDonalds I currently do not get paid enough to make a living. Although I do enjoy working at McDonalds, It just isn't enough, I need a second job.
It was a Great learning experience.
Cashier (Current Employee), Brooks, ABFebruary 7, 2016
During my time at McDonalds I had a lot of time to learn from mistakes and be able to develop my skills. The work environment at times could be quite intense but nothing i could not handle. Over all I Loved the job and also most of the workers.
good working place
Manager (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: fun place
Cons: night
i like working there cuz it and enjoy we would have lots of fun working together and learning more every day the co wokers are fun
Team work
Team Member (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Learnd alot of work realted skills. Scolarships And Burserys
Cons: Not enough hours
At McDonalds it was very team oriented, everyone would work together to achieve the goal. A typical day at work is very fast paced, it is always a very busy environment which has allowed me to obtain stress management. My management team depending on who can be either very supportive and helpful or the opposite.

What use to be the hardest at McDonalds was adapting as a new employee to the fast pace environment, but being a fast learner it made me stronger in my work skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, working on a regular basis allows you to even obtain friendships with the ones who come continuously.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Casselman, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I was able to learn multiple skills while working for Mcdonalds. I learned to work with a great team who respected and helped me achieve the best of my abilities.
McDonald's
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: 50% discounts at McDonald's Stores throughout Canada
Excellent Company to work with

Understanding management

Co-workers are helpful

Learnt more about customer satisfaction

Hardest part is to get hours , because of winters
Great place to learn
Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons: Understaffed, overworked, not enough compensation
A day at McDonald's would be the same. Taking orders and serving customers, clean up and stock up, cover for breaks and repeat. As a manager I would position crew members, delegate tasks and oversee all the above activities.

I learned the importance of communication. In order for a steady work flow, all members of the team must be communicating with each other, as well as with the customers, to ensure order accuracy and to deliver it in a time-efficient manner.

The hardest part of the job would be the scheduling. We would be constantly understaffed and would have to work twice as hard to keep the restaurant running.

The best part of the job would be the knowledge I gained there. I was able to advance positions and create a foundation to build my future career on.
Headquarters