Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employee Reviews

was fun with table tenis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
good working with people, nice environment and stable job depend on supervisor and your knowledge and experience
Company is fast growing
Analysis
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sladview25 November 2016
Average knowledge level is low, , you also need follow theirs method of test, can't believe their test result, if you want keep the entry labour job, also need follow the wrong test & report method,
thank the sladview manager to lay off me, I had another choice, opened my own business, now more relax & happy with my professional knowledge.
Pros
Entry experience, for freshman
Cons
Skill labor with low salary without future
fun lab
Environmental Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A company you can learn a lot and spend your days working with amazing people. Unfortunately due to utility and government regulations we've gone through lots of ups and downs which i decided to look for other opportunities.
NOT a nice place to work.
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2016
Good management was lacking. Supervisor too busy to ask for help when needed. HR department made their own assumptions so was wrongly accused. Was let go without chance to explain. Did not maintain confidentiality at all, so was made to look bad to fellow employees. Job duties were okay, but wage didn't match the job. Other employees agreed. Terrible experience.
Pros
Fellow employees were nice.
Cons
Not enough pay for type of work.
Great company to start your career with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Maxxam was a great place to work at. I've made many long lasting professional and personal relationships while working there. I was respected and my opinion was valued.
Great place to work and get laboratory experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
I was fortunate to work in the mobile laboratory. Maxxam has an Excellent QA system, wonderful people to work with, lots of fun. Great place to get experience.
Pros
Free coffee, lunches sometimes, overall good environment to work
Cons
Too much paper work and documentation, unable to focus on productivity
very bad company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2016
this company has very bad management and people do the daily jobs such as machine without brain. Most employee have no chemical background. The pay is very low. unbelievable it is in canada.
Was a job I thought I could do forever
Field Technician II (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB30 July 2016
Job was fine at first due to it being my first full-time job that was not retail. Then everything went downhill with the company being bought out overseas, change of leadership then the layoff of over half the employees.
Pros
It was a job with good pay.
Cons
Long hours, staff was disposable, interoffice animosity and favoritism
hard job and heavy duty
Sample Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
heavy duty and required a lot of lifting and carrying food sample
multi-tasking work place
communication is improving
dealing with multiple customers
management skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heavy
Very Productive and able to learn so much through trainings
Environmental Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
A very wonderful organization to work with. Being in the Environmental Field, traveling is fun as you get to visit every single site of major oil and gas plants within Canada. Training for staff is a key for a carrier beginner and it never ends. The manager is such an understanding minded and very easy going. I worked with Maxxam both in Calgary and Edmonton offices and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
free dinner after long good job over a week
Cons
Long hours in field
Great working environment
Sample Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
Good work experience for entry level experience. Poor salary and hours. Great people/coworkers and management. Very busy environment.
friendly work environment
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
A day start with checking summary of samples and priortise samples according to deadline. Manangement is very supporting, I have learned various instruments like ICP-OES, pH meter, EC meter.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
not good raise
Friendly environment
Lab Technician (internship) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 March 2016
Maxxam is a Peaceful place to work and has friendly environment. However the salary offered even for the very experienced staffs is way bellow expectation.
Pros
Peaceful and friendly environment
Cons
low salary
Overly Competitive out of touch Company
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC25 February 2016
I would strongly avoid this Company at all cost. The salary is way below expectations of a competitive market. You get little to no resources in regards to work load, basically you are expected to work the job of 3-4 people and the salary doesn't reflect the amount of work load. I would be told not asked to work at times 7 days straight with no rest. Many of my colleagues I had the pleasure of working with either had nervous breakdowns or had to take stress related leave. The company is highly competitive to the point where your personal time was never considered. Management would constantly talk negatively to the Regional Manager to give you a bad impression in the eyes of upper management. Any work related grievances with Human Resources never were resolved. Company moral was always on the down side due to aggressive supervisors with no idea of how to express themselves. If you enjoy being extremely over worked and under payed then consider this company but I strongly urge anyone to re-consider their career at this company.
Pros
Leaving the Company
Cons
Showing up for another day of abuse
Lower than competitors pay
Lab technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
Lower than competitors pay, The overall company performance was good and satisfactory.

Life balance is good in this company. many people to work with and many new stuff to learn.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Lower than competitors pay
Good teamwork and excellent professional skills
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2015
My routing job include the verification of the pipette, balance , dispenser and hotblock , the extraction of soil , water and food sample, preparation of standard solution and maintenance of test instrument

My co-workers are good team workers, so I would like work with them. I enjoy doing any lab job except searching sample that share with other groups, so it is the hardest job for me to search a sample somewhere. I have known that following SOP is very important for a lab analyst to get right and reliable result.
Fun, great people and good starting pay
IT System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 October 2015
Great place supervisor is practically best buds and manager is awsome, love it, wish it was closer to my home, but other than that great place to work
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Far
Decent place to get more experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/A19 October 2015
First job out of university, and it is a good starting point to gain more experience. The pay is terrible, but again if you're looking for other jobs while working here then at least you will have some income. Good co-workers, everyone is really friendly.
Avoid This Company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2015
Supervisor was good however job was repetitive and boring. There is very little opportunity for advancement. Will make you do work above your pay grade and not pay you. The skills used for the job are something anyone can do, no need to go to university for them. I regret working here.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Boring, Repetitive, No advancement
Good experience
Inorganics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2015
Expanded my experience. Made me appreciate Maxxam's dedication towards quality and customer service. A lot of quality people work there.

2.8