maurices

maurices Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Phenomenal Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 40% associate discount, communication, celebrating the small wins as well as the big wins
Cons: scheduling, pay
I loved working for this company. Customer service was our main focus, and they loved sending us things to encourage us to go above and beyond to satisfy our customers.
Productive and fun working environment
Co- Manager (Former Employee), Craig, COJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 40 percent off employee discount
Cons: working holidays
Customer service. Management of store was great. I had lots of different co-workers through the time I worked there. I got to meet a lot of different people which made the work environment really fun. The hardest part of the job was working holidays.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 25, 2014
Very laid back atmosphere. A lot of fun to work there. Always meeting new people.
fun and enjoyable place to work
Sales Support (Current Employee), BrentwoodJune 23, 2014
I love working here we work as a team and look out for each other and everyone gets there work done
Customer Service is Key
Store Manager (Current Employee), Alamosa, COJune 13, 2014
Pros: customers, my supervisor, decision making
Cons: not being challenged to my full potential
Maurices is a customer service based environment which involves servicing customers, common human resource responsibilities, interviewing, coaching, communication, and future planning.
Fun, Lively, Entertaining
Sales Associate/ Stock (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJune 8, 2014
Pros: awesome employees, great company.
Cons: nothing
A typical day at work is something that I look forward to. The managers are there to help you learn and grow instead of putting you down. I know that everyday that I go into work, I will meet some of the best people and have some of the best conversations. My co-workers are the best people that I know. We all feed off of each other and learn from each – more... others accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with such great customers. – less
Great company with glitches
Store Manager (Former Employee), Danville, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no work/life balance
I absolutely loved my job but I felt like I should have set up a cot and lived there.
My Day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grinnell, IowaMay 22, 2014
We greet and help customers with daily fashion, do shipments and special orders. The management is really great! We all get along and help each other out!
Small Town Specialty Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warren, PAMay 20, 2014
Customer satisfaction is our goal! Each and everyone of the team members makes that the primary goal of the day. Mainly this career is about customer service, the customer is always right. We do everything we can to cater to their needs and try to make their shopping experience an enjoyable one that just might make their day! We check clothing in, stock – more... the floor, work with clearance items, marketing, and always try to get the customer the best deal. We offer a Maurices card to help them get the lowest prices we offer! Towards the end of the night, we tidy up and get our drawer figured and sent to the bank. – less
Not good.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMay 13, 2014
Overall, I loved the position I was in and the responsibilities that I got to be in charge of and handle. However, I found it very difficult to love coming to work everyday when the Store Manager was constantly discriminating me. Telling me I need to suck in my belly because it's not appealing. Or that my clothes never fit me? (Keep in mind, I'm a full – more... time college student, nearly working full time here.) I was told that no one would want to buy anything from me due to how my clothes fit. But it didn't stop there, if I needed advice on being in the Assistant Manager position (as I have never been in that position before) she would say what do you want me to do about it, or she would never have my back. After trying every avenue to work things out with her and other associates. I just quit and moved on. No one should be made to feel that they are too 'big' or 'fat' to work at a company. – less
Great learning and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hays, KsApril 30, 2014
Pros: great discount and have great social skills
Maurices is a great company to work for. It not only is fun and keeps you up to date with the latest trends but also has a great leadership/ managment program that set you up for great success in other future jobs.
Laid back job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 9, 2014
It was a laid back environment. There weren't many customers to help so I found myself finding jobs to keep busy to make the shift pass by faster.
WORST JOB EVER
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: the pay is about it
Cons: very short breaks, disrespectful power hungry management, backstabbing co-workers and management… everything about this place is a con
-Let me start by saying that I've had MANY different jobs, and this job out of 10 or so is the worst job I've ever had. From the very beginning it was nearly impossible to even get this job, I called over and over again only to have the manager consistently blow me off by saying she'd call me back (which she didn't). A few months went by and I was still – more... desperate for a job so I called back and SURPRISE! she still hadn't hired anyone.
-I originally applied for assistant manager since I am a about to graduate college. I felt that a college education was good enough for that, especially since I had majored in fashion merchandising/management… you'd think that was relevant. Oh no, a college grad was only worth a sales associate job. From the second I actually began working there, I was the odd person out. No one in that store, neither management or coworkers, made the effort to include me.
-Also I was hired on the notion that I could work as much as I wanted and could also have my hand in many different aspects of the store. In reality I was working 15 hours a week, folding clothing and emptying the fitting rooms.
-They expect you to suffocate the customer into purchasing things they don't want, they want you to shove credit cards and take ten cards down the customers throat. Sorry but I know personally when I'm shopping I'm trying to relax not be consistently hounded by sales people.
-If being forced to suffocate the customer wasn't bad enough the backstabbing will really get you. If you actually do take the time to follow the customer around the store for an hour, you better make sure you're the one who rings them up at the cash register. Otherwise the other associates and EVEN THE MANAGERS will steal the sale right from underneath you. Since it's a "sales" based environment each sales associate has an assigned sales amount for the day and if you don't hit that number its "the end of the world". Can't imagine how a sales associate is supposed to hit that number when the coworkers and superiors are stealing sales left and right.
- I tried to express my discontent with my position and see if I could pick up some extra responsibility and basically I was told that I couldn't because I didn't have the experience. When I asked how my college education wasn't good enough experience I was told that a college education didn't matter in this company and to suck it up (this came from the assistant manager).
-In the end it got to the point where I dreaded going to work so I quit to focus on my studies. I submitted my 2 weeks notice appropriately and made sure to utter no ill will to my manager. All I got from her was an escort out of the store that very minute and a job review to my college advisor saying I was the worst employee she ever had.

I WROTE ALL THIS AS A HEADS UP TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS COMPANY, DON'T!!! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY CONSIDER TO WORK FOR. – less
I enjoyed my position as Assistant Manager
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jasper, INApril 3, 2014
I am happy for the experience I gained at Maurices. I liked working in retail.
Fun teamwork enviornment
First Assistant (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 21, 2014
This is a good company, they always look to promote from within. I got experience working as a manager, got to help my team grow and succeed.
DREAM JOB!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Walker, MIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: discount!
Cons: none!
If you want a job you LOVE going to, it's at maurices!! Customer service is a top priority and we genuinely care about everyone. YOU WILL GROW IN THIS COMPANY IF YOU PUT THE EFFORT IN! Best job I have ever had and hope to have in my entire life!
Sales Assoc
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 7, 2014
Working with my coworkers is great! Fun environment! Aggressive sales goals each day, but great atmosphere and team selling makes it far more enjoyable.
Maurices
Store Manager and Associate Manager (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IA Rochester and Austin, MNMarch 4, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: work life balance.
Day to day I would help with visual representation of the store, train employees, do day to day tasks such as looking at numbers and setting goals for the day. I would also hire, interview, network, and do other various tasks of that nature. I learned how to be a manager and I loved it. Management was reliable and I had a network to rely on. My co workers – more... were helpful and challenging to make me grow. The hardest part was being so far away from home and work spilling into my personal life. The most enjoyable part was what we were selling and make people passionate about what we do. – less
Very Engergetic Atmosphere
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Florence, ALFebruary 28, 2014
Maurices is a great place to work if you are in college or high school while you are working on your career advancement. Everyone was very nice and enjoyable to be around.
Enjoyable place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liberal, KSFebruary 28, 2014
I loved working at Maurices. It was a fun environment and everyone always had a great time. I learned a lot about myself and other people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About maurices

We’re maurices, a fast-growing women’s fashion retailer offering real style for women, sizes 1-24. It’s our – Read more