McDonald's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Salaried Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long and tiring hours and not enough pay
Organizing the shift

Learnt - speed, accuracy, setting goals, meeting targets and celebrating success
How to train and develop people

Hardest part - Rush hours and dealing with customers
Enjoyable part - parties and going out with crew to work events.
fun, fast paced
Crew Member and Trainer (Former Employee), Bradford, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% employee discount
Cons: store manager made it very hard to book time off
a fun fast paced work environment. Your fellow employees are the ones who really make the job worth it. it was difficult to book days off even when policy was followed.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
Pros: 50% discount for food
Cons: none
This company Is Productive and fun workplace, staff and crew are very friendly and cool. Very fast service and food always hot.
Good place to start working at
Crew Member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 1, 2016
Good training and environment. Flexible hours especially during school. Overall, a great opportunity and working experience here at McDonalds. You won't regret it!
Hard to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Some of the crew are amazing and are great friends and people
Cons: Head office does not care about you and harrase you, store owner is the worst.
Used to be privately owned. Switched to head office was terrible and the owners like to work you as hard as they can. They don't care about you.
Great Experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: insufficient staff
Great learning experience. Learnt to deal with unsatisfied customers, manage the shift, operate p.o.s. system and enter data/reports. I wasn't always given enough staff to operate the store to the expectations of my superiors. They expected a bit much of us shift managers without giving us the appropriate equipment or staff to do so.
Flexible hours
cashier (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: long hours, very busy
During my one year and a half at McDonald, I've learned alot of things, I've learned how to cope with mean and rude costumers, to be patient, and I've also learned how to be a responsible person when having a job! The hardest part of my job is to keep up with the rush hours. Running back and forth can be pretty hectic and tiring.
Fun place to go too!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Helpful
Cons: None
Working at Costco was a really fun place to work. I was treated really the fellow staff. It was good to be right out there on the sales floor. Being able to help our customers!
well managed and time efficient
crew member (Current Employee), British ColumbiaApril 30, 2016
Pros: 50% off on employee meal
i learnt how to manage cash and how o deal with customers. i have also done 8-10 hours of regular shifts. it is fast paced wok.
Terrible Management
Food preparation worker (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: management, hours
Managers weren't the best, would give the best shifts to the workers they were friends with, often gave me short cleaning shifts early in the morning,
Preparing and making the orders quick and effectively.
Cook (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 29, 2016
cooking
Helped costumers & merchants identify services and products that best suited their needs.
Arranging and restocking merchandise.
cleaning dishes
cleaning table
Good place to work while going to school.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: Closes' late
It is a fast paced work place. Managers are kind and flexible with your schedule, and school. You'll always have the opportunity to upgrade your position. A typical day at work is me being a cashier, and helping the customers, or running their food. Some days I am in the back making the food. Management teach me new things every day to help me move up in my position. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the customers when something has gone wrong in a way that won't upset them more. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends at work.
good but managment can be pushy
Chef/Order taker (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 27, 2016
very good starter job just that the managers can get really frustrated very fast like i watched one manager full out scream at a girl cause she wasnt going fast enough even tho she was going faster than all the other chefs
Not enough hours received, productive work environment,
Crew Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: Not enough hours
I do not receive enough hours at my current placement and would prefer to receive more, at work I am very productive and pace my self with tasks that are presented to me.
not a great place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2016
not a good place to work. the managers lack respect for the other staff members, do not know how to run a business. the restaurant is always understaffed.
A great first job to gain experience and work with employees as well
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Free drinks and half price on food
Cons: short hours
I liked the working environment and the way they treated me while I was working at McDonald's! Overall, I would give this restaurant a great review and people should apply for this job in order to gain experience in the working industry!
Fun working with the staff
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Was my first job and enjoyed learning new things and interacting with customers. Worked for almost a year so gained lots of valuable knowledge!
Very fun staff
McDonalds Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 27, 2016
Pros: staff is amazing and friendly
Cons: Angry Customers
Staff is very friendly can even say the work environment was family oriented. Intense working conditions, need to make quick decisions and have a back bone against angry customers
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Gander, NLApril 27, 2016
I really loved working at McDonalds.

The only reason I left was to focus on my school and education at Keyin College.

Management really cared for their employees and tried their hardest to accommodate everybody's needs. Hours were flexible and fit any schedule.

Co-workers were really great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the rude customers that we dealt with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with friends, and the enjoyable customers.
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MB &n