Match Marketing Group Employee Reviews

merchandising base
Part-time-varied (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON14 January 2018
a good place to learn how to read a planogram, for cosmetics, some dm's are great, some aren't a lot of favoritism to some independent contractors,
working with-in shoppers drug marts, and Walmarts Rexall and other type locations,
L'oreal is their main company we do the 3rd party work for
you don't have to deal with the consumer, you are there to do the reline,
you meet a lot of people work has busy weeks then there's nothing, you have to either have another income you can't survive on this position solely, having a car is a must or able to access transit easily
Pros
good people, and training, new skill sets
Cons
feast or famine on working availability
Just about ok
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Fun place to work but, leaders are not invested in your personal growth. Experience is completely dependent on external factors, no 2 recruiters will have the same experience within the same role even though it should be the same.
Pros
parties, lunches, team culture
Cons
no succession planning, no leadership
Mobile Boutique side is wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Match has multiple businesses through the company. When looking to see if this is the right company for you, please keep that in mind.
The Mobile side (WOW! Mobile Boutique) is a great place to work. Great work environment, fantastic communication with head office employees, good commission structure, benefits for FT employees, lots of focus on training and Promotions knowledge.
We have offers that other companies do not receive on their devices as well.
Our focus is the whole Customer Experience, offering a non biased service, which I love about the company.
I see a lot of negative reviews on here, however they are not towards the company that Match is a parent company to; WOW! Mobile.
Pros
Benefits, contests, commission, communication
needs improvement
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2017
This was a boarder-line abusive agency who's management team isn't looking to improve the flaws of the system which is why most of their accounts see very high turnover.
I've been with Match for years, they're pretty good
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
I love Match. The culture is great, the teams are generally great,and the work itself is a breeze. The only drawback for me is that full time work is unlikely with Match, which is a double-edged sword; I'd have difficulty sticking around because I need full time work, but working full time with Match (through advancement) requires that you stick around through the dry patches. All in all, Match is great.
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
Good Hours
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
MatchMg is a lot of cleaning and maintenance- very repetitive. You are misinformed in the interview of your job description. If you're a visually driven individual match is not for you. The daily tasks you are given are not stimulating.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
boring
The worst company I have ever worked for.
"Independent Contractor" (Former Employee) –  Canada19 January 2017
Where do I start!!

They make you sign a forum saying you are an independent contractor when in actuality you are not. They make you pay out of pocket for materials. Pay is always late or nonexistent and they always make excuses. Saying they will carry over the money they didnt pay you over the next month. No. That's not how it's done. Hopefully the labor board can help me but with this sneaky independent contractor lie I might not have much luck. Worst decision of my life working here.
pas la meilleure societe, pas pire non plus
SPÉCIALISTE MARKETING' MONTRÉAL (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Si vous cherchez un endroit ou stationner en attendant de vous trouver autre chose...
Pour la carrière ou les avantages sociaux oubliez ca, la societe n'a rien a vous proposer...
Pros
paa d'heures supplémentaires
Cons
aucune carriere envisagée
great experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
short contracts with good pay and great opportunity to meet people; unsure if advancement is possible within the organization but the manager for my roadshow was always available and ready to help. very flexible hours and lots of free samples!
I only worked here for a short time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa15 January 2017
In that time I LOVED it.

It is a great place for those seasoned in cellular sales, could be more challenging without a telecommunications background.
Interview
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
The company emailed me asking what time would be best for a phone interview. As soon as I said I was hard of hearing and that my significant other will talk for me, I never heard back from this company. If this is how they treat people, I wouldn't want to work with them. They sound so bad.
Trust me. Only work here if you have no other choice!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada30 November 2016
I have been working with Match for about sometime now. The management is terrible. They lie and don't want to take responsibility for their actions. They delay pay and will make an excuse last minute why you didn't get paid. They will take your job on any notice. DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Trust me. I have been doing sales for 15 years. This was the worst company ever!!!
Pros
Gift card, fun emplyees
Cons
No pay, cheating of hours, Very racist and sexist environment
Treated like and Independant Contractor when in fact your an employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
Match is good if you have nowhere else to go and are desperate for a little money but do not make a career out of this place.
Management treat you like your an idiot consistently speak down to you and can make your life miserable.

Drive all over the place with little compensation
Call you an IC when your not.
Employees are okay some like everywhere else will stab you in the back the moment your back is turned.
Pros
None that I can think of
Terrible Company
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
I worked - briefly - for this company in 2016, demoing fabulous skincare products at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Pay was ALWAYS in-accurate. I have fought for weeks to get $125 in missing wages. Match's claim is that they transferred the money. It was never received in my bank account, and Match refuses to offer any documentation.

Do not work for them. My next stop is the Labour Board.
Pros
Cons
Sheisters
Worst place you can think of
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
Worst place o have evr had to work.i learned nothing than to quit and never work for such companies..poor management skills ..
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Everything is wrong with that company
Love to Walk around and explore the products
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
The one good thing I learned there is to keep track of our working record of each day. And that's what I like most because it makes me feel hard working girl.
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 January 2016
Match was by far one of the worst companies I have worked for. When asking management for help there was none given instead was advised to look at myself and figure out where the problem was. Brought over from a different company with promises and false pretenses nothing paned out and none of the things told happened.
Sales rep doing the managers JOB
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 August 2015
I started when the company was new and it had its ups and downs I soon realized more downs than ups. Employees can be sharks, long work hours, horrible management, salary was usually delayed missing or in accurate. No loyalty you must lie and mislead customers to sign 2 year contracts.
Pros
Freedom to walk and mingle
Cons
all those sharks
Brand Ambassabor Blackweb (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
The best place to work if you're an outgoing and social person. Project hours can be long, but the compensation for the work is very very rewarding. Excellent team leads and account managers that care about the people who work for them. Great job for those in school or only want part time work
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6