· Work in cooperation with Activity Director
· Provide safe transportation to and from activities/appointments for residents as scheduled.
· Assist each resident on and off the vehicle to ensure personal safety using proper and specified equipment and procedures
· Load and unload wheelchairs and walkers
· Maintain van including scheduled maintenance, fuelling and cleaning
· Ability to lift 40-60 lbs
· Identify transportation issues/concerns to the Activity Director or Executive Director.
· All other duties as assigned by Activity Director
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Have a valid unrestricted class “G” driver’s license
· Not have a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
· Not be suffering from any condition that might render you unfit to drive
· Police reference check
· Experience working with seniors
· Experience in the operation of large vehicles- 10 passenger van preferred
The hours of work for this position will vary.
Generally, the hours will be between the hours of 9:45am-3:30pm. on Mondays and will be 9:45am-1:00pm on Thursdays. Flexibility to work with a changing schedule is necessary.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by Sunday May 4, 2014.