MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no idea, make you feel desperated
banquet server (Former Employee), halifax, nsJuly 14, 2015
Pros: no idea
Cons: a lot
If you r college students which have no worry about the money____ just for fun, for something like social experiences or experiencing the labour life you never get a chance to have in your middle or higher class life, you definitely give a five star review!!!

Yep, you definitely gonna give a five star review while licking your silver&golden spoon by your rose lips.

Firstly,I dislike the rich college students involved in the team as they have many chances to get a job in campus, community even well paid corporation. They never follow the discipline, they stand away and laugh at the co-workers who work as a cow, they hesitate to put their well raised fingers to dirty and greasy dishes as well as they never put a heavy tray on their shoulders. After shift, many of the team members ran to the next job or home. They walk into sushi restaurant or luxury apartment or gym to treat themselves. The people, who really need these few bulks to buy family grocery, have been taken the shifts by the one who spends this money on ONE meal.

Secondly, nasty customers, most from social organization and politician. Yes, aging is never related to wisdom and patience. Some old women and older politicians turn to gorilla after a few drinks, they copy the way we carry the tray! ______ bless their whole family (especially their children and grandchildren if they have) the same job opportunity! Thank you God. Bless their CCA won't hit them too hard anyway.

Thirdly, the agency gives shifts at last seconds, I even have no time to take a bus. Cab? No way, the shift may reduced into 1 hour – more... only ! You only get 11 dollar check next week!
BTW, hello?? Now is 9 AM, you want me to start a shift at a restaurant ASAP at 9 :15 AM. Even I live inside the restaurant, you have to allow me 20 mins to change my uniform and walk through the long lobby! – less
Rewarding, challenging, excellent recruiting training
Recruiter (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 17, 2014
A typical day would consist of the following:
-registering walk-ins, booking and interviewing applicants for temporary work assignments
-receiving job orders and filling them from available pool of applicants
-creating, updating and posting job advertisements
-tracking and forwarding employee hours for weekly payroll
-answering multi-line phones
-updating data in HRIS
-prioritizing and multi-tasking in order to complete all of the above, often simultaneously

I learned to:
-organize my days in order to address conflicting demands
-receive client orders directly and address any issues
-practice tact and diplomacy when dealing with applicants from all walks of life
-maintain a positive attitude in order to deal with everyday challenges

Management:
-provided support when issues arose
-encouraged independent problem-solving
-provided semi-annual training and team-building conferences

Co-workers:
-worked closely together on client orders
-shared workload, especially when after-hours client support was required
-maintained open communication with a healthy does of humour

Challenging part of the job:
-addressing changing client demands
-dealing with client conflicts resulting from employee attendance issues

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-filling all client orders on time with excellent service
-providing temporary work that turned into long-term opportunity for employees
-working together with other hard-working recruiting staff to achieve results and have fun!
Fun team, but stressful environment and poor upper management
Recruiter (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Nice staff, fun employees
Cons: stressful environment, poor management
The team and employees at MaxSys were great, but the overall feel of the environment was quite toxic due to extreme micro-managing. The turn over was extremely high, especially due to new management being promoted/brought in. The Ottawa branch was experiencing structural and organizational change, which is perfectly fine, but the changes were poorly managed. It was abundantly clear that a majority of the staff were unhappy as there was no consistency in the workplace. Processes were constantly changing and expectations were heightened without giving employees enough time to adjust. It was evident management was far more concerned about their bottom line than the well-being of their employees and staff were left feeling highly disposable and invaluable. Management finally caught on to some of the cues from staff, but their efforts were too little, too late for many.
Business is business and companies must make money, change and grow to survive, but it should not be at the expense of employees' well-being and sanity as it often results in money lost in time spent constantly replacing and training staff. The ideas and heart are there, but the delivery is all wrong.
Fantastic team and a fun place to work!
Employee (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great team, fun working environment, lots of room for growth and development
MaxSys has the most amazing people! The company mission statement is clear and the employees here are invested in helping our clients secure top talent while helping our candidates in their search for meaningful employment. Expectations are high, but support is always available to help employees achieve their goals.The challenges are varied on a daily basis which allows you to be creative and think outside the box. This is the type of role you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day.

Leadership has done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office environment. MaxSys sponsors a number of activities to engage, recognize and reward employess including: spot bonuses, quarterly divisional competitions, adventure club team building activities, and brings all employees together twice a year for National Training and Awards retreats.
Doesn't pay properly
General Labour (Former Employee), kitchenerApril 10, 2015
Pros: possibility of getting hired on to company
Cons: Everything else
I was told I would be making 14$ an hour . My stubs showed this for a few weeks but no vacation pay . When I complained my next pay was 13.46 with vacation . I was not only promised by Maxsys 14 but also the company I was applying. I have been hired on the work place since and my final paystub (s) from maxsys are wrong . I finally have a stub with the amount I was suppose to be paid the whole Time but was actually paid the same ripped off amount they have been passing off. When you try to contact maxsys they will try anything to avoid you . The only way I have gotten any help I was first promised a call back then an e - mail . Finally I walked in and both staff members had their feet up on their desk and tried to tell me they were super busy and forgot .

If you don't mind making less then promised , enjoy lack of communications , like to be talked down to or blamed when you bring an issue up . Maxsys just might be for you !!!
Great company to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee), New BrunswickOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with, continuous learning, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Demanding hours (24/7 on call availability for maximum success)
In all of my working years, I could not be happier than I am today with the company that I am employed with. Since my first day as an employee with MaxSys, my direct manager, VP and president as well as the rest of the team at MaxSys have been more than welcoming, friendly and has always made me feel like I am a valuable asset to the team. Great working environment on both branch and management level. Staff moral is present on a daily basis and recognition for achievements are over and above what most companies would provide for their staff. Regular semi annual refresher training courses and retreats ensure our team remains strong and allows for continuous improvement. I could not be a part of a better team.

A big thank you to MaxSys for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful operation.
Horrible HR practices.
Recruiter (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: long hours, low pay, HR's worst practices
First off the Mississauga branch has had 4 new recruiters in the last 3 months. Extremely high turnover rate for a reason.

Horrible HR practices. Calling people in for interviews when you know that they are not qualified or certified for the positions. (just wasting everyones time). Calling people in for positions that don't exist. Just because head office is watching how many people are interviewed daily. Its quality not quantity.

Being told by your manager to call everyone that applies without even looking at their resume. How can you call someone for a position if you don't even know if they're qualified.

This is a good place for someone to start because its entry level but its bad cause they don't teach or apply HR's best practices.

I could go on but I'll stop.
Great Staff, Professional Service
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2015
MaxSys GSI has helped me get my foot in through the door to my career as a recent post-graduate. Their staff is friendly and flexible, and this can be noticed the moment you walk through the front doors of the company. They are a highly active equal opportunity firm, constantly helping job-seekers, who would otherwise be at a disadvantage, to find suitable positions. Particularly notable is their impact on helping newcomers (with no North American experience) to secure positions with reputable clients.
Furthermore, the company is ISO Certified, demonstrating their reputation for excellence in quality management and CRM. Who wouldn't want MaxSys to help them in their career path?
Great Team Environment!
Director, Corporate Services (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: The People!
MaxSys is a great place to work! The outstanding teamwork and the family-like atmosphere is very rewarding. I absolutely love the people I work with from coast to coast.

There is lots of room for growth, and advancement within the company if you work hard. There is a great deal of diversity in the work I do, there is never a dull day!

The team works extremely hard to make sure the needs of our clients and customers are exceeded.

Since the day I started, MaxSys has grown from a single branch and now we have 12 branches across Canada and we are still growing aggressively.

I am looking forward to see what the future holds!
Enjoyable Workplace
no one special (Current Employee), OttawaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: relaxing, fast
Cons: do not have any as of yet
I have been employed with Maxsys for 5+ years and there is not one negative word I can say about the company. Like most companies there is always the good and the bad, yet people only like to find the negatives in the workplace even when there is a lot of positives. I find the President/Owner is not only professional but he is also caring and compassionate about his employees. The company strives on teamwork and plans special events throughout the year. The company also lets your family participate in some of the events planned where most companies do not allow it.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Admin / Head office receptioninst (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONOctober 19, 2015
Being an Entrepreneur,

Once I began at Maxsys I was never bored, very great environment,
the interaction between the employees and clients.

Seeing the wonderful opportunities the recruiter work hard to find our candidates.

Speaking to the candidates everyday is also my favorite part, they know me by name and appreciate our Agency.

Seeing how passionate EVERYONE is about the careers.

The professional and family relationship is why Maxsys is growing and will always continue to do so!!!

CANADA here we come.......
Best place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2015
MaxSys is best place to work and grow your career. Amazing management and best Job culture. Management believes in promoting within, sky is the limit for recruiting professionals working at MaxSys.
MaxSys offers competitive base compensation with outstanding commission structure.
MaxSys sponsors lots of fun activities for employees- Gala, Christmas dinner, adventure club, Jeans day are few to mention.
MaxSys provides best training in market to employees for advancement and best recruitment practices.
MaxSys is the best employer in Canada.
MaxSys Staffing
Temp worker (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 20, 2015
I've been working with MaxSys for about a year on and off. I am a student right now so I appreciate the fact that that they offer project based assignments. The other thing I enjoy is the fact that I can get work in many different industries I am in school right now so this is a great way for me to gain experience. They had me working in an office one week and then the next I was helping out doing some event promo (which was a lot of fun) I feel comfortable with the Recruiters and feel as if they really do have my best intentions in mind.
Great Company Great People
Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Great Senior Management
Cons: None at all
I recently joined Maxsys and love it. This firm provides excellent training a great work atmosphere. I have worked in many environment and can honestly say this is the best. The many opportunities and welcoming staff make this company a cut above the rest, Senior management cares and exemplifies the word professional. If you are a lotal person then this is the place for top notch people to grow and make a significant contribution to a company that is going places.
Collaborative Work Environment
Senior IT Recruiter (Current Employee), Montreal,QuebecOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Autonomy and Opportunity for Growth
Since joining the company in June of this year, I have found MaxSys Staffing to be a professional company where I have been able to interact well with my fellow colleagues as well as with the employees located within the various branches.

I know that I can reach out at anytime should I have any questions, and can expect a prompt response. I believe the future looks bright at MaxSys and look forward to further advancement and growth.
Recruiters that really care
Job Seeker (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Caring staff, professionals
Cons: Nothing comes to mind
This is the first agency where I felt that the recruiters really listen to what I am looking for and take an extra effort to find me a job that I would enjoy. They spend time getting to know me and not shuffle me through a process just to get a job filled. I felt well looked after in my job search which landed me a really great job!

Thank you MaxSys and the team in Kitchener for all that you have done to help me in my job search!
Great leadership
Recruiter (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Employee Incentives
MaxSys provided me with an opportunity to get expose to the IT Consulting business. MaxSys provide the right kind of environment for someone to grow and enhance their career.

I was lucky to get a very good training on recruitment and sales. It has strong pool of client's and consultants and does business all across Canada.

MaxSys is the winner of numerous business awards and is recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.
MaxSys Has a great recruitment Team
Recruiter (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
I've been working at MaxSys since this the beginning of the summer and our Recruitment team in the government sector gets along very well and are always willing to help each other out. The directors and upper management are always approachable and more than willing to help teach and assist. Its a fast paced environment, with a steep learning curve, but a very rewarding and worthwhile place to work. I've learned a lot in a few short months.
love working here
Recruiter (Current Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2015
Pros: great staff and management
Maxsys is a great company to work with, they gave me a great opportunity to grow and broaden my skills, the management here is excellent and my co-workers are amazing, what made me realize that they were a great caring company was when the president of the company approached me and knew me by name and took interest in my family life, I would recommend maxsys to anyone looking to build a career. overall a great place to work
Fast-paced environment, great colleagues, supportive environment
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
Our team of recruiters work very well together. We all support and encourage each other.

Very fast-paced, never a dull moment, keeps you on your toes. Sometimes it feels like there just isn't enough time in a day but it definitely makes your week go by quick!

Great staff recognition, weekly meetings acknowledging the employees that are going above and beyond what is expected of them.
Links