MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Very poor management (Moncton office)
Citizen (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NBMay 19, 2016
Upon arriving at the Moncton office to fill out paper work, all I could hear from the office staff was very negative comments about employees, not to
Mention also disclosing the full name off the employee and verbally bashing them. One gentleman walked into the office upset at a situation and the presented no help nor seem to have any experience dealing with a frustrated employee.
Great People!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Had a chance to work with the team and love it!

They are by far the best staffing agency I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

They found me a job right away and treated me with respect and courtesy.

The pay was OK and the service was great, I really liked the direct deposit option that was presented.

Definitely work with them again!!!
Pros
Great people, ethical, polite and respectful
Competitive and Fun Place to work
Junior Techinical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Maxsys GSI is great place to work. Currently a Junior recruiter and looking forward to improve my recruiting skills.

Management - Managers always give you feedback on your performance and suggest ways to improve it. Senior Level employees are very helpful when your new to the industry.

Culture- Competitive, Fun, and Fast paced environment.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job - Making a placement.
Pros
Training, Area, Growth
Fun place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Maxsys is a really fun place to work in! Can be intimidating at first but coworkers are very supportive and do their best to help you along the way. Not everyone is cut out for this industry, you deal with rejection from candidates but you do get to connect with some great professionals!
Pros
Amazing coworkers, fast pace, lunch and learns (Free lunch), adventure clubs
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable candidates
No work/life balance and high turn over
Staff (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
-Maxsys has an extreme old school work mentality when it comes to managing/leadership. It is under a dictatorship style environment with a 'My way or the highway" approach to business.
-The hours are 8am-5pm with no flexibility. You must work 8 hours and have 1 hour lunch. No breaks or other options available.
-Unethical practices have been seen since I have worked here (eg: The ceo sending a mass email to ALL staff telling them to post a "positive review" of Maxsys on Indeed so that he can change the company's rating.)
-Extremely HIGH turnover rate which should be analysed and NOT overlooked. Employees are quitting their jobs and voicing their reasons but no change has ever happened.
Pros
adventure club events which are held quarterly
Cons
Lack of respect and care for employees. No flexibility. Long hours. No Appreciation.
Great place to learn and Grow !
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Maxsys I have been able to learn IT recruitment through my account manager. I found things to be fast paced, and one day is not similar to the other, which I love.

I would recommend Maxsys for someone who is looking to learn in detail about recruitment industry, recruitment techniques, and develop sales skills.
Pros
A lot of opportunity to learn!
Cons
NA
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
I have been working with Maxsys for 2 months now and I am totally happy with everything.

Management is very helpful and understanding, working atmosphere is great on both management and branch level.

There is lots of room for growth and advancement with this company!
Pros
Adventure clubs, bonuses
Amazing Team and office Atmosphere
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 12, 2016
Compared to any other job that I have worked, the staff with MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is unreal. Great hard working people who get things done but have fun in the process. So many things to learn in such a fast paced environment, makes the day fly by!
Pros
Pizza lunches
I have been working at MaxSys for a few weeks, and by far the best job I have ever had.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is very nice and easy to talk to. They are very supportive in my training and will offer some great tips and advice! I am very happy to be part of the MaxSys family.
Great Team Environment!
Director, Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
MaxSys is a great place to work! The outstanding teamwork and the family-like atmosphere is very rewarding. I absolutely love the people I work with from coast to coast.

There is lots of room for growth, and advancement within the company if you work hard. There is a great deal of diversity in the work I do, there is never a dull day!

The team works extremely hard to make sure the needs of our clients and customers are exceeded.

Since the day I started, MaxSys has grown from a single branch and now we have 12 branches across Canada and we are still growing aggressively.

I am looking forward to see what the future holds!
Pros
The People!
One of few BEST places to be Registered!!!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2016
Maxsys and I have been together for more years than I can remember. Their dedication to their Clients and staff they oversee are unsurpassed. I am Proud to call myself an employee of Maxsys Personnel.
MaxSys Has a great recruitment Team
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
I've been working at MaxSys since this the beginning of the summer and our Recruitment team in the government sector gets along very well and are always willing to help each other out. The directors and upper management are always approachable and more than willing to help teach and assist. Its a fast paced environment, with a steep learning curve, but a very rewarding and worthwhile place to work. I've learned a lot in a few short months.
Fast-paced environment, great colleagues, supportive environment
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
Our team of recruiters work very well together. We all support and encourage each other.

Very fast-paced, never a dull moment, keeps you on your toes. Sometimes it feels like there just isn't enough time in a day but it definitely makes your week go by quick!

Great staff recognition, weekly meetings acknowledging the employees that are going above and beyond what is expected of them.
MaxSys Staffing
Temp worker (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 20, 2015
I've been working with MaxSys for about a year on and off. I am a student right now so I appreciate the fact that that they offer project based assignments. The other thing I enjoy is the fact that I can get work in many different industries I am in school right now so this is a great way for me to gain experience. They had me working in an office one week and then the next I was helping out doing some event promo (which was a lot of fun) I feel comfortable with the Recruiters and feel as if they really do have my best intentions in mind.
Collaborative Work Environment
Senior IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Montreal,QuebecOctober 19, 2015
Since joining the company in June of this year, I have found MaxSys Staffing to be a professional company where I have been able to interact well with my fellow colleagues as well as with the employees located within the various branches.

I know that I can reach out at anytime should I have any questions, and can expect a prompt response. I believe the future looks bright at MaxSys and look forward to further advancement and growth.
Pros
Autonomy and Opportunity for Growth
Great Company Great People
Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
I recently joined Maxsys and love it. This firm provides excellent training a great work atmosphere. I have worked in many environment and can honestly say this is the best. The many opportunities and welcoming staff make this company a cut above the rest, Senior management cares and exemplifies the word professional. If you are a lotal person then this is the place for top notch people to grow and make a significant contribution to a company that is going places.
Pros
Great Senior Management
Cons
None at all
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Admin / Head office receptioninst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa,ONOctober 19, 2015
Being an Entrepreneur,

Once I began at Maxsys I was never bored, very great environment,
the interaction between the employees and clients.

Seeing the wonderful opportunities the recruiter work hard to find our candidates.

Speaking to the candidates everyday is also my favorite part, they know me by name and appreciate our Agency.

Seeing how passionate EVERYONE is about the careers.

The professional and family relationship is why Maxsys is growing and will always continue to do so!!!

CANADA here we come.......
love working here
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2015
Maxsys is a great company to work with, they gave me a great opportunity to grow and broaden my skills, the management here is excellent and my co-workers are amazing, what made me realize that they were a great caring company was when the president of the company approached me and knew me by name and took interest in my family life, I would recommend maxsys to anyone looking to build a career. overall a great place to work
Pros
great staff and management
Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 19, 2015
MaxSys GSI is an excellent place to work. The vision of the company, as stated by the president, is clear and there are many opportunities for advancement! I get to work with a very dedicated and hardworking group of people who pull together to produce high quality results on a daily basis.

Management is extremely supportive and approachable - issues are resolved in a collaborative and timely manner.

Everyone is reliable and trustworthy!
Fun and busy workplace!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  OttawaOctober 20, 2015
Maxsys is a dynamic workplace that allows you to learn new skills and advance into more senior roles within the company.

Compensation is great and you always feel appreciated.

Working as a government recruiter I get the diversity of working on several different opportunities each day. Very rewarding placing people with jobs they love.

Love the semi annual Galas with the entire company across the board! :)

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Reviews by Job Title