maurices

maurices Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun enviroment to work in!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Norton, VAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: helping customers and the discounts!
I loved my job at Maurice's! There is never a "typical" day when dealing with the public because of how unpredictable they can be but I even enjoyed dealing with the challenging customers. My previous co-workers at Maurice's were just like family to me! They were awesome to work with and always there if help or coaching was needed. The hardest part – more... of the job was definitely the slow times after the holidays because I enjoy staying busy, but that just comes with it. My overall favorite part of the job was knowing that when my customers left my store, they were totally satisfied with my customer service. – less
Amazing Job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bangor, MEFebruary 23, 2014
I fell in love with this job almost immediately. It's a super fun job with really amazing people. They are very understanding people. You get a lot of work with customers, which is awesome! Overall the job is perfect.
my achievements and what i have learned working with the jobs i did.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Geneva, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about certain trends.
Cons: sometimes the people you may work with.
i have learned that into not only finding a great job, you also have to work with great people and have a positive, energized environment as well.
some places i have worked were better than others and some that certain co-workers will not care and i feel that everyone should contribute.
i do like working with people and having wonderful customers, makes – more... a job more memorable and fun to go to. – less
great
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 20, 2014
I love Maurices! Would love it more if i lived closer!
company works great with home life and are very interested in you succeeding!
Great and amazing work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 12, 2014
I absolutely love the people I work with and the customers that come in. The company philosophy is amazing we want to leave you feeling and looking your best and if we do not live up to this like a good friend we would like to know. I couldn't ask for a better atmosphere to work in and get to have the amazing product and its for every shape and size. – more... I love the fact I get to know I helped just one person put a smile on their face can make my day. You can easily move up in the company if you work at it. – less
Fashion and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 12, 2014
There was never a dull moment, everyone worked hard and did their part! Great Experience!
Its like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Howell, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: family setting
Cons: salary is low for amount of work
I've worked for maurices for almost a year now, and I've never felt so comfortable with someone in authority. My managers are great, they're understanding, provide immediate (if possible) feedback, ask us how we feel as associates, take everyone's opinions into account, and make us feel like we aren't working.
a great place to work in the education field
Sales associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great friendly environment
Cons: no benefits
I loved working here. management and co-workers were friendly.
high paced and very energetic place
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seymour, INFebruary 11, 2014
Great place to work, fun and energetic work environment. Flexible scheduling, great benefits, bonus packages. High paced work. On your feet all day long!
Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sturgeon BayJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stress
Great work environment, bad work life balance. Excessive travel time to work.
Productive job with flexibility and advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: hours
I love my job. We all consider ourselves a team and the work environment is very friendly. Everyone works hard and we communicate so well with each other which makes working together easier whether it concerns customer resolution or anything else.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAJanuary 27, 2014
I loved the co workers I was able to work with. I learned a lot more about retail than I already did and how much I enjoy it. The management wasn't always as professional as I thought she should be, but other than that was very nice. I loved to help customers and put out inventory. I didn't like having to vacuum the entire store on some nights if I – more... closed. – less
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mason City, IAJanuary 27, 2014
Great pay and great with working around your schedule. You're always working with customers and your co-workers.
Customer Service Training At It's Finest!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 22, 2014
Maurices instills in each and every associate the true meaning of customer service. This is an amazing job for any student or entry level retail salesperson to learn the true meaning of customer service!
Great company
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Although working with the public can be difficult at times, Maurices is a company that rewards its employees for achieving goals. They have a great company!
Great 1st Job
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours
Loved working with clothes and the people. Learned a lot about sales and management.
Great Company has a lot of training programs to help in your advancement
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 9, 2014
I loved my experience at Maurices everyday I learned something new.
Assistant manager
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee), Granbury, TexasJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: didnt have to take lunch
Cons: short break
• Monitored most sale transactions.
• Greeted customers
• Responsible for all monthly accounting
• Reviewed employment applications and interviewed potential employees
• Promoted a safe working environment through monthly safety meetings
• Processed all refunds and credit applications
The worst job ever
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILDecember 28, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: working for the company
I'm not going to lie, I hated this job. The manager and assistant manager were rude and with me being the only plus size girl there I was always targeted. The hardest part of my job was actually getting there because I hated it so much. I enjoyed nothing about the job.
Fun place to work but only if you're management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Alice, TXDecember 12, 2013
Pros: the 40% discount. flexible schedule.
Cons: unprofessional store manager. rude customers. working nights and weekends.
I really have nothing too bad to say about this place. I guess the discount really compensated for the all the ickyness that went on behind closed doors. But let's see a typical work day started with clocking in, counting in your drawer, then making your game plan for the day. After that there was always something that needed to be done. From tagging – more... freight and filling in racks to cleaning the fitting rooms or the break room. Regardless there was always something to do. I learned here a lot about fashion and how to be more creative with my sense of style. I'm not really scared to try new things. Management here was awesome when I first started. The store manager and 1st assistant had a great thing going. After the store manager left things kind of went downhill after that and never really recovered. No one was really straight forward with their intentions with you and with your position with the company. I felt the store manager was only out for herself and never really cared about the people that worked under her. The hardest part about my job was the customers. Sometimes you would get some really rude ones but they were the most enjoyable part about this position too. Majority of them were really nice and fun to work with. The same can be said about my co-workers. Everyone had their days but most of the time everyone was on point with that they needed to do and got it done. I would recommend this company to future applicants for temporary means of income. Unless you are truly exceptional at your position will you not see advancement. – less

About maurices

We’re maurices, a fast-growing women’s fashion retailer offering real style for women, sizes 1-24. It’s our – Read more