MBC Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment, table tennis tournament, Cafeteria
TV Producer (Current Employee) –  GizaJune 1, 2016
My job is very interesting as it is related to current events and it is changing everyday, I've learned how to search for news and to make sure of the credibility of my sources.

Management is one of the main reasons why MBC group is the best media broadcasting Company in the middle east.

Work environment is great as my co-workers are not only colleagues but they are my friends.

The hardest part of the job is definitely checking the credibility of the news stories.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and new guests everyday.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Fine salary, meeting new people every day
Cons
Indefinite Career Path, working on weekdays and vacations
Former Customer Service Rep II
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 5, 2016
Let's just say the staffing agency lady rarely contacts you, management is unorganized although when I was there one specific supervisor was the best! The manager and I had a great relationship and the HR personnel helped me a lot the reps are amazing. High volume of calls, constant disrespect... I could go on but for 16.98 an hr I guess you will deal with it.
Cons
no breaks
productivity and fun
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Amman jordanMay 2, 2016
Moved Actionha micro site from its own host to be under our CMS site.

Working on the daily operations as mbc.net is one from the top sites that need a good attention.

Create a valid HTML5/HTML/XHTML/CSS3/CSS standard templates based on W3C web standards

Using twitter bootstrap to have a better design with a fully responsive design.

Using schema.org for an excellent SEO

Working on FTL (FreeMarker language)

Skinning standard HTML/XHTML.
Senior light designer
Senior light designer (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 25, 2016
Planned and executed lighting for various Television sets and 24 hr news
channels .Successfully led key projects which resulted in promotions and a high management appropriation .Monitored multiple databases to keep track of all company inventory and light stock .Managed and operated (RCP)s for live and recorded shows, news and sports (8-12 cameras)Ensured all the light equipment and light desks in constant functional and running order at all time and helped in all in house and out setups and productions ​​.​
Pros
par diems
Productive and fun placd
Internship (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 7, 2016
Amazing place and would love to work there again. The staff over there is amazing. The way they all work together and how humble everyone is. The manager is their leader and they all work together to get the job done. Thats how they are successful.
Pros
Do not get bored easily
Cons
A place to learn about sales and branding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 18, 2016
I learned a lot here when handling a team under me first time in Dubai got different ideas of how to do sales here in Dubai.

The only issue is company is not allowing to work on our experience and skills always try to make us work in different approach in which we are not experienced.
Review
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Media CityMay 28, 2016
MBC is such a nice place to work whereas the environment is really great and friendly. the working hours are really flexible as long as persons are doing their jobs. In MBC i use to work on BCM program write description about TV programs.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of security
Very high stress job working with drug rehab's to get insurance authorizations
Medical biller/Utilization review (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 2, 2016
arrive at work. Start calls to insurance companies to obtain authorizations(about 12 a day)then input billing charges.
Move on to calls to billing departments for follow up on non payment claims.
Start calling patients that are behind on payments on they're statements
Pros
close to home
Cons
management is unorganized
Nice location. No incentives
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 1, 2016
Typical day at work very busy. I learned how important child care is needed for a typical working family. Management could be improved. Co-workers were pleasant and team players. This was a contractural temporary position with the State.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Temporary position
Light work but fast paced
Food Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VICJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day starts at 4:30pm (Afternoon shift), depending on which biscuit line I am placed on, the work includes picking biscuits/cakes from the conveyor belt and arranging them into their pallets. It is very fast paced at times; the hardest part of the job. It is always the right temperature inside, whether it is winter or summer. As a casual, there are months when it is very busy and a lot of work, sometimes 12 hour shifts. However, sometimes there are months when there is hardly any work. Otherwise, very,very friendly staff and supervisors. Good job overall.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes no work for whole week
production . overall mbc
productions (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 15, 2016
too much drama for a professional establishment . very personal relationships , interfere with other employers , makes work environment non suitable.
leading in the Media
Executive Producer - Director - Writter (Former Employee) –  Media CityMay 26, 2016
One of the best place to work
Professional approach, friendly environment, encouraging training and a good achievments
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Needed time
SAFETY, COST EFFECTIVENESS AND PRODUCTION
MINE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OBUASI GHANANovember 20, 2012
There was a mining block that was experiencing high water pressures and low water pressures. when the pressures surged and an attempt is made to regulate, low water pressures are experienced. there is utility vehicle in the block to monitor these constraints.it was tidious task moving from one sublevel to another ckecking these pressures. i suggested to management to stakeholders to construct water boxes at vantage points to drop the water and redistribute to working faces. the problem was solved.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of every month when development targets are achieved, the best crews are selected together with their supervisors for socialisation and fun making
Pros
every two months overseers come together for socialisation
Cons
off days are arranged for supervisors after every four working days
great experience
Production coordinator at MBC, reality tv show (Former Employee) –  Beirut,LebanonFebruary 21, 2015
I had a great experience of working on a reality tv show, the only downside was that it was a six month contract till the season was over. therefor, there was no job security, or advancement.
Not a Good Choice
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 1, 2016
After working for this company I realized how unfair the practices are working for companies that contract for the state of Maryland. The work for the most part is easy, however, management is not knowledgeable about their department processes, they make up steps for completing work task as they go along and hold you accountable for their incompetency, there are very few written policy guidelines for people to go by which makes it hard to track information sources used to make determinations for cases (management tend to use the "they say" method when giving instructions for us to follow to complete work task), and just overall the environment is not professional. A typical day at work consist of management distributing task and specialist completing task given. However, if you have a question, especially for eligibility specialist, you usually have to talk to the back of your managers head because they don't ever look at you to give their undivided attention to your questions or concerns. Co-workers were great! Everyone works hard together even though their hard work is never appreciated and vaguely acknowledged. Management usually works by the buddy system. If you are friends with someone in management, despite your knowledge levels, you are promoted to management. Overall, I have never worked for a company who has had so many scandals and issues before in my life. It definitely encouraged me to go back to the work environment I had previously and to appreciate high company stands when it comes to company policies and procedures.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
They decrease break times or remove breaks without notice, rude management, no consistentancy with work processes.
Okay company
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 9, 2014
Packed skids and put them on the truck. The restrooms were very nasty and the fridge was nasty also. The job was not hard at all. The problem was that it was in Goshen and it was winter.
Receptionist and Adminitrative Assistant
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2014
Greeted patients and answered phone over 250 calls daily Made files and filed invoices. See resume.
Felxible company.
medical billing, managerial (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 21, 2012
This is a good company but they are laying people off to other countries. Job security is lacking.
Pros
flexible.
Cons
could use better management skills.
Good place to work but could be better
1 On air graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUOctober 23, 2013
I worked for MBC group almost 5 year, all that years I had lived with high pressure, but overall I got very good experience.
Network Engineer
Network and Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PADecember 15, 2014
Configure and Maintain all aspects of a clients network infrastructure