Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employee Reviews

Good experience
Inorganics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2015
Expanded my experience. Made me appreciate Maxxam's dedication towards quality and customer service. A lot of quality people work there.
A good workplace to start a new career
LabTech (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2015
I started from an entry level position and was fortunate enough to move up the laboratory "ladder".

The working team members of my area meshed well and having work there for more than 10 years, great working relationships developed.

This was a very fast paced workplace and you were expected to keep up.
Pros
The worker community
Cons
Low pay
A very good place to learn and gain experience.
Corporate Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2015
A very good place to start, if you'd like to learn and gain experience. Lots of opportunities for career advancement. Maxxam also supports personal continuing education which will benefit both employees and the organization.
Friendly Co-workers. Busy Atomshpere
Supervisor, Food Science & Safety Division (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
Sanitizing area before placing samples on the table, making sure no samples are contaminated. Unloading samples from the trucks ensuring that food samples are at accurate temperatures. Testing samples for various bacterias, eg) e-coli, salmonella listeria, yeast & mold and staph. Importing analysis into database. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful when needed. Hardiest part of the job was working overtime on a regular basis. Most enjoyable part was ensuring that not only myself was satisfied but the client as well with the analysis.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Overtime hours on a regular basis
Lab Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 September 2015
It is a very good company, the camp facilities are very good with gym and the rooms are very nice and I never seen a camp like that. Indeed people are good and cooperative.
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 September 2015
Friendly atmosphere, managers are encouraging. Good training opportunities. Employees are given opportunity to use their own judgement and initiative when appropriate
Good learning experience
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta4 August 2015
Good team players with different backgrounds, Learned many soft skills that I was able to implemented in my new job.

It was also a fun place to work, lot of work , but this is expected of a big company
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent Company
Air Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 August 2015
Maxxam Analytics is a company that has fun, believes in it's all of its product lines and attracts great people. The technology, and people at Maxxam Analtics is amazing.
Great people.
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2015
Maxxam has decent benefits and majority of the people are very friendly and their lab staff is very knowledgeable. Every month end they have bagel days and that is something everyone is looking forward to.
Productive, team work and culturally developed
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2015
A typical work day would begin off by going to the sample fridge and grabbing the samples which are ready to analyzed by the instruments. once the samples are obtained they are then prioritized and run on the instruments according to importance and urgency. Once the samples have finished running the data would then be transferred to the desktop computer and analyzed and a complete analyzed package would be given to the management. Throughout the day some instruments would require maintenance if abnormalities arise in the chrome, in such case the samples would be removed from the particular instrument and run onto another while the other one is cooling.The hardest part of the job was the troubleshooting of instruments and/or samples sent by clients. This part was made easy due to an excellent work team and management.
good IT team
Computer systems specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary7 July 2015
I'm enjoying to work at Maxxam analytics. A typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee... and 10 telephone calls. First thing which I learned at Maxxam: "If it's working don't touch it " or "before you do change something make sure you don't break it". My manager is the best manager which I had during of my all career.
Good experience but low payment
Pathogen Laboratory Technician (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2015
Good experience
Good space to learning
Really busy lab
Good practice for team work
Have more chance transfer to other relevant job
Good work space
Pros
Learning a lot
Cons
pay low
Leisure workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc27 May 2015
During my time at Maxxam Analytics Inc. I labeled vials, prepared samples to be tested by scientists and disposed of old samples. This job taught me patience because there was a lot of repetition involved.
Average day as a Sample Support Technician
Food Sample Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2015
- Average day starts at work with inspecting samples, making sure they are okay to be processed, and adding test codes using a program called LIMS, which informs the laboratory what to process the sample for
- As a closing staff, I am one of the last person to leave work. This includes making sure all the samples are present in the lab, all the test codes are correct, and samples with any major problems are held over and the client is notified about it.
- Working at Maxxam Analytics has taught me how to work with CFIA level SOPs, GMPs. Also, working at the front end of the laboratory gives us the overall perspective of how an analytical laboratory operators as a whole.
- The hardest and the most enjoyable part of this position was always using problem solving skills as a lot of samples are received with wrong chain of custodies or with wrong test codes.
Very good place to learn new technology, but avarage managment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2015
Perform GC/MS analysis of air for full VOC list
Learn about GC/MS and Entech instrument
Management is very technically qualify but not "management" part
Very good team work with co-workers
The hardest part no technical suport for Entech instrument
The most enjoyable part learning new staff and make co-worker friends
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security
Overall, a very stressful, negative, agressive work environment
Laboratory Analyst I - Contractual (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2015
- The work itself is quick to learn and easy to adapt to
- Very good training program
- Good hours
- Good work location - parking sufficient
- Employer very demanding and unsupportive
- Challenging and unnecessarily competitive.
- Little teamwork
- Very demanding of overtime and work weekends is expected
Environmental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  mississauga20 January 2015
dinamic fast past environment- nice coworkers and amazing supervisors
Had a great productive time and learned a lot of new things
Lab technician(Coop) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 December 2014
I had an okay time there, but I was very productive and gained lots of valuable experiences from it. Great environment with amazing co-workers.
Pros
Good working environment and flexible hours
Cons
Far away from home
Healthy and friendly work environment, and lots of learning opportunities
Bottle Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2014
Working with Maxxam Analytics has proven to be a very good experience. Eventhough I was a Bottle Prep Technician, My supervisor has always encouraged me and given me opportunities to learn in different parts of the department. I have also been trained in sample inspection as well as sample entry. I am not just constrained to work in bottle prep. When needed, I am always up as a helping hand in sample inspection as well as sample entry. This brought a change in my daily schedule as it was not just a typical repetation of work and I was allowed to do different kinds of tasks. All of my co-workers are very friendly and always ready to teach new things or give ideas to work faster and better.
Excellent place to learn
Environmental Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2014
My typical day include preparing and testing soil and water samples from mostly oilfields. Management is very easy going. Some co worker get away with lazing around.
Pros
Good place to learn

2.7