The MAX Energy Group is now accepting resumes for a Site Superintendent for oil and gas projects in Northern Alberta.
Although we may not immediately hiring for this advertised position, we are always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience in the construction industry to join our team.
We need a self-starting, motivated individuals with 10-plus years supervisory experience and at least 5 years at an Oil and Gas experience (preferable more). Only those applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Please read additional information below for more details about this position.
POSITION: Site Superintendent
REPORTS TO: General Manager
In a developmental capacity, the Site Superintendent performs administrative and operational activities in planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a construction unit composed of skilled, unskilled, and multi-discipline personnel and sub-contractors involved in a dedicated project environment. Incumbents of positions at this level are involved in the daily activities of the unit and in planning and scheduling construction projects. Supervision is exercised over operations and/or sub-contractor personnel. Work is performed with/under the direction of the Project Manager within program and policy guidelines.
- Work with foremen, trade employees, administrative support, and key personnel to ensure project activity is within budgeted and operational standards.
- Audits progress of on-going projects, keeps upper-level management informed of project status and any special concerns, and ensures adherence to approved plans and specifications.
- Review and administer short and medium range operational plans, goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; assist to effect changes required for improvement.
- Critically reviews work orders, invoices, packing slips, LEM’s, etc. to determine accuracy, conformance to contractual commitments, etc.
- Represent the organization at site meetings, business meetings, supplier and contractor sites.
- Inspects job sites to ensure conformance of Sub-Contractors and site employees to established worksite policies and practices.
- Assist with developing and managing project operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Ensure compliance with corporate (corporate group of companies) policies and mandates of local, provincial, and federal agencies.
- Ensures safety and quality assurance programs are observed.
- Maintains detailed activity records and prepares activity reports.
- Have an understanding of construction methods, scheduling and blueprint reading.
- Manage all sub-trades, workers and suppliers, ensuring that they perform according to their contract.
- Ensure that the project is built to Client’s drawings & specifications.
- Use best efforts to resolve disputes between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers.
- Assist with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
o At least 10 years of construction management, supervisory experience.
o Minimum 5 years oils sands experience.
o Superintendent experience of at least 5 years within the construction field.
o Part 10 and concrete experience essential
o Moderate computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite
o Completion of technical training in construction, trades, construction management.
o Salary dependent on Experience.
Interested applicants should Apply Now, or submit a resume and cover letter to:
MAX Energy Group.
Fax: (780) 826-6001 or (780) 826-6639
Indeed - 12 months ago
ETA-max Energy & Environmental Solutions is a leading Jordanian energy firm that has a successful track record with a diverse and...