maurices

maurices Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Laid back job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 9, 2014
It was a laid back environment. There weren't many customers to help so I found myself finding jobs to keep busy to make the shift pass by faster.
WORST JOB EVER
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: the pay is about it
Cons: very short breaks, disrespectful power hungry management, backstabbing co-workers and management… everything about this place is a con
-Let me start by saying that I've had MANY different jobs, and this job out of 10 or so is the worst job I've ever had. From the very beginning it was nearly impossible to even get this job, I called over and over again only to have the manager consistently blow me off by saying she'd call me back (which she didn't). A few months went by and I was still – more... desperate for a job so I called back and SURPRISE! she still hadn't hired anyone.
-I originally applied for assistant manager since I am a about to graduate college. I felt that a college education was good enough for that, especially since I had majored in fashion merchandising/management… you'd think that was relevant. Oh no, a college grad was only worth a sales associate job. From the second I actually began working there, I was the odd person out. No one in that store, neither management or coworkers, made the effort to include me.
-Also I was hired on the notion that I could work as much as I wanted and could also have my hand in many different aspects of the store. In reality I was working 15 hours a week, folding clothing and emptying the fitting rooms.
-They expect you to suffocate the customer into purchasing things they don't want, they want you to shove credit cards and take ten cards down the customers throat. Sorry but I know personally when I'm shopping I'm trying to relax not be consistently hounded by sales people.
-If being forced to suffocate the customer wasn't bad enough the backstabbing will really get you. If you actually do take the time to follow the customer around the store for an hour, you better make sure you're the one who rings them up at the cash register. Otherwise the other associates and EVEN THE MANAGERS will steal the sale right from underneath you. Since it's a "sales" based environment each sales associate has an assigned sales amount for the day and if you don't hit that number its "the end of the world". Can't imagine how a sales associate is supposed to hit that number when the coworkers and superiors are stealing sales left and right.
- I tried to express my discontent with my position and see if I could pick up some extra responsibility and basically I was told that I couldn't because I didn't have the experience. When I asked how my college education wasn't good enough experience I was told that a college education didn't matter in this company and to suck it up (this came from the assistant manager).
-In the end it got to the point where I dreaded going to work so I quit to focus on my studies. I submitted my 2 weeks notice appropriately and made sure to utter no ill will to my manager. All I got from her was an escort out of the store that very minute and a job review to my college advisor saying I was the worst employee she ever had.

I WROTE ALL THIS AS A HEADS UP TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS COMPANY, DON'T!!! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY CONSIDER TO WORK FOR. – less
I enjoyed my position as Assistant Manager
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jasper, INApril 3, 2014
I am happy for the experience I gained at Maurices. I liked working in retail.
Fun teamwork enviornment
First Assistant (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 21, 2014
This is a good company, they always look to promote from within. I got experience working as a manager, got to help my team grow and succeed.
DREAM JOB!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Walker, MIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: discount!
Cons: none!
If you want a job you LOVE going to, it's at maurices!! Customer service is a top priority and we genuinely care about everyone. YOU WILL GROW IN THIS COMPANY IF YOU PUT THE EFFORT IN! Best job I have ever had and hope to have in my entire life!
Sales Assoc
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 7, 2014
Working with my coworkers is great! Fun environment! Aggressive sales goals each day, but great atmosphere and team selling makes it far more enjoyable.
Maurices
Store Manager and Associate Manager (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IA Rochester and Austin, MNMarch 4, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: work life balance.
Day to day I would help with visual representation of the store, train employees, do day to day tasks such as looking at numbers and setting goals for the day. I would also hire, interview, network, and do other various tasks of that nature. I learned how to be a manager and I loved it. Management was reliable and I had a network to rely on. My co workers – more... were helpful and challenging to make me grow. The hardest part was being so far away from home and work spilling into my personal life. The most enjoyable part was what we were selling and make people passionate about what we do. – less
Very Engergetic Atmosphere
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Florence, ALFebruary 28, 2014
Maurices is a great place to work if you are in college or high school while you are working on your career advancement. Everyone was very nice and enjoyable to be around.
Enjoyable place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liberal, KSFebruary 28, 2014
I loved working at Maurices. It was a fun environment and everyone always had a great time. I learned a lot about myself and other people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful customers.
Fun enviroment to work in!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Norton, VAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: helping customers and the discounts!
I loved my job at Maurice's! There is never a "typical" day when dealing with the public because of how unpredictable they can be but I even enjoyed dealing with the challenging customers. My previous co-workers at Maurice's were just like family to me! They were awesome to work with and always there if help or coaching was needed. The hardest part – more... of the job was definitely the slow times after the holidays because I enjoy staying busy, but that just comes with it. My overall favorite part of the job was knowing that when my customers left my store, they were totally satisfied with my customer service. – less
Amazing Job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bangor, MEFebruary 23, 2014
I fell in love with this job almost immediately. It's a super fun job with really amazing people. They are very understanding people. You get a lot of work with customers, which is awesome! Overall the job is perfect.
my achievements and what i have learned working with the jobs i did.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Geneva, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about certain trends.
Cons: sometimes the people you may work with.
i have learned that into not only finding a great job, you also have to work with great people and have a positive, energized environment as well.
some places i have worked were better than others and some that certain co-workers will not care and i feel that everyone should contribute.
i do like working with people and having wonderful customers, makes – more... a job more memorable and fun to go to. – less
great
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 20, 2014
I love Maurices! Would love it more if i lived closer!
company works great with home life and are very interested in you succeeding!
Great and amazing work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 12, 2014
I absolutely love the people I work with and the customers that come in. The company philosophy is amazing we want to leave you feeling and looking your best and if we do not live up to this like a good friend we would like to know. I couldn't ask for a better atmosphere to work in and get to have the amazing product and its for every shape and size. – more... I love the fact I get to know I helped just one person put a smile on their face can make my day. You can easily move up in the company if you work at it. – less
Fashion and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 12, 2014
There was never a dull moment, everyone worked hard and did their part! Great Experience!
Its like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Howell, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: family setting
Cons: salary is low for amount of work
I've worked for maurices for almost a year now, and I've never felt so comfortable with someone in authority. My managers are great, they're understanding, provide immediate (if possible) feedback, ask us how we feel as associates, take everyone's opinions into account, and make us feel like we aren't working.
a great place to work in the education field
Sales associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great friendly environment
Cons: no benefits
I loved working here. management and co-workers were friendly.
high paced and very energetic place
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seymour, INFebruary 11, 2014
Great place to work, fun and energetic work environment. Flexible scheduling, great benefits, bonus packages. High paced work. On your feet all day long!
Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sturgeon BayJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stress
Great work environment, bad work life balance. Excessive travel time to work.
Productive job with flexibility and advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: hours
I love my job. We all consider ourselves a team and the work environment is very friendly. Everyone works hard and we communicate so well with each other which makes working together easier whether it concerns customer resolution or anything else.

1 2 3 4 5

About maurices

We’re maurices, a fast-growing women’s fashion retailer offering real style for women, sizes 1-24. It’s our – Read more