For our new store opening in early 2013 - Milton Ontario
As a member of the store management team the Assistant Store Manager is second in charge (primary in the absence of the store manager) to bring fun, learning and confidence to parents & children by providing an exceptional in-store customer experience and shopping environment and through the sound management of staff and store operations contribute to the profitability, success and growth of the store.
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least one year previous retail supervisor level experience, speciality related retail preferred
- Retail business knowledge; strong sales, service, coaching and leadership skills required
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality customer focused sales assistance
- Interest in and passion for Mastermind product
- Strong & clear verbal and written communication skills
Working closely with the Store Manager the Assistant Manager will:
- Contribute as a member of the management team to deliver business results by implementing actions that contribute to the profitability, success and growth of the store
- Participate in the planning, selection and performance of staff
- Prepare and post staff schedule in accordance with hours allotment & customer traffic. Participate in the creation and monitoring of daily zone schedules to maximize floor coverage & facilitate customer satisfaction
- Actively ensure customers are supported consistent with the Mastermind customer experience philosophy; maintain high level of product knowledge
- Authorize & process sales, returns, exchanges accurately & in accordance with procedures
- Ensure best practice merchandising standards throughout the shift; create inviting, attractive displays; keep store shelves full stocked and neat; assemble product as required
- Ensure all operational best practice process are utilized including those related to receiving, store opening and closing, paperwork, daily communication and record keeping
- Safeguard staff, customers & product through pro-active assistance; zone management; compliance with loss prevention and health and safety & emergency procedures.
Indeed - 2 years ago
We're the online store with 26 years experience in retail. This is our 13th year online.
Which makes us different. Unlike fully virtual...