McCarney Greenwood LLP is a mid-sized firm of chartered accountants based in the Greater Toronto area. We maintain offices in Toronto and Brampton, and we offer a full range of services to a wide variety of clients.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Toronto) - 1 year contract
Reports To: Office Manager
The incumbent's prime purpose is to assume responsibility to:
- Review and format financial statements from an administrative perspective
- Assemble corporate and personal taxes returns, and other T-forms (including e-filing)
- Revise and format letters, as requested
- File correspondence, both electronic or paper
- Prepare new client folders, both electronic or paper
- Prepare billings
- Prepare cheque deposits
- Enter cheques on daily deposit spreadsheet
- Deposit cheques to bank
- Send cheques and deposit slips to Controller
- Greet guests and offer refreshments
- Answer and forward calls
- Ensure appropriate telephone message is on the general mailbox
- Retrieve, distribute, prepare messages, mail, courier packages and dead storage file
- Maintain administration and kitchen areas, including
- Cleaning and maintaining (i.e., dishwasher, coffee machine)
- Ordering supplies
- Book boardrooms, including ordering food and drinks, both on and off-site for meetings and special events
- Unlock front door at 9:00 a.m. and lock front door at 5:00 p.m.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
- Two to five years of work experience in a similar role
- Completion of high school
- MS Office software proficiency
- Experience with a paperless environment is an asset
- Basic understanding of financial statements and/or knowledge of accounting firm environment
- As professionals striving to provide a high degree of quality work on a timely basis, it will often be necessary to work additional hours over and above the standard work week
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional people skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, and good analytical skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and prioritize functions
Please note that only those being considered will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago
McCarney Greenwood LLP is a mid-sized firm of chartered accountants based in the Greater Toronto area. We maintain offices in Toronto and...