MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

Worst Agency in Halifax
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 December 2016
put you to work with the dumbest most unprofessional people in the industry, work is never guaranteed or your recruiter will never get back to you, or make you chase down your pay, when you are supposed to be getting direct deposit
productive & great workplace
Jr recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
A Great learning experience and a fun place to work at.
Everyone is welcoming, the work is hard at times but a great learning experience.

i have learned alot so far from the short time i have been here.
Always an adventure!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB8 November 2016
I have been with Maxsys for roughly five months and what an adventure it has been! The hardest part of the job is the time management learning curve but once you get into the "groove" of things, it becomes much easier. My co-workers are like a small family, we talk both in and out of work constantly and without them and their continuous support, this would be only a job, not a rewarding career that I plan on spending many years with. Maxsys also offers fun events and galas to meet the rest of our co-workers throughout the year.
Pros
Events
Cons
occasional long hours
MaxSys Culture
Recruiter/Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work especially when you are new to the recruiting industry. The management team really cares about your success and will help you along the way. In addition, employees are recognised for their hard work and the appreciation goes a long way with productivity.
Most reliable staffing agency I've worked with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ha7 November 2016
Maxsys staff have helped me every step of the way when it comes to finding employment opportunities for my career path. The staff are friendly and very helpful in regards to allowing me to network with companies who need administrative services. I have and will continue referring friends to Maxsys and sharing their services with anyone I meet who needs a step in the right direction to getting the career started.
Pros
Great staff, friendly, helpful and reliable 24/7
Great Company!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2016
I have been employed with MaxSys for ~ 9 months and I have nothing but great things to say about this organization. The people I work with are great and the culture is a great fit.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Great environment! Very Professional!
Director Permanent Placement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
I cant say enough about this firm. What a great place to work with unbelievable opportunity. The training and structure is bar none. They offer great company outings and have black tie gala's
Pros
great training
Placement Agency
Temporary Packaging (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2016
Small company but did provide some opportunities with good employers. Lost touch with but would consider again if I run across and opportunity I am interested in advertised by them.
Good Place just not for me
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2016
Being a recruiter taught me alot of things but I think the most important thing it did teach me was that I did't want to do that type of position for the rest of my life. I am not the type of person that can sit down at work for 40 hours a week.
Pros
knowledge gained and skills learned
Cons
not for me
Productive place and fast to position you.
Casual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 July 2016
It was a great place to work, people are friendly and very easy to talk to. When your looking for something, anything, they tend to have all these jobs lined up for you.
Pros
Free lunches and t shirts
Cons
Far to travel sometimes.
Treats Employees like Children
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2016
Constant micro-management. Employees were discouraged from interacting with each other. Was constantly questions what I was talking to co-workers about and told not to talk to them, even about work related matters, and to get back to my computer and make phone calls.

Employees are expected to have their butts in seats at 8:00 and not a second later, and you're in trouble if you're even a minute late, but no thanks is given for working through lunch or after hours which is sometimes expected.

Effort made beyond what is expected (and there are quotas for everything) is not recognized. Training is minimal and procedures are constantly changing. I have been told to do one thing, then told to do the opposite the next day; it is never clear what expectations are.

Management makes it pretty clear they don't care about you and that you are replaceable. The president of the company had conversations with middle management in front of employees saying they could fire people if they felt like it.

President also told (not asked, told) employees to write positive reviews of the company on indeed to boost the rating. I did (for fear of being terminated arbitrarily) and have since removed it for a more honest review.

Was promised (in my interview AND in my contract) that commissions would be paid monthly but management always had an excuse for not paying these out. Some employees waited up to 6 months for commissions. Performance bonuses were also offered and awarded but, again, never paid out.

Was also promised benefits as soon as my probation was over but had to remind
  more... management several times to complete the paperwork. Got a very strong impression that the process was deliberately being dragged out.

Was told explicitly by my director to lie to candidates and clients.

The only positive aspect of this job are the co-workers who are all very supportive but unfortunately there is a very high turnover rate.

Save yourself the grief and don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very poor management (Moncton office)
Citizen (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB19 May 2016
Upon arriving at the Moncton office to fill out paper work, all I could hear from the office staff was very negative comments about employees, not to
Mention also disclosing the full name off the employee and verbally bashing them. One gentleman walked into the office upset at a situation and the presented no help nor seem to have any experience dealing with a frustrated employee.
Old fashioned management style that over controls all aspects of the office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
MaxSys has the potential to be a great company but the leaders in the organization are blind to see the changes in the industry (like technology upgrades). They dedicate themselves to buy companies instead of investing in their own people.

The president demanded that all employees post positive reviews on Indeed to change the ratings instead of making appropiate changes to benefit the company, that speaks volumes on the way things are run.

One way it deals with high debt because of buying corporations is to offer lower salaries and rock bottom benefits compared to the industry, also no bonuses for recruiters.

All employees are asked to work nights and weekends to respond to clients and candidates, but never think of taking a personal day or arrive late or leave early because it is an insult. Employees need to be flexible for the company but the company is not flexible towards its employees.

I hope these words help to reshape the current way of doing things
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
My way or the highway mentality
Great People!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2016
Had a chance to work with the team and love it!

They are by far the best staffing agency I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

They found me a job right away and treated me with respect and courtesy.

The pay was OK and the service was great, I really liked the direct deposit option that was presented.

Definitely work with them again!!!
Pros
Great people, ethical, polite and respectful
One of few BEST places to be Registered!!!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2016
Maxsys and I have been together for more years than I can remember. Their dedication to their Clients and staff they oversee are unsurpassed. I am Proud to call myself an employee of Maxsys Personnel.
Fun place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2016
Maxsys is a really fun place to work in! Can be intimidating at first but coworkers are very supportive and do their best to help you along the way. Not everyone is cut out for this industry, you deal with rejection from candidates but you do get to connect with some great professionals!
Pros
Amazing coworkers, fast pace, lunch and learns (Free lunch), adventure clubs
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable candidates
I have been working at MaxSys for a few weeks, and by far the best job I have ever had.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2016
The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is very nice and easy to talk to. They are very supportive in my training and will offer some great tips and advice! I am very happy to be part of the MaxSys family.
Amazing Team and office Atmosphere
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2016
Compared to any other job that I have worked, the staff with MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is unreal. Great hard working people who get things done but have fun in the process. So many things to learn in such a fast paced environment, makes the day fly by!
Pros
Pizza lunches
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
I have been working with Maxsys for 2 months now and I am totally happy with everything.

Management is very helpful and understanding, working atmosphere is great on both management and branch level.

There is lots of room for growth and advancement with this company!
Pros
Adventure clubs, bonuses
Great Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work.Management is extremely supportive,learned many skills working different jobs. I would recommend MaxSys to anyone who is looking to build a career.

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Reviews by Job Title