Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

Positive workplace during slow season
Labourer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON2 August 2017
During the slow season, it is a fun and happy place but becomes cut throat during peak season. They also reward family over hard work when it comes to furthering your career.
Love the people who worked there
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 July 2017
Learning about the construction business with Mattamy was more than an experience, but life learning. The managers took the time for us to get to know the process, deal with different departments and learn about the entire experience for employees and for homeowners. This company went above and beyond on all levels.
Pros
We had fun in the office
Wish it were possible to award a negative star rating
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
If you're not "one of the boys" be prepared to be thrown under the bus and fired for someone else's mistake. I have lost track of how many people I have seen this happen to. Most of the management are buddies who regularly go drinking and camp together and they will band together if you try to point out the obvious discrepancies in the "culture" of the company. If you are not in with the crowd be prepared to do a large majority of the work while others take credit for your successes and blame you for their failures.
Pros
Seriously none
Cons
Long hours, busy, no appreciation, drama and lies
Amazing
Junior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 May 2017
Great workplace, great people and a great environment. Could not have asked for a more encouraging and rewarding experience during my short tenure at Mattamy.
They decide if you fit in.....Mattamy Culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
I was immediately judged with respect to my age. This is a very young group of people that most would consider the "cool kids". People in this company act like they are better than everyone else. Strong sense of entitlement with all staff. Very competitive.
Great company with room for growth
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Mattamy and it saddens me that I have to leave! The staff truly are like family and the working environment is exceptional. They always help you grow in your role and get to where you want to be.
labourer work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  airdrie12 February 2017
checking foundations for inspectors weeping tile placement pouring concrete crack repair and concrete cutting organizing cement trucks exposing services
Pros
good wage great hours
Cons
drama
average
Permits & Safety Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
It was ok, I didn't get to learn much. I don't have too many constructive things to say about Mattamy Homes management. I would prefer not to say anything.
Great place to work.
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 January 2017
Great place to work, very friendly staff. Enjoyed going to work every day. weekends and all holidays off. Free lunch provided to employees every day. great benefits and salary. lots of holidays. I enjoyed working there,
Such a joke of a place to work.
Backhoe Operator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 November 2016
the company itself is good. the supervisors ruin it all. they set you up to fail no matter what. you can never get a answer for an urgent problem from them. you do as they say and its never good enough. they end any employee moral. they say they "know the job" meanwhile they sit in their office all day or drive around and do nothing all day.. and clearly forgot what its like on the front lines. no "builder" cares about anything or anyone but themselves or the garbage houses they close. no one takes pride in their work, mainly the upper management. they want to keep people who lack intelligence for the position.

theres bullc**p to everyjob, just too much for nothing at this place.
Pros
work all year round. benifits are ok. but theres better out there.
Cons
people in power that shoulnt be.
Good place to work and was always fast paced
Warranty tech (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 October 2016
The job was good and was always learning lots cause nothing was ever the same. Each home owner was different as was ever house and situation u had to deal with.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay
Cons
The management treated u like a number not a person
Learning on a daily basis with new challanges daily.
Construction Coop Student (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON16 May 2016
Allowed for a better understanding of construction process for production home developments. Being a Coop Student allowed for an excellent opportunity to enter a large development company and understand their operating procedures.
Pros
Presenting newhome to the owners.
Cons
Long Hours
Great people to work with.
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 March 2016
The company was filled with team players very flexible with their employees. there was a high volume of inquires via phone and emails. The hardest part of the job is under standing the diverse language.
Pros
Free lunch, helpfull in assisting employees
Cons
long hours, distance is far
I co oped here for a school term
Electrical Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2015
They were nice to me, but at the time i was only a high school student. I enjoyed my time with them.

the laborers seemed happy with their jobs so it made it easier for me to learn.
Was a great place at one point in time
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2015
This was a great company at one point. You felt you made a difference and your team was like family. The company was quick to reward loyalty and build its employees with new skills. It created loyalty. It was the kind of loyalty that drove you to give your all and produce as much value as you could.
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistant (warranty) Temporary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Working at Mattamy homes was quite an experience. It was a fun place to work. I learnt a great deal of patience and tolerance working there. It was a very demanding job but fulfilling at the same time. It was also very fast paced.
My coworkers were very funny and nice.
My only concern working at the trailers was that it was always dusty and dirty due to it being a job site. Being an extreme neat freak, i could not stay for long. I had to find something more suitable for me. No regrets working there.
Pros
Fun and professional coworkers
Cons
Dusty envroment
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON26 April 2015
 Preparing contracts for clients
 Managing client upgrades and Architect Choice Options
 Creating amendments to contracts
 Assisting clients with floor plan explanation
 Ability to field all questions regarding the home buying process
 Providing clients with the necessary information needed about their new home
 Preparing “Take Home” packages for clients
 Key Holder
No communication or help
Safety Rep/ Handyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 March 2015
poorly run company with people that dont know how to treat others and big lack of communication, there just out to make a buck and do not care about there staff with a turnover rate of 78% last year it is quite obvious.
Pros
very good and honest site super
Cons
poor communication
Enjoyable position as stepping stone towards interior decorating.
Design Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2015
Organize samples in the showroom, host tours and assist home owners in selecting finishes for their homes.

Enjoyable dealing with the public and great learning experience for a new graduate in interior decorating or design. Also good part time job,
Pros
Beautiful environment, Nice assisting the homeowners.
Cons
No advancement, weekend hours and open house is not organized, and chaotic.
great learning enviorment
labourer / health and safety rep (Current Employee) –  ontario16 February 2015
I have leaned and grown very much because of my time at mattamy homes. I am grateful for all my learning experiences that they've provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattamy Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9