Training Provided - Renewable Contract
Hours: Part-Time – up to 24 hours per week, typically Mon-Thurs 4-8 pm + some weekend
Pay Scale: $25 - $30 per hr.
Maxi Mind Learning Centres, Inc. is a unique organization whose primary focus is to remediate ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism and other conditions affecting learning. It achieves remarkable results, primarily for children but also for adults, by coaching its clients one-on-one in the performance of brain-stimulating exercises and activities that improve focus, learning, mood and behaviour.
The Special Educational Assistant is more precisely a Neuroeducational Therapist, or in more casual terms, a Brain Training Coach. The Coach is the organization’s front line worker, managing a caseload of up to 10 clients who s/he sees two or more times per week for up to 20 weeks. Maxi Mind trains and certifies its Coaches on a variety of cutting edge technological methods that have been scientifically developed, medically endorsed, and proven clinically.
Maxi Mind registers a client, creates a customized course of 40 sessions, and then contracts with one of its certified Coaches to guide the client through the prescribed activities. The Coach maintains a home-office for seeing clients and also needs access to a car for driving to the home or school of a Client who opts to have sessions at their location.
- Training and work experience in a related area: e.g., teaching, special education, mental health, child care.
- Basic competence with computers, internet.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personality traits: Positive attitude, patient, likes kids, likes a challenge, organized, able to work independently.
- Valid driver’s licence and daily access to insured vehicle.
- Presentable home office with some open space for exercise, waiting area for parents.
- Criminal records check with vulnerable sector screening (can be obtained during training).
Please no phone calls.
Indeed - 15 months ago