Mastermind Toys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
djsdfjl skdljksdn ksdd
cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
good work enviroment alot way succeed and good respect that was earned, issues with co workers were solved in timely and well rounded manner
Overall a great place
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: getting paid on a 15 minute break
Cons: working much later than scheduled
Back in October of 2015, I was a seasonal sales associate for Mastermind Toys. A typical day at work would usually just be stocking and organizing shelves, assisting customers, and keep the store tidy. One thing I learned which was great since it was around Christmas time, was how to properly wrap presents. I probably wrapped over 100 presents within 3 months. My managers were very nice, very friendly people. Some of my co-workers on the other hand.....I was the youngest person working at Mastermind Toys at the time so I think a lot of my co-workers thought they could get away with pushing me around. The hardest part of that job honestly, was reorganizing items on the shelves and moving them around so more/new items would fit when we got new shipments. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find what they were looking for. It was great to see their faces light up with joy when I could help them find the toy that they were looking for.
a fun relaxed workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: paid break
I love mastermind toys. Its fun, everyone is friendly and gets along very well. im glad i got the chance to work there. The managers are amazing, they work with your availability very well.
sales associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Getting to work with kids
Cons: Constantly on feet
I loved working at Mastermind toys because of the good management and getting great hours to work during the week. My co-workers also made this job a very enjoyable experience.
Friendly place where you can meet new people and get paid to play with toys
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sherwood ParkOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Staff discount
Cons: Staff discount
On a daily basis you are to work the cash desk, help customers with locating desired toys, fill the floor stock, be aware of any sales or store promotions, wrap presents and daily house keeping (sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms and windows).

You will learn about many different types of toys for different ages and what type of toy suites what age group and gender best.

Working with (usually) the same people each shift you will become close with most staff and management.

Most difficult part of the shift will be the random bursts of guest purchases and present wrapping with not enough coverage but management is willing to help if available.

The best part of the day will be finding the exact present a customer wanted to purchase and then wrapping that present complementary for them. It always makes me happy when I can help a guest purchase their present and then not have to worry about wrap when they have screaming children with them.
Fun work place with enjoyable people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks, perfect store hours, nice staff
Cons: Number of tills is low for outflow of customers + outdated system
Great store manager, always open and willing to talk. Makes himself readily approachable and contactable and is willing to work around your schedule to meet your needs.

Co-workers ages varied, mainly high school teenagers, thus a lot of gossip happens, but the small number of co-workers is nice, everyone knows each other well and would mean you yourself would get a steady amount of shifts.

Hardest part of the job is the limited number of tills to cash customers out during peak times (Christmas or good sale events), having to ask for numbers and new email subscriptions
Learning experience
Web Fulfillment (Former Employee), Milner and ProgressAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Love the bonus and free lunches
Cons: standing on your feet everyday. You'll get use to it.
At Mastermind Toys was a great learning experience for those who are just starting out in a warehouse. I've never worked in a warehouse before and its overwhelming. But the staff trains you and after a few days your on your own. Just focus on what you are doing that is all that matters.
sales associate and cashier
sales associate and cashier (Former Employee), oakville, ontarioJuly 16, 2015
the environment was a toy store so that sums it up; happy kids miserable parents. lots of parents were wanting to know the entire store; coworkers were the main benefit to this job.
Friendly environment and well-developed customer services training programs
part-times sales associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, reasonable mall hours
Cons: significantly less busy during the summer
Managers are very friendly and demonstrate an admirable respect for all employees. Low-stress environment but can be hectic during the holiday season. Overall, a great place to work.
A nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), BramptonJune 24, 2015
Pros: fun, always surrounded by toys and bright colors, rarely gets boring
Cons: the music can get annoying, but thats about it
Really fun people and the ability to trade shifts easily makes it a very easy job to love. Knowing all the products can be a little overwhelming at first but once you know where everything is it becomes like second nature.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 11, 2015
Cons: No legal breaks
The management needs to be reconsidered. Because the past 2 years has been nothing but stress and anxiety. The employees were amazing and truly became my family, however, I would never say the same for management.
Productive and fun workplace with welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would involve a positive atmosphere where customers were on a first name basis with most of the workers. I learned how to handle difficult customers in a positive manner so that they would leave with a great experience and hopefully a product. Management was fantastic at tanning new staff members and making sure that everyone felt like a part of a family. Co-workers were fantastic to work with as well.
Fun place to work with caring staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 22, 2015
Really great managers who always enjoyed having fun with customers, and focused on finding / satisfying the needs of all customers.
Cared about store cleanliness, and organization, and reinforced a fun and supportive atmosphere
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I restocked shelves and assisted customers with their shopping. I learned how to deal with impatient or rude customers in a respectable and professional manner. My co-workers were friendly and respectable. The hardest part of the job was the long hours on my feet at all times. The most enjoyable part was working with kids, and being creative with gift ideas.
a day at mastermind toys
Toy specialist (Current Employee), burlingtonMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the fun
Cons: the pay
if you are sad there is no better way to cheer you up than toys and kids. a typical day requires me to ensure the store is stocked and always full with products. Engaging people and kids and demonstrating products is also part of the fun. working there has been a great experience and continues to be.
Very fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very fun; got to test out many toys
Cons: tiring but what retail position isn't?
I still remember, on the day of my group interview the managers pulled out a remote controlled t-rex and played with him in order to ease the nervousness in the group. Everyone was fun and friendly to be around. Work schedules were sent 2am weeks in advanced, and they were never overwhelming. The managers were very kind and considerate - they trusted us employees whole heartedly; they never nagged us to complete anything or watch our every move, and the amount of trust they gave to us only motivated us to work harder.
Professional and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Very friendly establishment, well respected and elegant. this company was well organized and professional. i enjoyed my time there.
Worst place to ever work in your life!!!
Sales clerk. Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford and Coquitlam.November 24, 2014
Cons: schuduling errors - asking u to drive others to work.
These managers or so called managers do not know what the they are doing. They Schudule you for shifts and then you show up to work and they tell you to go home and come back later!! They forget to tell you shifts are cancelled. They ask you to drive other employees to work when your not legally allowed to. N license. When you ask about your shifts to find out when you actually do work they fire you. The two stores I'm speaking of are abbotsford BC and Coquitlam BC. No respect for a hard working young person these managers treat you poorly.
Excellent Employees With Vast Knowledge on the Top Toys
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 10, 2014
A great fun and friendly enviorment to be walking into,
everyone in the store is super friendly and ready to help you with any needs or questions you may have.
I have learned more about toys than I have in my almost 20 years, mastermind also doesn't just sell toys, we sell educational learning and items to stimulate the mind.
management is incredible and easily approachable with whatever questions you may have, you never need to feel lost in the store.
The hardest part of the job for myself, would have to honestly be leaving when my seasonal employment is up! I love working with kids and making their day brighter, I love educating parents on the items they are about to purchase.
The best part of my job at Mastermind, is seeing the customers walk out of the store with a smile on their face and all their needs met while they were in the store, I enjoy being able to run up with the kids at the display tables and playing around with the toys as well!
You will not be disappointed walking out of this store, and I am thankful for my opportunity I am able to have here!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2014
Overall great place to work at if you love working with people and children. Management team is great