Mastermind Toys

Mastermind Toys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Employees With Vast Knowledge on the Top Toys
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 10, 2014
A great fun and friendly enviorment to be walking into,
everyone in the store is super friendly and ready to help you with any needs or questions you may have.
I have learned more about toys than I have in my almost 20 years, mastermind also doesn't just sell toys, we sell educational learning and items to stimulate the mind.
management is incredible – more... and easily approachable with whatever questions you may have, you never need to feel lost in the store.
The hardest part of the job for myself, would have to honestly be leaving when my seasonal employment is up! I love working with kids and making their day brighter, I love educating parents on the items they are about to purchase.
The best part of my job at Mastermind, is seeing the customers walk out of the store with a smile on their face and all their needs met while they were in the store, I enjoy being able to run up with the kids at the display tables and playing around with the toys as well!
You will not be disappointed walking out of this store, and I am thankful for my opportunity I am able to have here! – less
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2014
Overall great place to work at if you love working with people and children. Management team is great
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 17, 2014
FUN! Great attention to customer service and a good place for kids to spend time with their parents.
Enjoyable company to work for. Very laid back and at your own pace.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. I was able to learn more about inventory and deal with customers.
Fun and relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 6, 2014
Mastermind has taught me many skills that I had not had before. They showed me ways that I can sell products to customers, that makes us more friendly with the customer rather than pushy.
I think that I have opened up a lot more, and have become more comfortable speaking one on one with customers.
They have given me a great work environment, and have – more... made me feel relaxed and happy to be at work.
My manager and co-workers are very friendly and approachable. I feel like I can ask them questions without being worried or intimidated. – less
Fun workplace, decent managing staff, and no lunchroom/breakroom
Seasonal Toys Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2014
Overall great staff. A little bit of micromanaging going on, which caused a various amount of problems when it came to the Christmas rush.
Hardest part of the job was the miscommunication and disorganization which happened on a consistent basis.
Best part of the job was the customers, and the staff.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Mastermind Toys. I learned about many products. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was when the store was really busy and all the employees were running around and helping the customers.
Great Workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Always warm and inviting, and seeing the children's faces as they take it all in is the best
Great Place to work
Sales and Stock (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed everything about working here. I did everything from stocking shelves and organizing shipments, to helping customers on the floor and dealing with special orders and requests. Unfortunately my time here was short because of my seasonal employment status.
Amazing place to work!!
cashier/wrapper (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 22, 2014
the other employee's were wonderful and super outgoing. The managers helped you all the time, and whenever you needed help all you had to do was ask! and i got excellent hours!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: employee discount
typical day at work would be stocking shelves, helping customers, working the cash
i learned different ways of selling related products, knowing the different products
management was very nice, understanding, and willing to help you
remembering every product
selling toys
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 10, 2014
This job is enjoyable because of the interactions with the children that come into the store
It is fun working in warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: i like the free lunch and the atmosphere
Cons: i like the long hours of working
The work was great, I learn how to price item and inventory. Therefore the management was great and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy boxes off the shelves and the last day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was looking for boxes to pack the item,
Fun place to work, but only for part timer's
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: bonus perks, encouraged to try out products, good company policy's and bonus's for employees
Cons: little hours, minimum wage jobs
I have been employed since June of last year. It has been my favorite job to date that I have done. You are encouraged to try new toys and products so you can sell them easier. You are also rewarded with paid time when you complete product review sheets. Most of the hired staff I work with have been great people other than the odd teenagers for seasonal – more... staffing near holidays. The only downside is if you are not a manager or assistant manager, post holidays the hours drop heavily to a minimum of 5 a week so not recommended for actually living off of. – less
Friendly environment, with a very accommodating, and reliable management team
Cashier (Former Employee), Yonge and LawrenceDecember 27, 2013
A typical day at work was always fun and stress free. The training process was nice and quick. On top of that there was always plenty of SR staff to help if any problems arose.
Was a fun and good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: manager bought coffees time from time
Cons: everyone had a cold
mastermind toys was a fun and good place to work with a nice atmosphere and enjoyable staff.
Overall Enjoyment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: amazing staff
Cons: limited hours
This job placement has a very friendly creative work environment. This job requires my attention to the product and the customers. I must constantly give my attention to customers and their needs. This helps me with my communications skills and how I interact with the customers.
The most difficult part of my job is learning all the different brands – more... and how they differ from one another.
Mastermind coworkers and management are great. They're all really friendly and always willing to help myself, and customers. – less
Very bright and colourful workplace with amazing people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 27, 2013
Pros: always had food and snacks for the staff
Cons: there is no cons!
Lots of friendly customers to serve, management was very kind and understanding, all the co-workers were very friendly and easy to be friends with. The hardest part is that its the newest Mastermind Toys in the area, so it gets very busy, especially near Christmas time because they do free gift wrapping. The most enjoyable part was being around such – more... caring and friendly co-workers. – less
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 24, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great staff, easy work.
Cons: small lunch room.
Overall I really liked working here. I have learned quite a bit about the retail industry while working here. The staff were amazing and the work was easy. Like any retail store, on slow days it gets boring. Other then that, really great place to work and I'd love to again!
Fun place to work. Great staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay and working all weekends
Mastermind is a great place to work. It is fun playing with toys and learning about them. I enjoyed teaching students and sharing my knowledge with co-workers and clients.
Hardest part of the job were the weekend hours and low pay.

About Mastermind Toys

We're the online store with 26 years experience in retail. This is our 13th year online. Which makes us different. Unlike fully – Read more