MaxSys

MaxSys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
maxsys halifax location has gone to the dogs
General Laborer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: sometimes you get a free lunch
Cons: poor management
hfx Maxsys was an amazing company till lincoln took over. Now the front desk clerk is rude and the entire show is now mismanaged
no idea, make you feel desperated
banquet server (Former Employee), halifax, nsJuly 14, 2015
Pros: no idea
Cons: a lot
If you r college students which have no worry about the money____ just for fun, for something like social experiences or experiencing the labour life you never get a chance to have in your middle or higher class life, you definitely give a five star review!!!

Yep, you definitely gonna give a five star review while licking your silver&golden spoon by your rose lips.

Firstly,I dislike the rich college students involved in the team as they have many chances to get a job in campus, community even well paid corporation. They never follow the discipline, they stand away and laugh at the co-workers who work as a cow, they hesitate to put their well raised fingers to dirty and greasy dishes as well as they never put a heavy tray on their shoulders. After shift, many of the team members ran to the next job or home. They walk into sushi restaurant or luxury apartment or gym to treat themselves. The people, who really need these few bulks to buy family grocery, have been taken the shifts by the one who spends this money on ONE meal.

Secondly, nasty customers, most from social organization and politician. Yes, aging is never related to wisdom and patience. Some old women and older politicians turn to gorilla after a few drinks, they copy the way we carry the tray! ______ bless their whole family (especially their children and grandchildren if they have) the same job opportunity! Thank you God. Bless their CCA won't hit them too hard anyway.

Thirdly, the agency gives shifts at last seconds, I even have no time to take a bus. Cab? No way, the shift may reduced into 1 hour only ! You only get 11 dollar check next week!
BTW, hello?? Now is 9 AM, you want me to start a shift at a restaurant ASAP at 9 :15 AM. Even I live inside the restaurant, you have to allow me 20 mins to change my uniform and walk through the long lobby!
Fun team, but stressful environment and poor upper management
Recruiter (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Nice staff, fun employees
Cons: stressful environment, poor management
The team and employees at MaxSys were great, but the overall feel of the environment was quite toxic due to extreme micro-managing. The turn over was extremely high, especially due to new management being promoted/brought in. The Ottawa branch was experiencing structural and organizational change, which is perfectly fine, but the changes were poorly managed. It was abundantly clear that a majority of the staff were unhappy as there was no consistency in the workplace. Processes were constantly changing and expectations were heightened without giving employees enough time to adjust. It was evident management was far more concerned about their bottom line than the well-being of their employees and staff were left feeling highly disposable and invaluable. Management finally caught on to some of the cues from staff, but their efforts were too little, too late for many.
Business is business and companies must make money, change and grow to survive, but it should not be at the expense of employees' well-being and sanity as it often results in money lost in time spent constantly replacing and training staff. The ideas and heart are there, but the delivery is all wrong.
n/a
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Great Employees and team.

good support tools.

Management is strong, no other comments to be made the company is growing.
Doesn't pay properly
General Labour (Former Employee), kitchenerApril 10, 2015
Pros: possibility of getting hired on to company
Cons: Everything else
I was told I would be making 14$ an hour . My stubs showed this for a few weeks but no vacation pay . When I complained my next pay was 13.46 with vacation . I was not only promised by Maxsys 14 but also the company I was applying. I have been hired on the work place since and my final paystub (s) from maxsys are wrong . I finally have a stub with the amount I was suppose to be paid the whole Time but was actually paid the same ripped off amount they have been passing off. When you try to contact maxsys they will try anything to avoid you . The only way I have gotten any help I was first promised a call back then an e - mail . Finally I walked in and both staff members had their feet up on their desk and tried to tell me they were super busy and forgot .

If you don't mind making less then promised , enjoy lack of communications , like to be talked down to or blamed when you bring an issue up . Maxsys just might be for you !!!
Horrible HR practices.
Recruiter (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: long hours, low pay, HR's worst practices
First off the Mississauga branch has had 4 new recruiters in the last 3 months. Extremely high turnover rate for a reason.

Horrible HR practices. Calling people in for interviews when you know that they are not qualified or certified for the positions. (just wasting everyones time). Calling people in for positions that don't exist. Just because head office is watching how many people are interviewed daily. Its quality not quantity.

Being told by your manager to call everyone that applies without even looking at their resume. How can you call someone for a position if you don't even know if they're qualified.

This is a good place for someone to start because its entry level but its bad cause they don't teach or apply HR's best practices.

I could go on but I'll stop.
Toxic Work Environment
Bid Response Specialist and Top Talent Recruiter (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: unhealthy environment
Repressive management, culture of distrust.
Good employees who work very hard in a very micro-managed and negative workplace.
not really reliable
Labourer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 21, 2015
work isn't guaranteed but they get the majority of contracts in Halifax
Temporary Agency
Labour (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great for young people who are just starting out.
Cons: not reliable and only temporary.
Go to variable businesses for labour work on a day-to-day basis. Hardest part of this job is not knowing where you will work or how many hours you will get. Some weeks were as little as 12 hours. The most enjoyable part is always meeting new people.
Crowded work schedules/minimal shifts
Event Technician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 21, 2014
Pros: communal/social
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work with Maxsys is long and hard working tedious labour jobs. I learned there's a better way than to work at an assembly line and because you cannot make a living off of a few shifts a week. The hardest part is that you work yourself into exhaustion, its not pleasant.
FUN
pick and packet ,manufacture,assembling (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 10h
going to ware house or factory at 8am ,i learn to be ploite and to deal with different people ,my management was good ,and my co-workers was friendly the hardest part was the weather and the enjoyable part was to finish the day with job well done .
od ball job
Laborer (Current Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 25, 2014
Pros: random shifts
was never in the same spot twice, just doing odd job to make eztra money
Rewarding, challenging, excellent recruiting training
Recruiter (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 17, 2014
A typical day would consist of the following:
-registering walk-ins, booking and interviewing applicants for temporary work assignments
-receiving job orders and filling them from available pool of applicants
-creating, updating and posting job advertisements
-tracking and forwarding employee hours for weekly payroll
-answering multi-line phones
-updating data in HRIS
-prioritizing and multi-tasking in order to complete all of the above, often simultaneously

I learned to:
-organize my days in order to address conflicting demands
-receive client orders directly and address any issues
-practice tact and diplomacy when dealing with applicants from all walks of life
-maintain a positive attitude in order to deal with everyday challenges

Management:
-provided support when issues arose
-encouraged independent problem-solving
-provided semi-annual training and team-building conferences

Co-workers:
-worked closely together on client orders
-shared workload, especially when after-hours client support was required
-maintained open communication with a healthy does of humour

Challenging part of the job:
-addressing changing client demands
-dealing with client conflicts resulting from employee attendance issues

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-filling all client orders on time with excellent service
-providing temporary work that turned into long-term opportunity for employees
-working together with other hard-working recruiting staff to achieve results and have fun!
construction
temp (Former Employee), BCMay 11, 2013
Cons: they are sending workers to jobs that other agencies wont supply workers too.
Maxsys has just recently took over Proactive in BC and their jobs with construction continue to decline. Their staff years ago while Proactive knew the construction industry they were respectful to the workers. Now most of the jobs are low paying labor jobs in warehouse although they seem to have some poor ones in construction as well but not many.
Awful!
Recruiter (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 31, 2012
Worst job I ever had! There was NO job security, every day you went to work you didn't know if you would be fired for no reason. Everything done there was against Ministry of Labor laws and if it were not the few great people I met there, I would have been gone way before. (Don't even get me start on that pathetic, short man they call president).
Commis de soutien administratif
Commis de soutien administratif (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnOctober 11, 2012
Pros: très bonne communicattion
Cons: l'attente d'un nouveau contrat
Selon les contrats c'est une journée de travail ordinaire avec 8 heures par jour.
Les opportunités de développement dans l'agence même est plus difficile car c'est eux qui nous trouvent les emplois.
Cette agence possède un bon management et des collaborateurs hors pair.
Le plus difficile c'est de savoir si un autre contrat va suivre celui-là.
Le plus agréable c'est la rencontre de diverses personnalités et un travail très varié.

About MaxSys

MaxSys is a professional staffing and solutions firm, offering the best in innovative and creative professional service needs. MaxSys – Read more

MaxSys Photos