Mattamy Homes

Mattamy Homes Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Limited opportunity for advancvement
Accountant, Central Accounting (Former Employee), OakvilleOctober 31, 2014
Limited opportunity for advancement. Lots of politics. Good work/life balance.
Very much an all for me" environment
Shared Services Employee (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor management
Departments and individuals work in 'silos' - they will push back work if they are missing even one tiny bit of information (instead of getting the information). Since this is the way they 'do' things, easy fixes take weeks and weeks to correct. No one cares if employees or customers suffer because of this. This is the only place I have ever worked – more... where, when I asked a question of my manager I was told "that's not my job" - from my MANAGER! Absurd! – less
fast paced,teamwork, customer service orientated
Construction Project Supervisor (Current Employee), G.T.AFebruary 20, 2014
fast pace work environment while having the ability to work in large teams with all the same outcome
Best company to work for
N/A (Former Employee), OakvilleMarch 27, 2013
Pros: team atmosphere, supportive, promote training.
Cons: pay not the greatest
I am a former employee of Mattamy where I worked at Corporate Head Office for 5 years; it was absolutely and unequivocaly the best company I have worked for. The friendships I have made still remain and the support I received from my bosses, I have not been able to find anywhere else previous and post Mattamy. I've worked with people on the site as – more... well as Head Office and they were all fantastic with positive attitudes. When I first began my employemnt, I worked late in order learn about Homebuilding but, after a few months I never had to stay late again. We were provided a great deal of training with regards to Customer Service and Homebuilding. My only regret is that I left this wonderful company to work for another Homebuilder, who in absolutely no way compares to the positive environment of Mattamy; they are THE star among Homebuilders. – less
20% actual work 80% trying to please upset home owners,managers are disconected
Waranty service tech (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: close to home for me
Cons: entire work force needs to be trained on how to deal with unsatisfied home owners
had to bite my tongue so as to not say what was to be understood and explained to home owner before the worker shows up. many owners have the sense of you will do as i say and not as you where told to do by management, let the confusion begin. they make you believe they got your back but the knife got their first. no training allowed no support to the – more... workers just bend over. the best part of the job was leaving the area with my head up – less
wonderful opportunity to work at a corporate head office and on site
CUSTOMER SERVICE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: fantastic team environment
Cons: long hours
My time with Mattamy Homes was great. I started at the corporate Head office and had the best experience. I learned a great deal about the business during the 2.5 years there.
I also worked on a construction site which has equally wonderful. I receive first hand knowledge about the industry that I would never get anywhere else.
Unfortunately the company – more... had decided to re- structure and I received a package from them. – less
Productive and hands on sales office, providing customer service and sales skills.
Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches, flexible lunch hours
Cons: job security
A typical day at Mattamy Homes includes serving clients with information on available homes. My day begins with checking emails, voice mails and booking appointments. My day progresses to contacting purchasers to keep in touch during the new home experience. I also take time to manage the office in regards to inventory, ordering supplies, staff scheduling – more... and preparing reports for senior management.
Mattamy Homes provides a very friendly and support environment for all its employees. The supervisors and management team are supportive and understanding, they also teach and help build career oriented skills. As a full time employee I am able to work with junior staff in providing training and support, we work well as a team and independently to handle tasks at hand.
Being an administrative assistant at Mattamy Homes has many enjoyable moments such as a smile on a purchasers face once they sign the paper work of their new home. I also enjoy the interaction with our purchasers and potential clients. The hardest part of my job would be seeing disappointed new home owners; sometimes the experience is over whelming, sometimes finance, there are a variety of issues that can make a purchaser upset. However all of this is always, if not often, changed into positive moments.

My job as an administrative assistant provides me with experience to work effectively and efficiently. It allows me to learn every day and to be a strong asset to a growing company. – less
Productive and fun workplace with great Management
Framer/ Assembler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: great structure, great management
Cons: heavy demand
While employed with Mattamy Homes I Learned a great deal about leadership while also working as a team member to complete daily tasks safely and efficiently. Mattamy Homes strives to employ hard working individuals with good values. While the demand was sometimes overwhelming, it was much easier to cope with the help of having good fellow employees.
Confusing With poor quality of homes. I would work for them if I was in a position to make a difference
Construction Site Superintendent (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 10, 2012
Pros: lots of education
Cons: poor quality products and unskilled employees
The owner is a good person and tries to create a good work environment. But he has mangers like who hire friends who are not qualified and make a mess of every site . Their houses are of poor quality and do not have the staying power of other builders.