Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

I co oped here for a school term
Electrical Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
They were nice to me, but at the time i was only a high school student. I enjoyed my time with them.

the laborers seemed happy with their jobs so it made it easier for me to learn.
Was a great place at one point in time
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2015
This was a great company at one point. You felt you made a difference and your team was like family. The company was quick to reward loyalty and build its employees with new skills. It created loyalty. It was the kind of loyalty that drove you to give your all and produce as much value as you could.
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistant (warranty) Temporary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Working at Mattamy homes was quite an experience. It was a fun place to work. I learnt a great deal of patience and tolerance working there. It was a very demanding job but fulfilling at the same time. It was also very fast paced.
My coworkers were very funny and nice.
My only concern working at the trailers was that it was always dusty and dirty due to it being a job site. Being an extreme neat freak, i could not stay for long. I had to find something more suitable for me. No regrets working there.
Pros
Fun and professional coworkers
Cons
Dusty envroment
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 26, 2015
 Preparing contracts for clients
 Managing client upgrades and Architect Choice Options
 Creating amendments to contracts
 Assisting clients with floor plan explanation
 Ability to field all questions regarding the home buying process
 Providing clients with the necessary information needed about their new home
 Preparing “Take Home” packages for clients
 Key Holder
No communication or help
Safety Rep/ Handyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMarch 9, 2015
poorly run company with people that dont know how to treat others and big lack of communication, there just out to make a buck and do not care about there staff with a turnover rate of 78% last year it is quite obvious.
Pros
very good and honest site super
Cons
poor communication
Enjoyable position as stepping stone towards interior decorating.
Design Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Organize samples in the showroom, host tours and assist home owners in selecting finishes for their homes.

Enjoyable dealing with the public and great learning experience for a new graduate in interior decorating or design. Also good part time job,
Pros
beautiful environment, nice assisting the homeowners.
Cons
no advancement, weekend hours and open house is not organized, and chaotic.
great learning enviorment
labourer / health and safety rep (Current Employee) –  ontarioFebruary 16, 2015
I have leaned and grown very much because of my time at mattamy homes. I am grateful for all my learning experiences that they've provided.
Limited opportunity for advancvement
Accountant, Central Accounting (Former Employee) –  OakvilleOctober 31, 2014
Limited opportunity for advancement. Lots of politics. Good work/life balance.
Very much an all for me" environment
Shared Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Departments and individuals work in 'silos' - they will push back work if they are missing even one tiny bit of information (instead of getting the information). Since this is the way they 'do' things, easy fixes take weeks and weeks to correct. No one cares if employees or customers suffer because of this. This is the only place I have ever worked where, when I asked a question of my manager I was told "that's not my job" - from my MANAGER! Absurd!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Totally awsome place to work!!
Handyman (Former Employee) –  MiltonFebruary 18, 2014
I left due to a closer job and slightly higher paying, leaving was like leaving family behind, awesome people, first place I worked at that I enjoyed, fast moving, really never the same work, I would return in a hart beat if it was closer to me, A1 rating in my books don't have a bad thing to say about management or guys I worked with, was a real team effort by all!! went to the blow farms and was biggest mistake of my life!!
Pros
the job was awsome!!
Cons
distance drive time, job security

Want to know more about Mattamy Homes?

Ask a question
20% actual work 80% trying to please upset home owners,managers are disconected
Waranty service tech (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
had to bite my tongue so as to not say what was to be understood and explained to home owner before the worker shows up. many owners have the sense of you will do as i say and not as you where told to do by management, let the confusion begin. they make you believe they got your back but the knife got their first. no training allowed no support to the workers just bend over. the best part of the job was leaving the area with my head up
Pros
close to home for me
Cons
entire work force needs to be trained on how to deal with unsatisfied home owners
wonderful opportunity to work at a corporate head office and on site
CUSTOMER SERVICE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 6, 2013
My time with Mattamy Homes was great. I started at the corporate Head office and had the best experience. I learned a great deal about the business during the 2.5 years there.
I also worked on a construction site which has equally wonderful. I receive first hand knowledge about the industry that I would never get anywhere else.
Unfortunately the company had decided to re- structure and I received a package from them.
Pros
fantastic team environment
Cons
Productive and hands on sales office, providing customer service and sales skills.
Sales and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at Mattamy Homes includes serving clients with information on available homes. My day begins with checking emails, voice mails and booking appointments. My day progresses to contacting purchasers to keep in touch during the new home experience. I also take time to manage the office in regards to inventory, ordering supplies, staff scheduling and preparing reports for senior management.
Mattamy Homes provides a very friendly and support environment for all its employees. The supervisors and management team are supportive and understanding, they also teach and help build career oriented skills. As a full time employee I am able to work with junior staff in providing training and support, we work well as a team and independently to handle tasks at hand.
Being an administrative assistant at Mattamy Homes has many enjoyable moments such as a smile on a purchasers face once they sign the paper work of their new home. I also enjoy the interaction with our purchasers and potential clients. The hardest part of my job would be seeing disappointed new home owners; sometimes the experience is over whelming, sometimes finance, there are a variety of issues that can make a purchaser upset. However all of this is always, if not often, changed into positive moments.

My job as an administrative assistant provides me with experience to work effectively and efficiently. It allows me to learn every day and to be a strong asset to a growing company.
Pros
free lunches, flexible lunch hours
Cons
job security
Productive and fun workplace with great Management
Framer/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 20, 2012
While employed with Mattamy Homes I Learned a great deal about leadership while also working as a team member to complete daily tasks safely and efficiently. Mattamy Homes strives to employ hard working individuals with good values. While the demand was sometimes overwhelming, it was much easier to cope with the help of having good fellow employees.
Pros
great structure, great management
Cons
heavy demand
Confusing With poor quality of homes. I would work for them if I was in a position to make a difference
Construction Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 10, 2012
The owner is a good person and tries to create a good work environment. But he has mangers like who hire friends who are not qualified and make a mess of every site . Their houses are of poor quality and do not have the staying power of other builders.
Pros
lots of education
Cons
poor quality products and unskilled employees