Maxim Power Corp. ("MAXIM") is an independent power producer, which acquires or develops, owns and operates innovative and environmentally responsible power projects. MAXIM currently owns and operates 40 power plants in western Canada, United States and France, having 788 MW of electric and 111 MW of thermal net generating capacity. Approximately 80% of MAXIM's current portfolio is comprised of clean burning natural gas, high efficiency cogeneration, waste heat and landfill gas fuelled generation.
Maxim Power (B.C.) Inc presently has an opportunity for a:
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
The Operations group is accountable for the safe, reliable, environmentally responsible operation and maintenance of MAXIM’s facilities. This position will report to the Site Manager, Vancouver and Hartland Power Facilities, and will have primary responsibility for ensuring that the British Columbia Facilities are maintained in a manner that ensures the facilities meet the desired results for production, safety and availability/reliability.
- Inspect, repair, service and adjust landfill gas powered units
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Accurate completion of service reports and time cards
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- The preferred candidate will be a Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician with Power Generation and Power Controls experience
- Completion of Journeyman Trade Certification (3rd or 4th year apprentices will be considered)
- Very good computer and electrical skills
- Possess a valid drivers license (abstract required)
- Proven abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics
- Ability to work independently
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
MAXIM offers a competitive salary and benefits package (including a bonus program).
Please apply in confidence to the Office Administrator by sending your resume outlining your qualifications as they relate to this position before January 25, 2013 to:
MAXIM POWER CORP.
1210, 715 – 5 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2X6
Fax: (403) 263-9125