MATCOR Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Buena empresa para aprender
tecnico en mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Ramos Arizpe, Coah.26 September 2017
Es una buena empresa para iniciar la experiencia laboral
Cons
Mala administracion
One of the worse companys all around that i have ever worked for
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX10 August 2017
Never had any ideas of work schedules, never knew how long we were going to be out or when we would go home, didn't care about getting you your money or per Diem or expenses you payed for out of pocket to go to work for them, will leave you stranded out on a job if you ask or need to go home your threatened with not coming back or fired and left there to get home on your own, management has no clue or idea of whats going on and doesn't care or try to fix or improve anything, take advantage of clients and forge data given to them, as well as having project managers and crew leaders that have no idea of what they are doing or how to do it that are charging the clients for time spent not owrking trying to figure out what to do. The most unethical, unorganized,cheap, uncaring companys i have ever worked for. I would not recommend anybody to go to work for them at any level.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Enjoyable until bought
CAD Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PA26 May 2017
I started working here 4 years ago. The first 2 years were great. we were a small but growing company of about 50 employees. The employees were treated well. Free lunches about ever 2 weeks, raises given yearly with a Christmas bonus. The owner was friendly and enjoyed being with and around employees. Made everyone feel equal. But 2 year ago we were bought out by a huge company of over 20,000 employees who do different work than what we do. We do corrosion protection the overall company does scaffolding. since then everything has gone downhill. no more free lunches. Have seen the owner once, no raises or bonuses. Treated as worthless replaceable and a number.
Pros
Cons
Extreamly low wage for amount of work you do.
place needs a facelift
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Morton, IL7 April 2017
Management is reckless. Lie to you all the time. They run the place by the seat of there pants. They only address things when something comes up. Its. In need of a facelift
Pros
getting off work.
Cons
working there.
Slow dull boring
Material Grinder (Former Employee) –  Morton, IL8 March 2017
I could sometimes get my work done and be waiting on the next job. The guy at the job before my area could be goofing around or just not there so that would leave me with no work. I remember a stretch of 6 weeks of mandatory overtime where I'd have a few hours in the middle of my shift being caught up and waiting on work that was being completed at the section before mine. The money was nice, but they could have saved some by not having me or others sweeping. Sweeping needed to be done, but doing it hours and hours got boring. After a time it became apparent for people to slow down as they could spread out the work over the whole work day and get paid instead of being sent home when work ran out. I would ask to work in other areas early in the day so if I did run out they could move me elsewhere if needed. When you only have tools that can do so much then you're limited in what you can complete. Management didn't see things that way at times. If you give me a full days work I'm going to keep busy. The plant manager was one for destroying morale. There were only so many break room chairs and the break rooms were a hike away so some of us liked having personal chairs in our work areas so we could go right to break near us. The plant manager decided to take away all the chairs. I didn't see this as holding up work. It's been a few years or I'd remember other stuff.
Pros
compensation, insurance provider offered free once a year blood test
Cons
Scott Tatlock, short breaks
Not Recommended
Welder (Former Employee) –  Unknown10 November 2016
I would not recommend this company to work at unless you have a criminal record. That is all I have to say about MatCor. It's hard to move up and or go anywhere in this company and it's highly political.
For the most part has worked me all the hours i've wanted. Has a strive for perfection Culture.
Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 March 2016
Overall the company has good intentions of being a leader in the industry. Matcor is good about giving time off if needed. I have Always worked all the hour that I've wanted. Management believes in training you with the knowledge you need to be a professional in the trade.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Hard to get a set schedule
A Good Job For The Pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, KS6 November 2014
Not a bad job for the area. Decent pay, and good hours. Management could be better though.
the werst place ive ever worked
Press op (Former Employee) –  Independence, KS3 April 2012
there is no safty. oil is everywhere on the floor. water was driping on the HV boxes.
Cons
no safty at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MATCOR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3