MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

Always an adventure!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB8 November 2016
I have been with Maxsys for roughly five months and what an adventure it has been! The hardest part of the job is the time management learning curve but once you get into the "groove" of things, it becomes much easier. My co-workers are like a small family, we talk both in and out of work constantly and without them and their continuous support, this would be only a job, not a rewarding career that I plan on spending many years with. Maxsys also offers fun events and galas to meet the rest of our co-workers throughout the year.
Pros
Events
Cons
occasional long hours
Micro Management
Staffing Recruiter and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Worse place I've ever worked, very poor management... If you like to be micro managed, then Maxsys is the place for you... Huge turn over of staff.... 0 out of 10
Pros
Cons
Long hoursPoor management, micro managed, huge turn over in staff
Poor communication. Not many options.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa9 March 2017
Very poor management ,and communication skills.

I worked with them for a little over 2 months, and only was given 2 job opportunity's. Both of my jobs were scheduled wrong. First job the agency workers were scheduled an hour early which we weren't paid for. Similar situation with the second job, time was off, and meeting location was off.
MaxSys Culture
Recruiter/Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work especially when you are new to the recruiting industry. The management team really cares about your success and will help you along the way. In addition, employees are recognised for their hard work and the appreciation goes a long way with productivity.
Great Company!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2016
I have been employed with MaxSys for ~ 9 months and I have nothing but great things to say about this organization. The people I work with are great and the culture is a great fit.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Company that forgets you exist.
None (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 February 2017
Applied, had a great chat with the recruiter, was told that I would definitely hear from them, and heard nothing. Called them a few times to inquire why, and was told that they'd get back to me, only to hear nothing.
Pros
None to speak of.
Cons
They will forget all about you.
On Call only
On call staff (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 February 2017
I have only had two shifts with Maxsys and will continue to seek shifts when them when I have no other work.
I have worked as a dishwasher at a couple hotels in Halifax. I enjoy the professionalism of Maxsys and the opportunity to get plently of experience doing many jobs
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
on call only
Best place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 October 2015
MaxSys is best place to work and grow your career. Amazing management and best Job culture. Management believes in promoting within, sky is the limit for recruiting professionals working at MaxSys.
MaxSys offers competitive base compensation with outstanding commission structure.
MaxSys sponsors lots of fun activities for employees- Gala, Christmas dinner, adventure club, Jeans day are few to mention.
MaxSys provides best training in market to employees for advancement and best recruitment practices.
MaxSys is the best employer in Canada.
Blind leading the blind
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2017
Been sent to jobs with people who don't know why they are doing, told to bring wrong ppe, direct deposits that never show up and when you wonder what's going on, they tell you it's your fault.

DO NOT Work for, they are only making things worse for Nova Scotians
Cons
Great environment! Very Professional!
Director Permanent Placement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
I cant say enough about this firm. What a great place to work with unbelievable opportunity. The training and structure is bar none. They offer great company outings and have black tie gala's
Pros
great training
Cons
Old fashioned management style that over controls all aspects of the office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
MaxSys has the potential to be a great company but the leaders in the organization are blind to see the changes in the industry (like technology upgrades). They dedicate themselves to buy companies instead of investing in their own people.

The president demanded that all employees post positive reviews on Indeed to change the ratings instead of making appropiate changes to benefit the company, that speaks volumes on the way things are run.

One way it deals with high debt because of buying corporations is to offer lower salaries and rock bottom benefits compared to the industry, also no bonuses for recruiters.

All employees are asked to work nights and weekends to respond to clients and candidates, but never think of taking a personal day or arrive late or leave early because it is an insult. Employees need to be flexible for the company but the company is not flexible towards its employees.

I hope these words help to reshape the current way of doing things
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
My way or the highway mentality
Competitive and Fun Place to work
Junior Techinical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
Maxsys GSI is great place to work. Currently a Junior recruiter and looking forward to improve my recruiting skills.

Management - Managers always give you feedback on your performance and suggest ways to improve it. Senior Level employees are very helpful when your new to the industry.

Culture- Competitive, Fun, and Fast paced environment.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job - Making a placement.
Pros
Training, Area, Growth
Placement Agency
Temporary Packaging (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2016
Small company but did provide some opportunities with good employers. Lost touch with but would consider again if I run across and opportunity I am interested in advertised by them.
Worst Agency in Halifax
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 December 2016
put you to work with the dumbest most unprofessional people in the industry, work is never guaranteed or your recruiter will never get back to you, or make you chase down your pay, when you are supposed to be getting direct deposit
productive & great workplace
Jr recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
A Great learning experience and a fun place to work at.
Everyone is welcoming, the work is hard at times but a great learning experience.

i have learned alot so far from the short time i have been here.
Great Staff, Professional Service
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 October 2015
MaxSys GSI has helped me get my foot in through the door to my career as a recent post-graduate. Their staff is friendly and flexible, and this can be noticed the moment you walk through the front doors of the company. They are a highly active equal opportunity firm, constantly helping job-seekers, who would otherwise be at a disadvantage, to find suitable positions. Particularly notable is their impact on helping newcomers (with no North American experience) to secure positions with reputable clients.
Furthermore, the company is ISO Certified, demonstrating their reputation for excellence in quality management and CRM. Who wouldn't want MaxSys to help them in their career path?
Great Team Environment!
Director, Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2015
MaxSys is a great place to work! The outstanding teamwork and the family-like atmosphere is very rewarding. I absolutely love the people I work with from coast to coast.

There is lots of room for growth, and advancement within the company if you work hard. There is a great deal of diversity in the work I do, there is never a dull day!

The team works extremely hard to make sure the needs of our clients and customers are exceeded.

Since the day I started, MaxSys has grown from a single branch and now we have 12 branches across Canada and we are still growing aggressively.

I am looking forward to see what the future holds!
Pros
The People!
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
I have been working with Maxsys for 2 months now and I am totally happy with everything.

Management is very helpful and understanding, working atmosphere is great on both management and branch level.

There is lots of room for growth and advancement with this company!
Pros
Adventure clubs, bonuses
Fantastic team and a fun place to work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 October 2015
MaxSys has the most amazing people! The company mission statement is clear and the employees here are invested in helping our clients secure top talent while helping our candidates in their search for meaningful employment. Expectations are high, but support is always available to help employees achieve their goals.The challenges are varied on a daily basis which allows you to be creative and think outside the box. This is the type of role you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day.

Leadership has done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office environment. MaxSys sponsors a number of activities to engage, recognize and reward employess including: spot bonuses, quarterly divisional competitions, adventure club team building activities, and brings all employees together twice a year for National Training and Awards retreats.
Pros
Great team, fun working environment, lots of room for growth and development
Treats Employees like Children
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2016
Constant micro-management. Employees were discouraged from interacting with each other. Was constantly questions what I was talking to co-workers about and told not to talk to them, even about work related matters, and to get back to my computer and make phone calls.

Employees are expected to have their butts in seats at 8:00 and not a second later, and you're in trouble if you're even a minute late, but no thanks is given for working through lunch or after hours which is sometimes expected.

Effort made beyond what is expected (and there are quotas for everything) is not recognized. Training is minimal and procedures are constantly changing. I have been told to do one thing, then told to do the opposite the next day; it is never clear what expectations are.

Management makes it pretty clear they don't care about you and that you are replaceable. The president of the company had conversations with middle management in front of employees saying they could fire people if they felt like it.

President also told (not asked, told) employees to write positive reviews of the company on indeed to boost the rating. I did (for fear of being terminated arbitrarily) and have since removed it for a more honest review.

Was promised (in my interview AND in my contract) that commissions would be paid monthly but management always had an excuse for not paying these out. Some employees waited up to 6 months for commissions. Performance bonuses were also offered and awarded but, again, never paid out.

Was also promised benefits as soon as my probation was over but had to remind
  more... management several times to complete the paperwork. Got a very strong impression that the process was deliberately being dragged out.

Was told explicitly by my director to lie to candidates and clients.

The only positive aspect of this job are the co-workers who are all very supportive but unfortunately there is a very high turnover rate.

Save yourself the grief and don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Reviews by Job Title