Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employee Reviews

was fun with table tenis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
good working with people, nice environment and stable job depend on supervisor and your knowledge and experience
Company is fast growing
Good company with learning opportunties to start your career
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2014
Maxxam Analytics is a good place to start your career or if you're looking for work experience. I worked for the company for two years and enjoyed my time there and the experience I gained. It was a great team environment and there are lots of learning opportunities available. Generally it was very busy and there was lots of work to do, but at times it could be stressful to meet specific deadlines. As a company they pay on the lower end of the scale compared to other companies in the same industry and I found there was a high turnover rate because of that. Most people eventually moved on to higher paying jobs, including those in senior management positions, which is unfortunate because I think it would be in the company's best interest to keep employees long term.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation and benefits, positive team environment, learning and training opportunities.
Cons
low pay, high employee turnover
Good
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2016
It was a good experience. Getting to know chemical testing at a industrial level. It was my first Canadian experience job.
Good
Great company to start your career with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Maxxam was a great place to work at. I've made many long lasting professional and personal relationships while working there. I was respected and my opinion was valued.
very bad company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2016
this company has very bad management and people do the daily jobs such as machine without brain. Most employee have no chemical background. The pay is very low. unbelievable it is in canada.
hard job and heavy duty
Sample Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
heavy duty and required a lot of lifting and carrying food sample
multi-tasking work place
communication is improving
dealing with multiple customers
management skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heavy
Very good place to learn new technology, but avarage managment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2015
Perform GC/MS analysis of air for full VOC list
Learn about GC/MS and Entech instrument
Management is very technically qualify but not "management" part
Very good team work with co-workers
The hardest part no technical suport for Entech instrument
The most enjoyable part learning new staff and make co-worker friends
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security
Great people.
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2015
Maxxam has decent benefits and majority of the people are very friendly and their lab staff is very knowledgeable. Every month end they have bagel days and that is something everyone is looking forward to.
Avoid This Company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2015
Supervisor was good however job was repetitive and boring. There is very little opportunity for advancement. Will make you do work above your pay grade and not pay you. The skills used for the job are something anyone can do, no need to go to university for them. I regret working here.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Boring, Repetitive, No advancement
Productive and engaging place to work
Senior Environmental Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2013
Productive and engaging place to work -
My typical day would involve managing client project submissions from receipt to data reporting.
I have learnt a great deal about project management & time management.
The management team seem quite on top of things; but at times seem a bit overbearing.
The hardest part of the job is effective time management in a heavily process oriented environment with high demands and evolving expectations.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers. They are quite awesome individuals.
Pros
Evolving and engaging
Great people, terrible wages
Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton3 September 2014
The people there were all wonderful, but there are a lot of problems with advancement.
The hardest part of the job was fixing mistakes made by other people without information as to how to fix it as well as no way to contact said people.
A typical day would consist of sample prep, running a batch of samples and then spending the rest of the day trying to find samples that had not arrived for a variety of reasons.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completing a ridiculous amount of work in a short amount of time.
I learned to be patient if a coworker does not understand what you are trying to tell them.
Pros
Table tennis, free coffee
Cons
Poor management
Good teamwork and excellent professional skills
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2015
My routing job include the verification of the pipette, balance , dispenser and hotblock , the extraction of soil , water and food sample, preparation of standard solution and maintenance of test instrument

My co-workers are good team workers, so I would like work with them. I enjoy doing any lab job except searching sample that share with other groups, so it is the hardest job for me to search a sample somewhere. I have known that following SOP is very important for a lab analyst to get right and reliable result.
Productive, team work and culturally developed
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2015
A typical work day would begin off by going to the sample fridge and grabbing the samples which are ready to analyzed by the instruments. once the samples are obtained they are then prioritized and run on the instruments according to importance and urgency. Once the samples have finished running the data would then be transferred to the desktop computer and analyzed and a complete analyzed package would be given to the management. Throughout the day some instruments would require maintenance if abnormalities arise in the chrome, in such case the samples would be removed from the particular instrument and run onto another while the other one is cooling.The hardest part of the job was the troubleshooting of instruments and/or samples sent by clients. This part was made easy due to an excellent work team and management.
Excellent
Sample Reception Login Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2012
Maxxam Analytics is a great place to work. The people are absolutely wonderful. As well, the company offers an important and quality service to oil and gas clients. Maxxam is involved in the Environmental reclamation process of drill sites in northern Alberta and abroad. Maxxam's attention to detail and success through science is what propels this company to succeed in this industry niche.

A typical day at work consists of receiving environmental samples from clients, and inputting the required test codes into a custom software program for future laboratory analysis. Samples are stored in coolers, and kept available for analysis for several months. Hazardous waste is dealt with following WHMIS guidelines. Some heavy lifting is required.

The co-workers and management are phenomenal. Maxxam Sample Reception is a social team-oriented atmosphere with a stellar cast. The supervisors are phenomenal, and help the team to function to its absolute potential. There is always someone to ask if questions arise. It is a fast paced, and enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
team building activities such as free lunches
Cons
long hours during the summer months
Not sure what you are asking here? Like mostly what I did & what I accomplished.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2013
Worked with many systems.
Excel, word, or whatever client was currently working with.
Preparing, printing reports. Sending them out thru email, mail & whatever customer requested.
Invoicing; preparing & sending invoicing out manually & Physically.
Helping with clients requests by phone, emails, etc.
Helping clients with ANY requests needed.
Updating & keeping client info up to date.
Doing each & every task required as per client.
Pros
Satisfaction for a job well done. Other than that, only client recognition.
Cons
Long hours; but mostly satisfying.
Appreciated the people very much.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB1 May 2013
Appreciated the opportunity to learn more about the environment lab industry. There was a big variety of positions to recruit for including those on the field, those in the lab, and office staff along with management.
Pros
Much opportunity for leadership and employee coaching
Cons
Too much administrative detail involved in the job, giving long hours
Lower than competitors pay
Lab technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
Lower than competitors pay, The overall company performance was good and satisfactory.

Life balance is good in this company. many people to work with and many new stuff to learn.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Lower than competitors pay
Field Technician
Field Sampling Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 September 2013
This position has been an introduction to the physical aspects of the oil and gas industry for me. As I have studied the logistics and environmental background of this industry, it was very interesting and enlightening to see these projects be put to life. Management has been very helpful and accommodating throughout all stages of this contract. The most challenging part of this position is working in severe weather conditions because the field technicians are doing sensitive testing that can be affected by the weather if the right measures are not taken. The most enjoyable part of this position is learning the various stages and procedures that go into oil production.
A very good place to learn and gain experience.
Corporate Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2015
A very good place to start, if you'd like to learn and gain experience. Lots of opportunities for career advancement. Maxxam also supports personal continuing education which will benefit both employees and the organization.
Great experience, learned great people skills and Independent work
Project Management/ Client Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2013
I dealt with over 500 companies doing environmental project management. Worked with all testing regulations in British Columbia Canada with respect to Industrial Hygiene, Water quality, asbestoes testing and Soil samples. I also worked with reclaimation and remediation in environmental standards and regulations in BC. My office was a great tool to learn from because I worked with Project Managers at all levels and they were a great fountain of knowledge. I enjoyed dealing with the clients and teaching new customers about the testing requirements and regulations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxxam Analytics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7