Mattress World Employee Reviews

Mattress World
Director of Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA17 March 2016
Great family business that stood out in the Pittsburgh community. Helped employees and customers. Did whatever needed to be done to make the people happy.
horribly runned comapnay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN8 June 2015
The only thing I enjoyed about working there was helping the customers choose a right bed for themselves. The management was very poorly run. She would try and get everyone fired and to bring in her friends to work for her. she had no respect for the employees.
Pros
helping the customers
Cons
management
Under paid babysitter
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL11 January 2015
Worst company to work for. No support from management. Unable to get product when needed for customers. Worst customer service I have ever seen.
Sales Managers at Mattress World run each store as if it was their own company.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MI30 July 2013
Mattress World is a great company for accomplished salesmen/sales woman.
Fun work enviroment with uplifting people around
Sales (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, Oregon22 July 2013
A Typical day at work consisted of waiting around (50% of the time) for customers to come into the store to shop. What I learned is patience is key and when a customer does come into the store to take full advantage of every opportunity. My co-workers and I worked as a team that consisted of helping eachother with everything from computers, sales, or even a "food run". The hardest part of my job was the long hours and working in the store alone most times.
poor bussiness people
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 February 2013
I was never paid the right commission, the boss is new to the company and has no idea what she is doing. She doesn't even know how to write up a ticket for a sale. She extremely micromanages and doesn't focus on real problems. She has no care for her employees, no matter the circumstance. On the first day of training someone, she fired another employee with his presents and had me, leave my own store. She set up a complaining customer in order to fire my coworker and threatened my job. Knowing my car was in the shop, with no legitimate reason, relocated stores in which i worked. When I tried to talk to the new boss about why she relocated me so far from my home, ( with four hours of travel time for my carpool), she just said i needed more training, even though we work alone in the stores. With an eleven hour work day, the new boss told me i couldn't leave the warehouse to go get lunch, even though she was there to cover the store for me. Do not work for this company because they continuously show they do not care about the people that work for them. I quit after the new boss moved me stores because I could not work so far from home. Because of the new boss she had the warehouse manager quit on her, and several others long employed workers quit on her due to her lack of care.
Pros
when not busy, you get paid to sit around
Cons
the boss and company are very unensuring and dont pay people right
A friendly, fun work place, but unstable company.
sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR14 August 2012
Mattress World was a small, localy owned retail chain. The work was fast paced and energetic, but thanks to the family environment, a lot of fun to work there. The job was very self motivating, and taught proactive thinking to promote business and build customer relationships. All of the management staff were promoted from the sales staff, so they understood the job from all levels and were fair and realistic in thier expectations.
The compnay faced serious financial difficulties, and this caused a loss of benefits, as well as missed payrolls on more than a few occasions. Eventualy, in Dec. 2011, this put Mattress World Inc. Out of business.
Pros
friendly, motivating work environment. high energy enthusiastic managment.
Cons
financialy unsecure, unreliable payroll and benefits.
Great work place for self monitoring and gaining new customers.
Sign Walker (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OR20 July 2012
Only thing i got to say about this job is the only hard part was on hot days with no shade. Had to keep well hydrated so no accidents happened while working in the sun. Co-workers were nice, and made the job of attracting new customers more enjoyable.
Pros
get to listen to music while i work alone
Cons
direct beatting sunlight during the hot summer months.
Mattress world
Delievery and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Claskamas,Or28 March 2012
Mattress world was my first job ever and i enjoy all my co workers . I learn alot from them from day one till the last day .

2.9