Maurices Employee Reviews

Loved this place`
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON3 October 2017
I really enjoyed working here , it was a fun environment to work in and the management really cares about the employees. I love how we got to try on clothes every shift and post them on the company social media if you wanted to. I highly recommend this place
Enjoyed Every Minute
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS27 September 2017
Maurices is truly an amazing place to work, the management team is incredible! You truly are appreciated at maurices. You become part of a family when you get hired on with Maurices.
productive, fun, educational
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS25 September 2017
I've learned how to use a cash register, open a store, communicate with customers and do stock. I learnt about different colours, pant styles, neck lines, names for prints and styles of shirts. I loved all members of the management team. my favourite part of the job was getting to know and interacting with new customers every day.
Pros
discount
The worst and best company i have worked for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK14 September 2017
In the almost 3 years i have worked for Maurices i advanced alot in my role. Starting out as a PT assistant and working my way up to a Store Leader. The culture was fantastic. When i first started here the company really took care of their employees to help them reach their full potential. The demand to make the numbers was high but not unreasonable. However when i took on the Store Leader position it started out great but went downhill fast. The company sees you not making every single one of your quotas( we will delve into that later) a failure. You get told you are failing regularly which does nothing for your self esteem and if you have any pride in your work ethic it will be destroyed. Maurices is all about the target customer(LIV) and creating a boutique experience for her which is amazing dont get me wrong. However the demand on the employees is exhausting and mentally draining. The store was expected to make specific average dollar sale, units per transaction, and conversion rates on top of sales plan. And if you missed just one you would hear about it. Lets not even get into the fact of driving loyalty cards, surveys, showing her how to shop the online website(which they dont even have a canadian one yet) ordering and shipping things to her from other stores, the standard operating procedures you have to follow to the letter,SELebrationss, the SEL roll, headset communication(you will get in trouble for not using these enough trust me) the amount of paperwork and planning for store meetings, monthly visual changes, scheduling, one on ones with your employees, reviews  more... and plenty of other paperwork you are expected to complete in a 2-3 hour office day. Networking and recruiting, as well as training your employees, coaching them as needed, ensuring your employees and yourself are greeting, following up, building outfits, setting up and adding to fitting rooms to drive her to buy outfits, talking up your loyalty program, as well as talking up the survey to her before she leaves. This job is not only physically but mentally draining and it got to the point where the job caused me to go home and cry after work because i was threatened to be fired over things i couldnt control as well as being told i wasnt good enough on a daily basis. I was a committed employee up until i quit . i worked there almost three years and put my all into it because i cared about my job but the toll it took on my mental health wasnt worth it. NEVER AGAIN!!  less
Pros
My team was like family, decent pay, great discount
Cons
Mentally draining, stressful, unreasonable expectations
Maurices is a wonderful place to work for! I would absolutely recommend to anyone who enjoys fashion and interacting in a pleasant way with customers.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 July 2017
Maurices has a very high standard for their employees. We are treated really well as associates, with lots of professional development and opportunities for advancements. The work culture is amazing, and the goal is to work as a team and to enjoy your work day. The focus on customer service is amazing, without having any pushy sales at all. Absolutely would recommend!
Boring workplace
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 May 2017
The people at my location just spoke poorly behind everyone's backs. When the new manager came to the store she was the most unprofessional manager I have ever met. She didn't like me and for some odd reason had to make it known that she did not want me there. Every shift was dreadful with certain employees. You have to harass customers the second they come through the door or else you'll get "spoken to". When they're teaching you how to use the cash register you're doing it by yourself with little to no help. So you watch videos and hope that you're doing it right. Overall, it's very poorly run and a very sad environment to work in.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
The clothes are poorly made, You have to harass customers the second they step inside the store, Poor management, Overall just sad
fun place to work
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK30 April 2017
great people to work with, great company to work with, you make good connections with employees and customers, learn a lot of great skills. Lots of fun
Pros
making friends
Cons
Work where you love to shop
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2017
Working at Maurices has been an amazing experience, i developed my leadership skills, built a great bond with customers and co workers, they truly care about their employees which is very nice and hard to find these days.
Fantastic team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB14 December 2016
Management did everything possible to help out associates for social life. Great work environment. Cliental is also a great highlight. Room for growing, have management training ( can earn masters in retail ), lots of team incentives.
Pros
Incentives, great environment, room for promotions
Cons
Must be 18 to apply
Amazing company
Store Manager/Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 December 2016
A company that truly cares for its employees. Always looking for fashion focused individuals who are customer service orientated.
Ever changing retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Visual Merchandising to keep zones looking fresh
Administration
Interpreting business data to set daily goals
Receiving shipment and processing in timely fashion
Recruitment/Training
Banking
I learned a lot about a field I had not previously worked in. How best to understand staff and their needs and manage that successfully.
Interpreting Floor changes sometimes to architecture of store.
Helping someone develop a sense of confidence and style that didn't have it previously.
Pros
Good work/life balance culture
Cons
There really weren't any.
Great company horrible management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON29 August 2016
Worked for the company for almost a year! Company was great and there were a lot of perks to working for the company! Management was horrible or I and most of the staff would've stayed on indefinitely!
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Bad boss
Maurices
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2016
An excellent, fast-paced work environment with a lot of room to grow career-wise. Friendly staff and management. I loved working here
good hours, set schedules, productive work enviroment
Order Picker/Packer (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC18 January 2016
Great work environment, okay management.
Usually fast paced, easy routine, respectful employees.
Some times not recognized the hard work you do for the company.
Pros
staff appreciation lunches
Cons
horrible pay
Fast Paced and Innovative Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 September 2015
Maurices is a fast pace and growth oriented company with an amazing dedication to customer service. The most enjoyable part of my role at Maurices is training staff, interacting with customers and assisting in employee's growth and career succession planning through delivering feedback and giving guidance.
Fun and Motivating
1st Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON25 August 2015
Lots of motivation to exceed within the company, great staff members. Best part was making the customer feel great about herself.
Pros
Fun and lots of growth potential
Cons
retail hours
Amazing
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  sarnia ON18 August 2015
Finally a job where you are appreciated for working hard, can have fun, and have an opportunity to advance in a career with support.
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 July 2015
receive product and merchandise it to the floor, make sure store is tidy. learned retail business experience. Out of store management could have been a little more hands on with visits. Everyone that I worked with was amazing. The hardest part of this job was leaving all my work family. Everyday I learned a little more about the retail industry, and about merchandizing...a lot of product as well.gret
Pros
great discount and constant rewards
Shipper
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2015
Great work environment.
Early mornings and breaks are spread out evenly through the day.
Excellent management, trained well
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA16 December 2014
For the most part I did enjoy my time are Maurice's. However the head office employees in Ontario have no idea what they are doing or how to treat their staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such an amazing time! The hardest part of my job was dealing with the many egos from upper management.
Pros
Great managers training
Cons
upper managements egos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.