Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

Such a joke of a place to work.
Backhoe Operator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 November 2016
the company itself is good. the supervisors ruin it all. they set you up to fail no matter what. you can never get a answer for an urgent problem from them. you do as they say and its never good enough. they end any employee moral. they say they "know the job" meanwhile they sit in their office all day or drive around and do nothing all day.. and clearly forgot what its like on the front lines. no "builder" cares about anything or anyone but themselves or the garbage houses they close. no one takes pride in their work, mainly the upper management. they want to keep people who lack intelligence for the position.

theres bullc**p to everyjob, just too much for nothing at this place.
Pros
work all year round. benifits are ok. but theres better out there.
Cons
people in power that shoulnt be.
Good place to work and was always fast paced
Warranty tech (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 October 2016
The job was good and was always learning lots cause nothing was ever the same. Each home owner was different as was ever house and situation u had to deal with.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay
Cons
The management treated u like a number not a person
Learning on a daily basis with new challanges daily.
Construction Coop Student (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON16 May 2016
Allowed for a better understanding of construction process for production home developments. Being a Coop Student allowed for an excellent opportunity to enter a large development company and understand their operating procedures.
Pros
Presenting newhome to the owners.
Cons
Long Hours
Great people to work with.
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 March 2016
The company was filled with team players very flexible with their employees. there was a high volume of inquires via phone and emails. The hardest part of the job is under standing the diverse language.
Pros
Free lunch, helpfull in assisting employees
Cons
long hours, distance is far
I co oped here for a school term
Electrical Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2015
They were nice to me, but at the time i was only a high school student. I enjoyed my time with them.

the laborers seemed happy with their jobs so it made it easier for me to learn.
Was a great place at one point in time
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2015
This was a great company at one point. You felt you made a difference and your team was like family. The company was quick to reward loyalty and build its employees with new skills. It created loyalty. It was the kind of loyalty that drove you to give your all and produce as much value as you could.
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistant (warranty) Temporary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Working at Mattamy homes was quite an experience. It was a fun place to work. I learnt a great deal of patience and tolerance working there. It was a very demanding job but fulfilling at the same time. It was also very fast paced.
My coworkers were very funny and nice.
My only concern working at the trailers was that it was always dusty and dirty due to it being a job site. Being an extreme neat freak, i could not stay for long. I had to find something more suitable for me. No regrets working there.
Pros
Fun and professional coworkers
Cons
Dusty envroment
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON26 April 2015
 Preparing contracts for clients
 Managing client upgrades and Architect Choice Options
 Creating amendments to contracts
 Assisting clients with floor plan explanation
 Ability to field all questions regarding the home buying process
 Providing clients with the necessary information needed about their new home
 Preparing “Take Home” packages for clients
 Key Holder
No communication or help
Safety Rep/ Handyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 March 2015
poorly run company with people that dont know how to treat others and big lack of communication, there just out to make a buck and do not care about there staff with a turnover rate of 78% last year it is quite obvious.
Pros
very good and honest site super
Cons
poor communication
Enjoyable position as stepping stone towards interior decorating.
Design Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2015
Organize samples in the showroom, host tours and assist home owners in selecting finishes for their homes.

Enjoyable dealing with the public and great learning experience for a new graduate in interior decorating or design. Also good part time job,
Pros
Beautiful environment, Nice assisting the homeowners.
Cons
No advancement, weekend hours and open house is not organized, and chaotic.
great learning enviorment
labourer / health and safety rep (Current Employee) –  ontario16 February 2015
I have leaned and grown very much because of my time at mattamy homes. I am grateful for all my learning experiences that they've provided.
Limited opportunity for advancvement
Accountant, Central Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oakville31 October 2014
Limited opportunity for advancement. Lots of politics. Good work/life balance.
Very much an all for me" environment
Shared Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 September 2014
Departments and individuals work in 'silos' - they will push back work if they are missing even one tiny bit of information (instead of getting the information). Since this is the way they 'do' things, easy fixes take weeks and weeks to correct. No one cares if employees or customers suffer because of this. This is the only place I have ever worked where, when I asked a question of my manager I was told "that's not my job" - from my MANAGER! Absurd!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
fast paced,teamwork, customer service orientated
Construction Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  G.T.A20 February 2014
fast pace work environment while having the ability to work in large teams with all the same outcome
Totally awsome place to work!!
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Milton18 February 2014
I left due to a closer job and slightly higher paying, leaving was like leaving family behind, awesome people, first place I worked at that I enjoyed, fast moving, really never the same work, I would return in a hart beat if it was closer to me, A1 rating in my books don't have a bad thing to say about management or guys I worked with, was a real team effort by all!! went to the blow farms and was biggest mistake of my life!!
Pros
The job was awsome!!
Cons
Distance drive time, job security
Best company to work for
N/A (Former Employee) –  Oakville27 March 2013
I am a former employee of Mattamy where I worked at Corporate Head Office for 5 years; it was absolutely and unequivocaly the best company I have worked for. The friendships I have made still remain and the support I received from my bosses, I have not been able to find anywhere else previous and post Mattamy. I've worked with people on the site as well as Head Office and they were all fantastic with positive attitudes. When I first began my employemnt, I worked late in order learn about Homebuilding but, after a few months I never had to stay late again. We were provided a great deal of training with regards to Customer Service and Homebuilding. My only regret is that I left this wonderful company to work for another Homebuilder, who in absolutely no way compares to the positive environment of Mattamy; they are THE star among Homebuilders.
Pros
team atmosphere, supportive, promote training.
Cons
pay not the greatest
20% actual work 80% trying to please upset home owners,managers are disconected
Waranty service tech (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON24 January 2013
had to bite my tongue so as to not say what was to be understood and explained to home owner before the worker shows up. many owners have the sense of you will do as i say and not as you where told to do by management, let the confusion begin. they make you believe they got your back but the knife got their first. no training allowed no support to the workers just bend over. the best part of the job was leaving the area with my head up
Pros
close to home for me
Cons
entire work force needs to be trained on how to deal with unsatisfied home owners
wonderful opportunity to work at a corporate head office and on site
CUSTOMER SERVICE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 January 2013
My time with Mattamy Homes was great. I started at the corporate Head office and had the best experience. I learned a great deal about the business during the 2.5 years there.
I also worked on a construction site which has equally wonderful. I receive first hand knowledge about the industry that I would never get anywhere else.
Unfortunately the company had decided to re- structure and I received a package from them.
Pros
fantastic team environment
Cons
Productive and hands on sales office, providing customer service and sales skills.
Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2012
A typical day at Mattamy Homes includes serving clients with information on available homes. My day begins with checking emails, voice mails and booking appointments. My day progresses to contacting purchasers to keep in touch during the new home experience. I also take time to manage the office in regards to inventory, ordering supplies, staff scheduling and preparing reports for senior management.
Mattamy Homes provides a very friendly and support environment for all its employees. The supervisors and management team are supportive and understanding, they also teach and help build career oriented skills. As a full time employee I am able to work with junior staff in providing training and support, we work well as a team and independently to handle tasks at hand.
Being an administrative assistant at Mattamy Homes has many enjoyable moments such as a smile on a purchasers face once they sign the paper work of their new home. I also enjoy the interaction with our purchasers and potential clients. The hardest part of my job would be seeing disappointed new home owners; sometimes the experience is over whelming, sometimes finance, there are a variety of issues that can make a purchaser upset. However all of this is always, if not often, changed into positive moments.

My job as an administrative assistant provides me with experience to work effectively and efficiently. It allows me to learn every day and to be a strong asset to a growing company.
Pros
free lunches, flexible lunch hours
Cons
job security
Confusing With poor quality of homes. I would work for them if I was in a position to make a difference
Construction Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2012
The owner is a good person and tries to create a good work environment. But he has mangers like who hire friends who are not qualified and make a mess of every site . Their houses are of poor quality and do not have the staying power of other builders.
Pros
lots of education
Cons
poor quality products and unskilled employees

2.8