MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Place just not for me
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2016
Being a recruiter taught me alot of things but I think the most important thing it did teach me was that I did't want to do that type of position for the rest of my life. I am not the type of person that can sit down at work for 40 hours a week.
Pros
knowledge gained and skills learned
Cons
not for me
Productive place and fast to position you.
Casual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 26, 2016
It was a great place to work, people are friendly and very easy to talk to. When your looking for something, anything, they tend to have all these jobs lined up for you.
Pros
Free lunches and t shirts
Cons
Far to travel sometimes.
Treats Employees like Children
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2016
Constant micro-management. Employees were discouraged from interacting with each other. Was constantly questions what I was talking to co-workers about and told not to talk to them, even about work related matters, and to get back to my computer and make phone calls.

Employees are expected to have their butts in seats at 8:00 and not a second later, and you're in trouble if you're even a minute late, but no thanks is given for working through lunch or after hours which is sometimes expected.

Effort made beyond what is expected (and there are quotas for everything) is not recognized. Training is minimal and procedures are constantly changing. I have been told to do one thing, then told to do the opposite the next day; it is never clear what expectations are.

Management makes it pretty clear they don't care about you and that you are replaceable. The president of the company had conversations with middle management in front of employees saying they could fire people if they felt like it.

President also told (not asked, told) employees to write positive reviews of the company on indeed to boost the rating. I did (for fear of being terminated arbitrarily) and have since removed it for a more honest review.

Was promised (in my interview AND in my contract) that commissions would be paid monthly but management always had an excuse for not paying these out. Some employees waited up to 6 months for commissions. Performance bonuses were also offered and awarded but, again, never paid out.

Was also promised benefits as soon as my probation was over but had to remind
  more... management several times to complete the paperwork. Got a very strong impression that the process was deliberately being dragged out.

Was told explicitly by my director to lie to candidates and clients.

The only positive aspect of this job are the co-workers who are all very supportive but unfortunately there is a very high turnover rate.

Save yourself the grief and don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very poor management (Moncton office)
Citizen (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NBMay 19, 2016
Upon arriving at the Moncton office to fill out paper work, all I could hear from the office staff was very negative comments about employees, not to
Mention also disclosing the full name off the employee and verbally bashing them. One gentleman walked into the office upset at a situation and the presented no help nor seem to have any experience dealing with a frustrated employee.
Old fashioned management style that over controls all aspects of the office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
MaxSys has the potential to be a great company but the leaders in the organization are blind to see the changes in the industry (like technology upgrades). They dedicate themselves to buy companies instead of investing in their own people.

The president demanded that all employees post positive reviews on Indeed to change the ratings instead of making appropiate changes to benefit the company, that speaks volumes on the way things are run.

One way it deals with high debt because of buying corporations is to offer lower salaries and rock bottom benefits compared to the industry, also no bonuses for recruiters.

All employees are asked to work nights and weekends to respond to clients and candidates, but never think of taking a personal day or arrive late or leave early because it is an insult. Employees need to be flexible for the company but the company is not flexible towards its employees.

I hope these words help to reshape the current way of doing things
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
My way or the highway mentality
Great People!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Had a chance to work with the team and love it!

They are by far the best staffing agency I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

They found me a job right away and treated me with respect and courtesy.

The pay was OK and the service was great, I really liked the direct deposit option that was presented.

Definitely work with them again!!!
Pros
Great people, ethical, polite and respectful
One of few BEST places to be Registered!!!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2016
Maxsys and I have been together for more years than I can remember. Their dedication to their Clients and staff they oversee are unsurpassed. I am Proud to call myself an employee of Maxsys Personnel.
Fun place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Maxsys is a really fun place to work in! Can be intimidating at first but coworkers are very supportive and do their best to help you along the way. Not everyone is cut out for this industry, you deal with rejection from candidates but you do get to connect with some great professionals!
Pros
Amazing coworkers, fast pace, lunch and learns (Free lunch), adventure clubs
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable candidates
I have been working at MaxSys for a few weeks, and by far the best job I have ever had.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is very nice and easy to talk to. They are very supportive in my training and will offer some great tips and advice! I am very happy to be part of the MaxSys family.
No work/life balance and high turn over
Staff (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
-Maxsys has an extreme old school work mentality when it comes to managing/leadership. It is under a dictatorship style environment with a 'My way or the highway" approach to business.
-The hours are 8am-5pm with no flexibility. You must work 8 hours and have 1 hour lunch. No breaks or other options available.
-Unethical practices have been seen since I have worked here (eg: The ceo sending a mass email to ALL staff telling them to post a "positive review" of Maxsys on Indeed so that he can change the company's rating.)
-Extremely HIGH turnover rate which should be analysed and NOT overlooked. Employees are quitting their jobs and voicing their reasons but no change has ever happened.
Pros
adventure club events which are held quarterly
Cons
Lack of respect and care for employees. No flexibility. Long hours. No Appreciation.
Amazing Team and office Atmosphere
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 12, 2016
Compared to any other job that I have worked, the staff with MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is unreal. Great hard working people who get things done but have fun in the process. So many things to learn in such a fast paced environment, makes the day fly by!
Pros
Pizza lunches
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
I have been working with Maxsys for 2 months now and I am totally happy with everything.

Management is very helpful and understanding, working atmosphere is great on both management and branch level.

There is lots of room for growth and advancement with this company!
Pros
Adventure clubs, bonuses
Great Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work.Management is extremely supportive,learned many skills working different jobs. I would recommend MaxSys to anyone who is looking to build a career.
Competitive and Fun Place to work
Junior Techinical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Maxsys GSI is great place to work. Currently a Junior recruiter and looking forward to improve my recruiting skills.

Management - Managers always give you feedback on your performance and suggest ways to improve it. Senior Level employees are very helpful when your new to the industry.

Culture- Competitive, Fun, and Fast paced environment.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job - Making a placement.
Pros
Training, Area, Growth
Great place to learn and Grow !
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Maxsys I have been able to learn IT recruitment through my account manager. I found things to be fast paced, and one day is not similar to the other, which I love.

I would recommend Maxsys for someone who is looking to learn in detail about recruitment industry, recruitment techniques, and develop sales skills.
Pros
A lot of opportunity to learn!
Cons
NA
Poor management
temp (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
Terrible management - high turnover - health and safety issues - harassment policy not enforced - low pay - low in- house advancement.
Well organized company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 4, 2015
Company is well organized and looks out for it employees every step of the way. They ensure each employee is well suited the tasks they have to perform and always supply work for them.
Great Team Environment!
Director, Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
MaxSys is a great place to work! The outstanding teamwork and the family-like atmosphere is very rewarding. I absolutely love the people I work with from coast to coast.

There is lots of room for growth, and advancement within the company if you work hard. There is a great deal of diversity in the work I do, there is never a dull day!

The team works extremely hard to make sure the needs of our clients and customers are exceeded.

Since the day I started, MaxSys has grown from a single branch and now we have 12 branches across Canada and we are still growing aggressively.

I am looking forward to see what the future holds!
Pros
The People!
Diverse
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2015
they had a ver kind atmosphere that was very kind and prices with the task at hand and how to get it done properly. the managers were very nice they did everything right. as an new employe they took care of me and showed me the proper way to do thing
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
I work in the corporate side of Maxsys which is a fast paced and professional environment. I am fairly knew, still learning the ropes of the company. Everyone has been very good at teaching me and giving guidance. This s a great fun outgoing team to work for. I look forward to the future.

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Reviews by Job Title