MAXXAM Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyed working with the clients; finding what they needed & wanted & making sure they received the service & tried my best to give MORE than they exp
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2013
Maxxam was a very high paced work environment. Satisfaction at work was mostly client based. Very Hard to get further in the company. Once they found what you were good at, they left little room for advancement; as they liked to keep you were making the client most happy; which was fine, except if you wanted to do more.
Responsible and dedicated work
Field Technician-Sample Collection (Current Employee) –  Mississaugua, ONJune 17, 2014
At maxxam I am working as a field technician for the water sampling project in the City of Toronto. I have been specially trained for this position. It s a very serious and responsible job.
Progressive, Exciting and Poorly Managed Transportation/Logistics
Driver/Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioOctober 27, 2014
The company hired me to take over the Transportation department and to correct the faults of running equipment which was in a condition that should of been fixed. When confronted with a list of repairs that needed attention, the manager took the information and brought costs into the factors and only when the vehicles fell apart and could not be used was things done. There were no preventative maintenance done, drivers failed to do proper pre-trip inspections and refused to turn in inspection reports. The department was no safety minded until their vehicle broke down. I tried to talk the company into options with a large leasing company and not sure if the contract was signed or not because the company after 2 1/2 months decided to restructure the position and I was released. As a Certified Director of Safety, a lot of the job I did was questionable.

The co-workers were a great bunch of people who got use to way things are and saw no benefit to change to a safety minded posture. When talking to one fellow who got called in by an off duty OPP officer for failing to be defensive in his driving, he laughed and refused to believe. We discussed distracted driving which he then realized it might be true.

What I learned was there are still companies trying to run a transportation department, running in and out of the USA and Canada with no CVOR or CSA compliant documentation associated with the company.
Pros
95% of the drivers want to run a safe operation
Cons
a logistics manager with their head in the sand
big company
laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  cambabelo rd mississaugaFebruary 14, 2012
good place to work,good experience,good organisation .different sectors,i worked processing laboratory
Pros
3 breaks in a day
Cons
clean environment
ambiance du travail très agréable
Stage (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 5, 2016
les gens sont très gentils. très agréable chez maxxam.
apprendre beaucoup de choses, travailler en équipe,
Belle culture d'entreprise
Spécialiste en assurance qualité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 30, 2014
Une équipe jeune et dynamique. Très portée sur la qualité de ces service analytique.
Pros
journée bénévolat et avantage sociaux
Cons
evolution de carrière