MATCOR Inc. Employee Reviews

place needs a facelift
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Morton, IL7 April 2017
Management is reckless. Lie to you all the time. They run the place by the seat of there pants. They only address things when something comes up. Its. In need of a facelift
Pros
getting off work.
Cons
working there.
Slow dull boring
Material Grinder (Former Employee) –  Morton, IL8 March 2017
I could sometimes get my work done and be waiting on the next job. The guy at the job before my area could be goofing around or just not there so that would leave me with no work. I remember a stretch of 6 weeks of mandatory overtime where I'd have a few hours in the middle of my shift being caught up and waiting on work that was being completed at the section before mine. The money was nice, but they could have saved some by not having me or others sweeping. Sweeping needed to be done, but doing it hours and hours got boring. After a time it became apparent for people to slow down as they could spread out the work over the whole work day and get paid instead of being sent home when work ran out. I would ask to work in other areas early in the day so if I did run out they could move me elsewhere if needed. When you only have tools that can do so much then you're limited in what you can complete. Management didn't see things that way at times. If you give me a full days work I'm going to keep busy. The plant manager was one for destroying morale. There were only so many break room chairs and the break rooms were a hike away so some of us liked having personal chairs in our work areas so we could go right to break near us. The plant manager decided to take away all the chairs. I didn't see this as holding up work. It's been a few years or I'd remember other stuff.
Pros
compensation, insurance provider offered free once a year blood test
Cons
Scott Tatlock, short breaks
Not Recommended
Welder (Former Employee) –  Unknown10 November 2016
I would not recommend this company to work at unless you have a criminal record. That is all I have to say about MatCor. It's hard to move up and or go anywhere in this company and it's highly political.
For the most part has worked me all the hours i've wanted. Has a strive for perfection Culture.
Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 March 2016
Overall the company has good intentions of being a leader in the industry. Matcor is good about giving time off if needed. I have Always worked all the hour that I've wanted. Management believes in training you with the knowledge you need to be a professional in the trade.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Hard to get a set schedule
A Good Job For The Pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, KS6 November 2014
Not a bad job for the area. Decent pay, and good hours. Management could be better though.
the werst place ive ever worked
Press op (Former Employee) –  Independence, KS3 April 2012
there is no safty. oil is everywhere on the floor. water was driping on the HV boxes.
Cons
no safty at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MATCOR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9