MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
No work/life balance and high turn over
Staff (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: adventure club events which are held quarterly
Cons: Lack of respect and care for employees. No flexibility. Long hours. No Appreciation.
-Maxsys has an extreme old school work mentality when it comes to managing/leadership. It is under a dictatorship style environment with a 'My way or the highway" approach to business.
-The hours are 8am-5pm with no flexibility. You must work 8 hours and have 1 hour lunch. No breaks or other options available.
-Unethical practices have been seen since I have worked here (eg: The ceo sending a mass email to ALL staff telling them to post a "positive review" of Maxsys on Indeed so that he can change the company's rating.)
-Extremely HIGH turnover rate which should be analysed and NOT overlooked. Employees are quitting their jobs and voicing their reasons but no change has ever happened.
Best place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2015
MaxSys is best place to work and grow your career. Amazing management and best Job culture. Management believes in promoting within, sky is the limit for recruiting professionals working at MaxSys.
MaxSys offers competitive base compensation with outstanding commission structure.
MaxSys sponsors lots of fun activities for employees- Gala, Christmas dinner, adventure club, Jeans day are few to mention.
MaxSys provides best training in market to employees for advancement and best recruitment practices.
MaxSys is the best employer in Canada.
Competitive and Fun Place to work
Junior Techinical Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Training, Area, Growth
Maxsys GSI is great place to work. Currently a Junior recruiter and looking forward to improve my recruiting skills.

Management - Managers always give you feedback on your performance and suggest ways to improve it. Senior Level employees are very helpful when your new to the industry.

Culture- Competitive, Fun, and Fast paced environment.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job - Making a placement.
Great Team Environment!
Director, Corporate Services (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: The People!
MaxSys is a great place to work! The outstanding teamwork and the family-like atmosphere is very rewarding. I absolutely love the people I work with from coast to coast.

There is lots of room for growth, and advancement within the company if you work hard. There is a great deal of diversity in the work I do, there is never a dull day!

The team works extremely hard to make sure the needs of our clients and customers are exceeded.

Since the day I started, MaxSys has grown from a single branch and now we have 12 branches across Canada and we are still growing aggressively.

I am looking forward to see what the future holds!
Great Staff, Professional Service
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2015
MaxSys GSI has helped me get my foot in through the door to my career as a recent post-graduate. Their staff is friendly and flexible, and this can be noticed the moment you walk through the front doors of the company. They are a highly active equal opportunity firm, constantly helping job-seekers, who would otherwise be at a disadvantage, to find suitable positions. Particularly notable is their impact on helping newcomers (with no North American experience) to secure positions with reputable clients.
Furthermore, the company is ISO Certified, demonstrating their reputation for excellence in quality management and CRM. Who wouldn't want MaxSys to help them in their career path?
Fantastic team and a fun place to work!
Employee (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great team, fun working environment, lots of room for growth and development
MaxSys has the most amazing people! The company mission statement is clear and the employees here are invested in helping our clients secure top talent while helping our candidates in their search for meaningful employment. Expectations are high, but support is always available to help employees achieve their goals.The challenges are varied on a daily basis which allows you to be creative and think outside the box. This is the type of role you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day.

Leadership has done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office environment. MaxSys sponsors a number of activities to engage, recognize and reward employess including: spot bonuses, quarterly divisional competitions, adventure club team building activities, and brings all employees together twice a year for National Training and Awards retreats.
Great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Adventure clubs, bonuses
I have been working with Maxsys for 2 months now and I am totally happy with everything.

Management is very helpful and understanding, working atmosphere is great on both management and branch level.

There is lots of room for growth and advancement with this company!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Admin / Head office receptioninst (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONOctober 19, 2015
Being an Entrepreneur,

Once I began at Maxsys I was never bored, very great environment,
the interaction between the employees and clients.

Seeing the wonderful opportunities the recruiter work hard to find our candidates.

Speaking to the candidates everyday is also my favorite part, they know me by name and appreciate our Agency.

Seeing how passionate EVERYONE is about the careers.

The professional and family relationship is why Maxsys is growing and will always continue to do so!!!

CANADA here we come.......
Great company!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 19, 2015
I've recently joined the MaxSys team in Toronto and couldn't be more impressed with management, culture, and overall work environment. MaxSys is a company that promotes from within and I am looking forward to growing my career with this fantastic company!
love working here
Recruiter (Current Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2015
Pros: great staff and management
Maxsys is a great company to work with, they gave me a great opportunity to grow and broaden my skills, the management here is excellent and my co-workers are amazing, what made me realize that they were a great caring company was when the president of the company approached me and knew me by name and took interest in my family life, I would recommend maxsys to anyone looking to build a career. overall a great place to work
Great Management
Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work.Management is extremely supportive,learned many skills working different jobs. I would recommend MaxSys to anyone who is looking to build a career.
Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 19, 2015
MaxSys GSI is an excellent place to work. The vision of the company, as stated by the president, is clear and there are many opportunities for advancement! I get to work with a very dedicated and hardworking group of people who pull together to produce high quality results on a daily basis.

Management is extremely supportive and approachable - issues are resolved in a collaborative and timely manner.

Everyone is reliable and trustworthy!
A fantastic place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 19, 2015
Pros: career development, motivated management
One of my best decisions I've made was to join the MaxSys team. The Management team is very motivated and provides support and the necessary training to each employee to be successful and achieve goals. I have a defined career path with advancement opportunities which I have not witnessed in any other staffing agency.
Productive work place !
Sr Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent Leadership Great location and Company Branding
MaxSys provides a positive work environment , that allows you to excel in your role.
Management is very responsive to suggestions and concerns .
Excellent ongoing training is offered.
MaxSys rewards your contributions with spot bonuses, trips a Gala Dinner,a Christmas party and of course an equitable salary.
Productive work, good pay, no table tennis table
Recruiter (Current Employee), The officeOctober 23, 2015
One of the better jobs I have had. The compensation is good with plenty of opportunities for performance bonuses. Most of the people are lovely to work with. It's a good feeling to help a candidate find work. I always have the feeling that the upper management cares about the happiness of the employees.
Fun place
Recruiter (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Amazing coworkers, fast pace, lunch and learns (Free lunch), adventure clubs
Cons: Long hours, unpredictable candidates
Maxsys is a really fun place to work in! Can be intimidating at first but coworkers are very supportive and do their best to help you along the way. Not everyone is cut out for this industry, you deal with rejection from candidates but you do get to connect with some great professionals!
Great company to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee), New BrunswickOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with, continuous learning, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Demanding hours (24/7 on call availability for maximum success)
In all of my working years, I could not be happier than I am today with the company that I am employed with. Since my first day as an employee with MaxSys, my direct manager, VP and president as well as the rest of the team at MaxSys have been more than welcoming, friendly and has always made me feel like I am a valuable asset to the team. Great working environment on both branch and management level. Staff moral is present on a daily basis and recognition for achievements are over and above what most companies would provide for their staff. Regular semi annual refresher training courses and retreats ensure our team remains strong and allows for continuous improvement. I could not be a part of a better team.

A big thank you to MaxSys for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful operation.
MaxSys is AWESOME !!
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Awesome management and staff
Cons: Long hours
MaxSys is constantly growing in the fast paced Staffing market across Canada providing an excellent and challenging environment to work in with awesome management, staff, vendors and candidates.
Working @Maxsysy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
One the best places to work in my 9 year career. I am truly happy with this move and the direction our senior management is taking the company. I would recommend working at Maxsys Consulting
Poor management
temp (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Terrible management - high turnover - health and safety issues - harassment policy not enforced - low pay - low in- house advancement.
Links