For over 29 years, Mastermind Toys has represented the very best in quality toys and books for children in a shopping environment that is engaging, inspiring and fun. With 20 stores and counting in Ontario and a North America-wide reach through www.mastermindtoys.com we continue to grow as one of Canada’s premier brands.
Our company philosophy mixes fun and focus! That same philosophy of fun and focus extends to the work environment we offer to our employees. At Mastermind we provide a competitive compensation package, offer opportunities to learn and grow and contribute to the growth and development of this dynamic organization.
We seek a motivated and results-driven District Manager with solid knowledge of all facets of retail store operations to complement our store operations team.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership planning and staff skills to support successful operations and growth of existing and new stores within a designated district.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Make sound retail business decisions & actions that result in positive contribution to sales performance, customer loyalty and profitability.
- Recruit, select and support qualified store management staff
- Oversee, audit and support the management team to manage key operational functions at each store
- Work with senior operations team to enhance procedures & practices
- Champion and reinforce the Mastermind vision and philosophy at all stores with all staff
- 5 years retail management experience supporting multiple retail locations required
- Post secondary diploma/degree in Business, Retail Management or acceptable combination of education and experience required
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in developing and overseeing a team of retail professionals (from a distance)
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding financial goals: strong business acumen to identify opportunities; generate sales & profit
- Team oriented individual willing to be actively involved in all facets of store operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, inventory and budget software