Maxxam Analytics Inc.

Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

Excellent Company
Air Services Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 1, 2015
Maxxam Analytics is a company that has fun, believes in it's all of its product lines and attracts great people. The technology, and people at Maxxam Analtics is amazing.
Great people.
Project manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2015
Maxxam has decent benefits and majority of the people are very friendly and their lab staff is very knowledgeable. Every month end they have bagel days and that is something everyone is looking forward to.
Productive, team work and culturally developed
Analyst I (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2015
A typical work day would begin off by going to the sample fridge and grabbing the samples which are ready to analyzed by the instruments. once the samples are obtained they are then prioritized and run on the instruments according to importance and urgency. Once the samples have finished running the data would then be transferred to the desktop computer and analyzed and a complete analyzed package would be given to the management. Throughout the day some instruments would require maintenance if abnormalities arise in the chrome, in such case the samples would be removed from the particular instrument and run onto another while the other one is cooling.The hardest part of the job was the troubleshooting of instruments and/or samples sent by clients. This part was made easy due to an excellent work team and management.
good IT team
Computer systems specialist (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 7, 2015
I'm enjoying to work at Maxxam analytics. A typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee... and 10 telephone calls. First thing which I learned at Maxxam: "If it's working don't touch it " or "before you do change something make sure you don't break it". My manager is the best manager which I had during of my all career.
Good experience but low payment
Pathogen Laboratory Technician (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Learning a lot
Cons: pay low
Good experience
Good space to learning
Really busy lab
Good practice for team work
Have more chance transfer to other relevant job
Good work space
Leisure workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Montreal, QcMay 27, 2015
During my time at Maxxam Analytics Inc. I labeled vials, prepared samples to be tested by scientists and disposed of old samples. This job taught me patience because there was a lot of repetition involved.
Average day as a Sample Support Technician
Food Sample Support Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
- Average day starts at work with inspecting samples, making sure they are okay to be processed, and adding test codes using a program called LIMS, which informs the laboratory what to process the sample for
- As a closing staff, I am one of the last person to leave work. This includes making sure all the samples are present in the lab, all the test codes are correct, and samples with any major problems are held over and the client is notified about it.
- Working at Maxxam Analytics has taught me how to work with CFIA level SOPs, GMPs. Also, working at the front end of the laboratory gives us the overall perspective of how an analytical laboratory operators as a whole.
- The hardest and the most enjoyable part of this position was always using problem solving skills as a lot of samples are received with wrong chain of custodies or with wrong test codes.
Very good place to learn new technology, but avarage managment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no job security
Perform GC/MS analysis of air for full VOC list
Learn about GC/MS and Entech instrument
Management is very technically qualify but not "management" part
Very good team work with co-workers
The hardest part no technical suport for Entech instrument
The most enjoyable part learning new staff and make co-worker friends
Overall, a very stressful, negative, agressive work environment
Laboratory Analyst I - Contractual (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 4, 2015
- The work itself is quick to learn and easy to adapt to
- Very good training program
- Good hours
- Good work location - parking sufficient
- Employer very demanding and unsupportive
- Challenging and unnecessarily competitive.
- Little teamwork
- Very demanding of overtime and work weekends is expected
Environmental Lab Technician (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 20, 2015
dinamic fast past environment- nice coworkers and amazing supervisors
Had a great productive time and learned a lot of new things
Lab technician(Coop) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 24, 2014
Pros: good working environment and flexible hours
Cons: far away from home
I had an okay time there, but I was very productive and gained lots of valuable experiences from it. Great environment with amazing co-workers.
Healthy and friendly work environment, and lots of learning opportunities
Bottle Prep Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2014
Working with Maxxam Analytics has proven to be a very good experience. Eventhough I was a Bottle Prep Technician, My supervisor has always encouraged me and given me opportunities to learn in different parts of the department. I have also been trained in sample inspection as well as sample entry. I am not just constrained to work in bottle prep. When needed, I am always up as a helping hand in sample inspection as well as sample entry. This brought a change in my daily schedule as it was not just a typical repetation of work and I was allowed to do different kinds of tasks. All of my co-workers are very friendly and always ready to teach new things or give ideas to work faster and better.
Excellent place to learn
Environmental Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good place to learn
My typical day include preparing and testing soil and water samples from mostly oilfields. Management is very easy going. Some co worker get away with lazing around.
A very good contract lab, good start to a career
Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton environmentalSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: fast pace, learn new technology, take pride in quality.
Cons: lots of overtime needed in busy season.
As contract labs go this is a very good one. Data quality is the top priority. They have become the go to lab for quality work in the Alberta market since the demise of Envirotest. Management and supervisors work long hours year round, analysts work long hours during busy season, and it gets boring during slow season. The company does try to minimize layoffs by using co-op students but some layoffs are unavoidable. Expect to be seasonal temp when first hired with no benefits, but if you get full time here, benefits are very good. Stay to learn new skills and pad your resume then move on, unless you love the fast pace. If you do, then stay and you will eventually get promoted.
Great First Job
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: low wages
-Go to work and conduct the analysis on the samples one is given
-Learn how a lab operates
-Hard working and motivated on keeping you safe
-Nice
-Receiving late coming samples that are due the next day
-Conducting the analysis
Great people, terrible wages
Analyst 2 (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: table tennis, free coffee
Cons: poor management
The people there were all wonderful, but there are a lot of problems with advancement.
The hardest part of the job was fixing mistakes made by other people without information as to how to fix it as well as no way to contact said people.
A typical day would consist of sample prep, running a batch of samples and then spending the rest of the day trying to find samples that had not arrived for a variety of reasons.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completing a ridiculous amount of work in a short amount of time.
I learned to be patient if a coworker does not understand what you are trying to tell them.
there is a table tennis in this company and everyone can practice in their break time
Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2014
Pros: some time we have free lunches at work which is awesome.
I start with GC appropriate standard,after being passed,i will go to GC appropriate gas and oil samples.
I have learned different test that the gas Chromatography is the most important of them.
I will enjoy to work with my co-workers because they are awesome.
The hardest part of the job is to pass the standards.
The most enjoyable is to be with co-workers at work.
Good company with learning opportunties to start your career
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid vacation and benefits, positive team environment, learning and training opportunities.
Cons: low pay, high employee turnover
Maxxam Analytics is a good place to start your career or if you're looking for work experience. I worked for the company for two years and enjoyed my time there and the experience I gained. It was a great team environment and there are lots of learning opportunities available. Generally it was very busy and there was lots of work to do, but at times it could be stressful to meet specific deadlines. As a company they pay on the lower end of the scale compared to other companies in the same industry and I found there was a high turnover rate because of that. Most people eventually moved on to higher paying jobs, including those in senior management positions, which is unfortunate because I think it would be in the company's best interest to keep employees long term.
PSD
Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2014
Satisfied
Good in all with working crew
Everyone work hard
Good Laboratory Equipments
Keep on getting better with company system
awesome place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: no boss breathing down your neck
Cons: pay is not good
great place to work but the pay is not the best. The managers are awesome, staff is like no other, but if you cant pay rent in the end than its not worth it

1 2 3

About Maxxam Analytics Inc.

Founded over 40 years ago, Maxxam has developed into Canada’s leader in analytical services and solutions to the energy, – Read more

Maxxam Analytics Inc. Photos