Matcor Metal Fabrication is a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors.
We are currently seeking a Forklift Operator to join our team. This role requires an outgoing, versatile and energetic individual who has a keen sense for quality and urgency.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the Forklift Operator will assist with the loading, unloading and movement of materials throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives lift truck in order to maintain production and manage movement of materials in plant.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventory materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Completes daily maintenance check list on truck.
- Practices and obeys the health and safety rules of the company.
- Practices good housekeeping at all times.
- Practices guidelines as set out in company handbook.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma
- Must have 2-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable with moving large, heavy components
- High focus on safety
- Forklift license required
- Speak English, Read English, Write English
- Must have good manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks & handling heavy forklift loads
- Customer focused
What you can expect in return
Matcor Metal Fabrication is a great company to work for. We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes excellent benefits.
If you are interested in joining a growing organization in this exciting role, please apply with your resume attached. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.