Mazooma (www.mazooma.com) is an innovative online payment provider for the digital payments space. It offers a patented payment system that connects U.S. consumers directly to their online banking from merchants' checkout page, facilitating real time ecommerce transactions.
Mazooma is headquartered in downtown Toronto and has a 12-person team of highly skilled online payments experts. Since launching its micropayment product in 2010, Mazooma has been rapidly growing and needs a talented Marketing Director to drive all customer acquisition and retention initiatives in this highly entrepreneurial organization.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for the overall marketing function at Mazooma and for developing and executing a clearly defined integrated marketing and communications strategy in a manner that supports the Company's corporate priorities and enhances brand equity and awareness.
In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing a comprehensive marketing strategy to drive consumer adoption of Mazooma's payment option through consumer incentive and viral marketing strategies.
- Manage and lead all aspects of the marketing function.
- Create a social media strategy to leverage social networks and virtual communities to drive consumer awareness and adoption of Online Banking as a payment option.
- Develop unique value propositions and merchant incentive based marketing programs to drive consumer adoption of online banking as a payment option at merchant sites.
- Support the development of sales strategies and go to market initiatives and create sales and marketing collateral/tools for internal sales and channel partners.
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of marketing strategies and programs.
- Coach, mentor and raise the team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for career development and growth.
- Establish Mazooma as a thought leader by "influencing the influencers" within the payments and analyst community.
- Research and analyze payment landscape to identify market and product opportunities.
- Help create and promote Company's mobile marketing message.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a B to C marketing role with at least 2 years at the director level.
- Demonstrated success using Facebook marketing tools to drive consumer adoption with the ability to apply such experience to Mazooma.
- Experience in early stage ventures, ecommerce/Internet, social networks, digital goods, and mobile commerce segments.
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energies on achieving business goals.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is hands-on, and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated capability to think strategically while also developing and executing tactical plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- University degree in business/marketing strategy and/or communications.