Maxxam Analytics Inc.

Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company with learning opportunties to start your career
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid vacation and benefits, positive team environment, learning and training opportunities.
Cons: low pay, high employee turnover
Maxxam Analytics is a good place to start your career or if you're looking for work experience. I worked for the company for two years and enjoyed my time there and the experience I gained. It was a great team environment and there are lots of learning opportunities available. Generally it was very busy and there was lots of work to do, but at times – more... it could be stressful to meet specific deadlines. As a company they pay on the lower end of the scale compared to other companies in the same industry and I found there was a high turnover rate because of that. Most people eventually moved on to higher paying jobs, including those in senior management positions, which is unfortunate because I think it would be in the company's best interest to keep employees long term. – less
PSD
Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2014
Satisfied
Good in all with working crew
Everyone work hard
Good Laboratory Equipments
Keep on getting better with company system
awesome place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: no boss breathing down your neck
Cons: pay is not good
great place to work but the pay is not the best. The managers are awesome, staff is like no other, but if you cant pay rent in the end than its not worth it
Incompetent management and low pay
Supervisor (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 18, 2014
Pros: friendly culture, free lunches, great hr department
Cons: low pay, incompetent managers, constant passing of blame
Maxxam is a good place to work if you want a year of lab experience and contacts to provide you with a better job. They are a company who continue to exploit overqualified immigrants with low pay and long hours.

The only way to get promoted in this company is to be buddy buddy with your manager. Raises are the same.

General Manager is completely inept – more... at making logical choices and continues to drive this location into the ground.

When maxxam realizes they can no longer get by giving only cost of living raises each year, they will be a good company to work for. – less
good opportunity to learn
Laboratory Analyst I (Former Employee), kearl oil-sands (imperial oil)June 12, 2014
it was wonderful working with on different stations in labs and to learn about different methods which i have already mentioned in my resume
Great learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: amazing people
Cons: commercial science
Maxxam was a good place to learn. Everyday was a challenge, and staff were amazing. I appreciate the time spent.
Good place to start the career
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), MissisaugaMay 5, 2014
Worked Maxxam Analytics and enjoyed my job. Overall good pace to work but slow advancement
A good working environment for budding as well as professional microbiologists
Food Microbiologist Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: an excellent working environment.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work begins by collecting the samples and sampling it out. Then, the sample is put into media or vice-versa and kept at incubation at the required incubation conditions.

The skills involved include a knowledge of plating techniques, pouring techniques and analyzing the results for any kind of contamination that would be there in food.
Flexable hours with good benefit.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and typical day work is busy and productive.
EXCELLENT WORK CULTURE
Co-op placement (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 14, 2014
The company has a good management and co-workers.It was really nice working with them.The staff followed team work,respect and integrity to reach target.There was a play way method to inspire the staff to put an extra effort to achieve success.I highly appreciate this effort.
An enironment of challenges, and innovation.
lab technician-archiving, retreiving, amd disposal (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 30, 2013
Pros: proximity
Cons: pay, heat in summer
I am sorry I have yet to use your sight to make a proper evaluation

A typical day at my work involved, answering e-mails and responding to queries . Samples of soil, water, and food were archived, and retrieved based on requests.

Management,at one level was responsive to innovations and good at communication feedback

My co-workers were excellent – more... at team work.

The hardest part of the job was the lifting and the heat in the summer.

The most enjoyable part of the day was retrieving off the samples. – less
Productive and engaging place to work
Senior Environmental Project Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2013
Pros: evolving and engaging
Cons: long hours
Productive and engaging place to work -
My typical day would involve managing client project submissions from receipt to data reporting.
I have learnt a great deal about project management & time management.
The management team seem quite on top of things; but at times seem a bit overbearing.
The hardest part of the job is effective time management – more... in a heavily process oriented environment with high demands and evolving expectations.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers. They are quite awesome individuals. – less
Field Technician
Field Sampling Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 11, 2013
This position has been an introduction to the physical aspects of the oil and gas industry for me. As I have studied the logistics and environmental background of this industry, it was very interesting and enlightening to see these projects be put to life. Management has been very helpful and accommodating throughout all stages of this contract. The – more... most challenging part of this position is working in severe weather conditions because the field technicians are doing sensitive testing that can be affected by the weather if the right measures are not taken. The most enjoyable part of this position is learning the various stages and procedures that go into oil production. – less
Not sure what you are asking here? Like mostly what I did & what I accomplished.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2013
Pros: satisfaction for a job well done. other than that, only client recognition.
Cons: long hours; but mostly satisfying.
Worked with many systems.
Excel, word, or whatever client was currently working with.
Preparing, printing reports. Sending them out thru email, mail & whatever customer requested.
Invoicing; preparing & sending invoicing out manually & Physically.
Helping with clients requests by phone, emails, etc.
Helping clients with ANY requests needed.
Updating – more... & keeping client info up to date.
Doing each & every task required as per client. – less
Summary
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2013
We have free Tim horton party at the end of every month.

I learned so many skills like work under pressure, meet dead lines, priority of work, work independently as well as as a team player

Our management is very co-operative

I have very good relations with all co- worker. My co-workers always tell about me i am very quick learner, hard working, – more... responsible and confident about my work.

we are focus on health and safety. We always think safety starts with me

Most enjoyable part of the job is my work. I am always enjoy with my work. I like to solve trouble shooting during work and like to accept challenges. – less
Good place to learn
Analyst 1 (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 29, 2013
there are opportunities all over the company to move and to learn about everything.
Great place to work with multicultural environment
Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2013
Easy going and multicultural environment
Great place to enhance knowledge
Very helpful co-workers
Appreciated the people very much.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 1, 2013
Pros: much opportunity for leadership and employee coaching
Cons: too much administrative detail involved in the job, giving long hours
Appreciated the opportunity to learn more about the environment lab industry. There was a big variety of positions to recruit for including those on the field, those in the lab, and office staff along with management.
Maxxam provides an excellent overall work environment
Operations Manager, Environmental Division (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: none that i have experienced during my 19 years of employment.
I was employed with Maxxam for 19 years and I have a lot of fun, was provided a lot of room for growth. I would recommend Maxxam to anyone who wants to work in a progressive environment.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent managemt, social culture and work time flexibility
Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: job due date, meeting customer demands, free lunch, employee kids christmas party, employee christmas lunch, new year party.
Cons: work pressure to accomplish as much as possible during the work day.
A typical day at work starts with lots of things to organize before beginning to setup experimental batches. One has to make sure that the work environment is clean and free from any material that is potential cause for hazards. Everything that is reqiured for the job should be ready and in sufficient quantities for the day's activities.

It is important – more... to prioritize the daily work according to rush, rework and regular samples. The management is supportive and gives guidance in all aspect of day to day activities.

I learned scientific procedures and principles for different types of analytical works in addition to social cultures and how to work within a team. I also learned how to deal with co-workers with difficult characters.

The hardest part of the job is when one has to repeat an experiment setup due to quality control failures. This doesn't happen so often. However, when that happens, it is time consuming to search for archived samples and to re-work all the way from the start.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is a team work. As a team everyone does the best to accomplish the task in due time. – less

About Maxxam Analytics Inc.

Founded over 40 years ago, Maxxam has developed into Canada’s leader in analytical services and solutions to the energy, – Read more

Maxxam Analytics Inc. Photos