MaxSys

MaxSys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Rewarding, challenging, excellent recruiting training
Recruiter (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 17, 2014
A typical day would consist of the following:
-registering walk-ins, booking and interviewing applicants for temporary work assignments
-receiving job orders and filling them from available pool of applicants
-creating, updating and posting job advertisements
-tracking and forwarding employee hours for weekly payroll
-answering multi-line phones
-updating – more... data in HRIS
-prioritizing and multi-tasking in order to complete all of the above, often simultaneously

I learned to:
-organize my days in order to address conflicting demands
-receive client orders directly and address any issues
-practice tact and diplomacy when dealing with applicants from all walks of life
-maintain a positive attitude in order to deal with everyday challenges

Management:
-provided support when issues arose
-encouraged independent problem-solving
-provided semi-annual training and team-building conferences

Co-workers:
-worked closely together on client orders
-shared workload, especially when after-hours client support was required
-maintained open communication with a healthy does of humour

Challenging part of the job:
-addressing changing client demands
-dealing with client conflicts resulting from employee attendance issues

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-filling all client orders on time with excellent service
-providing temporary work that turned into long-term opportunity for employees
-working together with other hard-working recruiting staff to achieve results and have fun! – less
Assessment
Account/Recruitment Manager, Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2013
Maxsys is a growing recruitment firm which has made leaps and bounds within the Manufacturing and Warehousing areas. Maxsys acquired GSI Group mid-summer 2013 with the outlook that GSI will be Maxsys' IT arm.

Days are fast paced with recruitment, client and account management and team management which I find challenging and rewarding. We have a number – more... of recruiters whom want to succeed and move upwards so providing coaching is a huge part of a days work BUT very rewarding when success is reached.

My role has me constantly on the go from computer to Blackberry to personal laptop but , I like it that way. Some say this could be the hardest part of the job and while I could agree, I say it's the best part of my job. I enjoy working with people of all levels and in all areas of the workforce. I never know who I could meet next!! Very rewarding. – less
construction
temp (Former Employee), BCMay 11, 2013
Cons: they are sending workers to jobs that other agencies wont supply workers too.
Maxsys has just recently took over Proactive in BC and their jobs with construction continue to decline. Their staff years ago while Proactive knew the construction industry they were respectful to the workers. Now most of the jobs are low paying labor jobs in warehouse although they seem to have some poor ones in construction as well but not many.
Awful!
Recruiter (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 31, 2012
Worst job I ever had! There was NO job security, every day you went to work you didn't know if you would be fired for no reason. Everything done there was against Ministry of Labor laws and if it were not the few great people I met there, I would have been gone way before. (Don't even get me start on that pathetic, short man they call president).
Fun and relaxed work enviroment
IT Contractor (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed, comfortable and fun
Cons: contract/temporary
The work day was easy and relaxed. We got were blue jeans and regular shirts. I learned how to set up routers and register equipment. The managers were amazing. You could talk to them about anything. The majority the other employees were awesome. everything about that job was so much fun. The only down side was it was a temporary job, contract hire.
Great
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
N/A
IT Specialist/Special Project (Temp) (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 15, 2014
GREAT PAY PER HOUR. THE SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT UNABLE TO GET THE FULL 40 HR WEEK. MANAGEMENT VERY UNORGANIZED NOT ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF THE STORE MANAGERS. AT TIME HELPING PEOPLE INSTALL THERE EQUIPMENT.
the pay was great
technical support (Former Employee), frisco, txDecember 12, 2012
overall the pay was great, the assignment was very challening and I appreciated that most bc it kept me busy....plus I learned something new everyday.
Commis de soutien administratif
Commis de soutien administratif (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnOctober 11, 2012
Pros: très bonne communicattion
Cons: l'attente d'un nouveau contrat
Selon les contrats c'est une journée de travail ordinaire avec 8 heures par jour.
Les opportunités de développement dans l'agence même est plus difficile car c'est eux qui nous trouvent les emplois.
Cette agence possède un bon management et des collaborateurs hors pair.
Le plus difficile c'est de savoir si un autre contrat va suivre celui-là.
Le plus – more... agréable c'est la rencontre de diverses personnalités et un travail très varié. – less

About MaxSys

MaxSys is a professional staffing and solutions firm, offering the best in innovative and creative professional service needs. MaxSys – Read more