Mattamy Homes Employee Review

View all Mattamy Homes reviews

Productive and hands on sales office, providing customer service and sales skills.
Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2012
A typical day at Mattamy Homes includes serving clients with information on available homes. My day begins with checking emails, voice mails and booking appointments. My day progresses to contacting purchasers to keep in touch during the new home experience. I also take time to manage the office in regards to inventory, ordering supplies, staff scheduling and preparing reports for senior management.
Mattamy Homes provides a very friendly and support environment for all its employees. The supervisors and management team are supportive and understanding, they also teach and help build career oriented skills. As a full time employee I am able to work with junior staff in providing training and support, we work well as a team and independently to handle tasks at hand.
Being an administrative assistant at Mattamy Homes has many enjoyable moments such as a smile on a purchasers face once they sign the paper work of their new home. I also enjoy the interaction with our purchasers and potential clients. The hardest part of my job would be seeing disappointed new home owners; sometimes the experience is over whelming, sometimes finance, there are a variety of issues that can make a purchaser upset. However all of this is always, if not often, changed into positive moments.

My job as an administrative assistant provides me with experience to work effectively and efficiently. It allows me to learn every day and to be a strong asset to a growing company.
Pros
free lunches, flexible lunch hours
Cons
job security

Other Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

Ok
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
It is a well put together company , things run smoothly for the most part. But job security was non existent unless ticketed journeyman. A lot of the employees hid their stupidity very well
Pros
Good wages, good hours
Cons
No security, inexperienced workers
High Intensity very fast paced environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON14 January 2018
Requires extensive knowledge of the building process for residential homes from excavation to final occupancy inspection.

very fast paced environment that demands fine tuned organization, planning and the ability to change direction at any moment.

Its not just one house you're building, it could be 40-50 at the same time. All at different stages of construction which means you must be able to communicate to a large variety of trades every single day and also be able to schedule the trades to follow.
Pros
benefits, wage, job security, community of employees
Cons
long hours, cold weather, very stressful and demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattamy Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9