Masterfeeds Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My Review
Production Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed that position and really enjoyed the coworkers. the labor was not challenging and was not excessive. definitely a position ill miss.
Worst place to work
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee), Picture Butte, ABJuly 1, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours, poor management, lack of communication and teamwork
I worked there for 7 months it was great at first was "guaranteed" hours payed weekly. Then it started going downhill, zero training, zero teamwork, management lied at audits, cooked the books, cared about production and nothing else. Then when it's slow instead of layoffs they cut a couple people's hours to the point of being unable to live all to give extra hours to others. Feed was messed up daily and management yelled at the wrong people staff who had nothing to do with the mess up. They are more than willing to throw you under the bus even other low level grunts will screw something up and put the blame on someone else. Wouldn't work or buy anything there again.
Worst Employer On The Planet
The Man (Former Employee), CanadaOctober 5, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: everything. lack of safety, production is #1, safety is #2
Terrible management team that tries to screw you on your wages, benefits and rights at every corner.
By far the most cold hearted company I have ever worked for.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), London OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: a real people place..everyone is awesome to work with.
Cons: nothing, other than twas a shame i was only a temp!
Masterfeeds was an awesome place to work, I was a temp there for 6 months and they all treated me like I was a regular employee, part of the team. Everyone, right down to the management was a joy to work with, even month end was fun. they even had a get together when my time was up and gave me a copy of the wonderful painting they have hanging in the front lobby...that alone tells you this is a company that really cares about the people who work there ..temps or not..
Feedmill for various meat industries
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Prescott, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: being part of bringing food to your table
Cons: not steady all year round
Well organized work enviornment that had a variety of challenges everyday. I learned about the various feed types for all types of farm animals as well as how to operate a scale and truck loading systems. Being a small mill we were a tight group of employees. The hardest part of the job was if anything went wrong, there was alot of shovelling invovlved! Knowing that I was a part of bringing food to the tables of people was very rewarding.