The Electrical/Instrument Tech will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Research and development of Automation and Electrical control systems on drilling and oilfield equipment;
- Work with a team or as an individual in designing, maintaining and improving electrical systems on oilfield equipment;
- Sourcing equipment and materials;
- Assist in estimating control and electrical systems;
- Design and manufacture control panels and equipment;
- Maintain drawings and records of control equipment; and
- Work with Electricians and crews in trouble shooting and designs.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
Electrical Engineering tech, Instrument tech, or certified journeyman electrician with appropriate skills and training;
- Must be able to work independently and analytically solve problems;
- Oilfield services and construction experience is highly desired;
- Ability to work both in the office and in the field;
- Must be able to work without drawings;
- Computer skills;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong people skills; and
- Must have a valid vehicle operations license (abstract required).
The following skills are an asset but not absolutely required
- Drilling rig construction and maintenance experience an asset;
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) and networking experience;
- Experience with (AC) drives and automated drilling rigs required;
- Silicon controlled rectifier (SCR) experience an asset;
- Motor controls experience an asset;
- Generator control experience an asset;
- AutoCAD experience an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of 12 and 24VDC electrical systems;
- Knowledge and experience of electric over hydraulic and pneumatic systems; and
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and standards pertaining to non-hazardous and hazardous areas.
Must have clean driving record. Above average wages and benefits. Please apply in confidence to the ad or fax resumes to (780) 955-2912.