Matcor Metal Fabrication is a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors.
Our Brampton facility is currently seeking Quality Control Technician to join our team. This role requires an outgoing, versatile and energetic individual who have a keen sense for quality and urgency.
Reporting to our Quality Manager, this position performs continuous auditing of production to ensure consistent quality standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects raw material and purchased components to control plan requirements ( within 24 hours of receipt ), collect / analyze SPC data.
- Audit parts being shipped to customer plants to control plan requirements.
- Audit parts being shipped to subcontractors to control cards.
- Maintain Shipping / Receiving inspection records of raw material receipt.
- Issue I.R.’s for non conforming product, inform Q.A. supervisor.
- Inspect first off.
- Audit floor production ( including packaging, tagging, lot # )
- Collect / analyze SPC data.
- Audit operator SPC charts.
- Maintain daily shift log of problems and information.
- Final inspection - each bin to be approved.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and the OHSA.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general operating instructions, production schedules, quality requirements, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems. Required to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- None required for the essential duties of the job.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is frequently required to stand / walk, reaching with hands and arms.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and colour vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.