Mastermind Toys

Mastermind Toys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would involve a positive atmosphere where customers were on a first name basis with most of the workers. I learned how to handle difficult customers in a positive manner so that they would leave with a great experience and hopefully a product. Management was fantastic at tanning new staff members and making sure that everyone felt like a part of a family. Co-workers were fantastic to work with as well.
Fun place to work with caring staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 22, 2015
Really great managers who always enjoyed having fun with customers, and focused on finding / satisfying the needs of all customers.
Cared about store cleanliness, and organization, and reinforced a fun and supportive atmosphere
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I restocked shelves and assisted customers with their shopping. I learned how to deal with impatient or rude customers in a respectable and professional manner. My co-workers were friendly and respectable. The hardest part of the job was the long hours on my feet at all times. The most enjoyable part was working with kids, and being creative with gift ideas.
a day at mastermind toys
Toy specialist (Current Employee), burlingtonMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the fun
Cons: the pay
if you are sad there is no better way to cheer you up than toys and kids. a typical day requires me to ensure the store is stocked and always full with products. Engaging people and kids and demonstrating products is also part of the fun. working there has been a great experience and continues to be.
Very fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very fun; got to test out many toys
Cons: tiring but what retail position isn't?
I still remember, on the day of my group interview the managers pulled out a remote controlled t-rex and played with him in order to ease the nervousness in the group. Everyone was fun and friendly to be around. Work schedules were sent 2am weeks in advanced, and they were never overwhelming. The managers were very kind and considerate - they trusted us employees whole heartedly; they never nagged us to complete anything or watch our every move, and the amount of trust they gave to us only motivated us to work harder.
Professional and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Very friendly establishment, well respected and elegant. this company was well organized and professional. i enjoyed my time there.
Worst place to ever work in your life!!!
Sales clerk. Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford and Coquitlam.November 24, 2014
Cons: schuduling errors - asking u to drive others to work.
These managers or so called managers do not know what the they are doing. They Schudule you for shifts and then you show up to work and they tell you to go home and come back later!! They forget to tell you shifts are cancelled. They ask you to drive other employees to work when your not legally allowed to. N license. When you ask about your shifts to find out when you actually do work they fire you. The two stores I'm speaking of are abbotsford BC and Coquitlam BC. No respect for a hard working young person these managers treat you poorly.
Excellent Employees With Vast Knowledge on the Top Toys
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 10, 2014
A great fun and friendly enviorment to be walking into,
everyone in the store is super friendly and ready to help you with any needs or questions you may have.
I have learned more about toys than I have in my almost 20 years, mastermind also doesn't just sell toys, we sell educational learning and items to stimulate the mind.
management is incredible and easily approachable with whatever questions you may have, you never need to feel lost in the store.
The hardest part of the job for myself, would have to honestly be leaving when my seasonal employment is up! I love working with kids and making their day brighter, I love educating parents on the items they are about to purchase.
The best part of my job at Mastermind, is seeing the customers walk out of the store with a smile on their face and all their needs met while they were in the store, I enjoy being able to run up with the kids at the display tables and playing around with the toys as well!
You will not be disappointed walking out of this store, and I am thankful for my opportunity I am able to have here!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2014
Overall great place to work at if you love working with people and children. Management team is great
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 17, 2014
FUN! Great attention to customer service and a good place for kids to spend time with their parents.
Enjoyable company to work for. Very laid back and at your own pace.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. I was able to learn more about inventory and deal with customers.
Fun and relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 6, 2014
Mastermind has taught me many skills that I had not had before. They showed me ways that I can sell products to customers, that makes us more friendly with the customer rather than pushy.
I think that I have opened up a lot more, and have become more comfortable speaking one on one with customers.
They have given me a great work environment, and have made me feel relaxed and happy to be at work.
My manager and co-workers are very friendly and approachable. I feel like I can ask them questions without being worried or intimidated.
Fun workplace, decent managing staff, and no lunchroom/breakroom
Seasonal Toys Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2014
Overall great staff. A little bit of micromanaging going on, which caused a various amount of problems when it came to the Christmas rush.
Hardest part of the job was the miscommunication and disorganization which happened on a consistent basis.
Best part of the job was the customers, and the staff.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Mastermind Toys. I learned about many products. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was when the store was really busy and all the employees were running around and helping the customers.
Great Workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Always warm and inviting, and seeing the children's faces as they take it all in is the best
Great Place to work
Sales and Stock (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed everything about working here. I did everything from stocking shelves and organizing shipments, to helping customers on the floor and dealing with special orders and requests. Unfortunately my time here was short because of my seasonal employment status.
Amazing place to work!!
cashier/wrapper (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 22, 2014
the other employee's were wonderful and super outgoing. The managers helped you all the time, and whenever you needed help all you had to do was ask! and i got excellent hours!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: employee discount
typical day at work would be stocking shelves, helping customers, working the cash
i learned different ways of selling related products, knowing the different products
management was very nice, understanding, and willing to help you
remembering every product
selling toys
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 10, 2014
This job is enjoyable because of the interactions with the children that come into the store
It is fun working in warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: i like the free lunch and the atmosphere
Cons: i like the long hours of working
The work was great, I learn how to price item and inventory. Therefore the management was great and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy boxes off the shelves and the last day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was looking for boxes to pack the item,

About Mastermind Toys

We're the online store with 26 years experience in retail. This is our 13th year online. Which makes us different. Unlike fully – Read more