Maxxam Analytics Inc.

Maxxam Analytics Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
friendly work environment
Lab Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: not good raise
A day start with checking summary of samples and priortise samples according to deadline. Manangement is very supporting, I have learned various instruments like ICP-OES, pH meter, EC meter.
Overly Competitive out of touch Company
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Leaving the Company
Cons: Showing up for another day of abuse
I would strongly avoid this Company at all cost. The salary is way below expectations of a competitive market. You get little to no resources in regards to work load, basically you are expected to work the job of 3-4 people and the salary doesn't reflect the amount of work load. I would be told not asked to work at times 7 days straight with no rest. Many of my colleagues I had the pleasure of working with either had nervous breakdowns or had to take stress related leave. The company is highly competitive to the point where your personal time was never considered. Management would constantly talk negatively to the Regional Manager to give you a bad impression in the eyes of upper management. Any work related grievances with Human Resources never were resolved. Company moral was always on the down side due to aggressive supervisors with no idea of how to express themselves. If you enjoy being extremely over worked and under payed then consider this company but I strongly urge anyone to re-consider their career at this company.
Lower than competitors pay
Lab technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Life balance
Cons: Lower than competitors pay
Lower than competitors pay, The overall company performance was good and satisfactory.

Life balance is good in this company. many people to work with and many new stuff to learn.
Good teamwork and excellent professional skills
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 15, 2015
My routing job include the verification of the pipette, balance , dispenser and hotblock , the extraction of soil , water and food sample, preparation of standard solution and maintenance of test instrument

My co-workers are good team workers, so I would like work with them. I enjoy doing any lab job except searching sample that share with other groups, so it is the hardest job for me to search a sample somewhere. I have known that following SOP is very important for a lab analyst to get right and reliable result.
Fun, great people and good starting pay
IT System Specialist (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCOctober 28, 2015
Pros: Great Manager
Cons: Far
Great place supervisor is practically best buds and manager is awsome, love it, wish it was closer to my home, but other than that great place to work
Avoid This Company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Boring, Repetitive, No advancement
Supervisor was good however job was repetitive and boring. There is very little opportunity for advancement. Will make you do work above your pay grade and not pay you. The skills used for the job are something anyone can do, no need to go to university for them. I regret working here.
Good experience
Inorganics (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
Expanded my experience. Made me appreciate Maxxam's dedication towards quality and customer service. A lot of quality people work there.
A good workplace to start a new career
LabTech (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: The worker community
Cons: Low pay
I started from an entry level position and was fortunate enough to move up the laboratory "ladder".

The working team members of my area meshed well and having work there for more than 10 years, great working relationships developed.

This was a very fast paced workplace and you were expected to keep up.
A very good place to learn and gain experience.
Corporate Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2015
A very good place to start, if you'd like to learn and gain experience. Lots of opportunities for career advancement. Maxxam also supports personal continuing education which will benefit both employees and the organization.
Friendly Co-workers. Busy Atomshpere
Supervisor, Food Science & Safety Division (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Overtime hours on a regular basis
Sanitizing area before placing samples on the table, making sure no samples are contaminated. Unloading samples from the trucks ensuring that food samples are at accurate temperatures. Testing samples for various bacterias, eg) e-coli, salmonella listeria, yeast & mold and staph. Importing analysis into database. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful when needed. Hardiest part of the job was working overtime on a regular basis. Most enjoyable part was ensuring that not only myself was satisfied but the client as well with the analysis.
Lab Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 4, 2015
It is a very good company, the camp facilities are very good with gym and the rooms are very nice and I never seen a camp like that. Indeed people are good and cooperative.
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 1, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, managers are encouraging. Good training opportunities. Employees are given opportunity to use their own judgement and initiative when appropriate
Good learning experience
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours
Good team players with different backgrounds, Learned many soft skills that I was able to implemented in my new job.

It was also a fun place to work, lot of work , but this is expected of a big company
Excellent Company
Air Services Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 1, 2015
Maxxam Analytics is a company that has fun, believes in it's all of its product lines and attracts great people. The technology, and people at Maxxam Analtics is amazing.
Great people.
Project manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2015
Maxxam has decent benefits and majority of the people are very friendly and their lab staff is very knowledgeable. Every month end they have bagel days and that is something everyone is looking forward to.
Productive, team work and culturally developed
Analyst I (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2015
A typical work day would begin off by going to the sample fridge and grabbing the samples which are ready to analyzed by the instruments. once the samples are obtained they are then prioritized and run on the instruments according to importance and urgency. Once the samples have finished running the data would then be transferred to the desktop computer and analyzed and a complete analyzed package would be given to the management. Throughout the day some instruments would require maintenance if abnormalities arise in the chrome, in such case the samples would be removed from the particular instrument and run onto another while the other one is cooling.The hardest part of the job was the troubleshooting of instruments and/or samples sent by clients. This part was made easy due to an excellent work team and management.
good IT team
Computer systems specialist (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 7, 2015
I'm enjoying to work at Maxxam analytics. A typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee... and 10 telephone calls. First thing which I learned at Maxxam: "If it's working don't touch it " or "before you do change something make sure you don't break it". My manager is the best manager which I had during of my all career.
Good experience but low payment
Pathogen Laboratory Technician (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Learning a lot
Cons: pay low
Good experience
Good space to learning
Really busy lab
Good practice for team work
Have more chance transfer to other relevant job
Good work space
Leisure workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Montreal, QcMay 27, 2015
During my time at Maxxam Analytics Inc. I labeled vials, prepared samples to be tested by scientists and disposed of old samples. This job taught me patience because there was a lot of repetition involved.
Average day as a Sample Support Technician
Food Sample Support Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
- Average day starts at work with inspecting samples, making sure they are okay to be processed, and adding test codes using a program called LIMS, which informs the laboratory what to process the sample for
- As a closing staff, I am one of the last person to leave work. This includes making sure all the samples are present in the lab, all the test codes are correct, and samples with any major problems are held over and the client is notified about it.
- Working at Maxxam Analytics has taught me how to work with CFIA level SOPs, GMPs. Also, working at the front end of the laboratory gives us the overall perspective of how an analytical laboratory operators as a whole.
- The hardest and the most enjoyable part of this position was always using problem solving skills as a lot of samples are received with wrong chain of custodies or with wrong test codes.
Headquarters