MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company with training provided
machine operator/ conventional and cnc drills (Former Employee), Peterborough ON.March 1, 2013
I moved around the panel processing department over the years, starting on edgebanders, then to drills and eventually covering the co-ordinater when needed. Most of the management where good to work with and when asked for training when needed, there was never a problem. I enjoyed working for Masterbrand and was upset when the mother company decided – more... to move it state side. – less
Fast-paced & productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 10, 2012
Pros: management will hold cultural events eg folklorama
Cons: not alot of recognition on performances, either good or bad from management
A typical day at work for me is answering inbound calls about order and product concerns. Receiving and processing time sensitive orders. Trouble shooting design concerns with dealers. Working with coworkers in other departments to ensure orders are correct and go through the system quickly.
I have learned several different types of computer systems – more... that are specially for MasterBrand, as well as the intimate details of cabinet making.
Management is good to work with. Mutual cooperation is necessary and easily done. Cooperation with co-workers is also essential to the completion of the orders and customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of this job is sometimes getting exactly what the customer wants or needs, not just in design but in time-line as well. We strive to get the job complete and make the customer happy.
In turn, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer what they want when they need it. Also hearing from a customer that they are happy with our product is always a good thing and makes the day better. – less
Terrible employer.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Goshen, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: it's a job, if you are desperate.
Terrible company for which to work. Underpay employees by 33% of the average for a comparable job at other companies. No meaningful raises are ever given to any employee.

The healthcare benefits were great, but were switched to something extremely sub-par. Now all prescriptions must go through a mail order company, and are frequently late. And can – more... cost 5 - 10x more than what the same medicine would be from a local pharmacy w/out using insurance.

Do not work for this company. – less
Work Life Balance Doesn't Exist in most Roles
HR Employee (Current Employee), Jasper, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: strong place in the market, nice people
Cons: little coaching, no work/life balance
Depending on the department that you work, there is little to no work life balance or the acknowledgement that people need it. Plenty of growth opportunity and career advancement space.
Great job with people.
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Arthur, ILJuly 21, 2014
Love my job at MBCI. I enjoyed working with everyone. Learned a lot about team work. I liked that my opinion was valued.
productive and fun work environment
Shipping (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 18, 2014
shipment for furniture. fast pace environment. major companies
Fun people poor management
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 9, 2014
I love the people that I worked with, even when we had all the overtime. The management just needs a few more improvements due to understanding that people have lives outside of the plant
been awhile
Hazmat Shipper (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJune 14, 2014
but overall good employer to work for. a little too leniant on overtime and cut a whole shift(graveyard) to save money. would work for again though. very good benefits package, 401K, etc..
Very fast paced
Supervisor-Finishing Operations (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJune 5, 2014
Cons: long hours
Every day was a rush deadlines to meet. It was a learning experience for me because of the difference in cabinets and cases. The workforce and management worked together as a team to accomplish the same goal. The hardest part was working the long hours everyday and not knowing when you would be finished.
Productive workplace and enjoyed learning interesting ways of doing things by my manager
Information Technology Internship (Former Employee), Goshen, INJune 2, 2014
Pros: learning developmental skills for the web
Cons: being stuck on something that i could not quite figure out
A typical day at work would include morning meetings with offshore developers and various web designers from the other plants, as well as designed websites for our own plant

I learned database management via SQL Server Management Studio as well as web design via Visual Studio

I loved working with my boss because he is a lot like myself in the sense – more... that he enjoys figuring things out on his own

My co-workers in the IT Department were rather quiet, but they were always helpful when need be

The hardest part of my job was learning how to balance multiple projects I was working on at the same time

The most enjoyable part of my job was the vast knowledge of website development that I gained from it – less
PRODUCTIVE, FUN PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT
warehouse associate (Former Employee), PAMay 21, 2014
3 years of warehouse / shipping kitchen cabinets/ would recommend this job to a friend..
Poor management
Vanity Line Lead (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 1, 2014
Cons: no affordable benefits, no advancement opportunities, and there are no merit increases for associates
To sum up this review quickly, MasterBrands has some management issues that truly need to be addressed considering that the supervisors have no real authority to take action but they also do not possess the knowledge required to accomplish the task that is assigned to them. There are no benefits or compensations for the associates nor is there any chance – more... of career advancement without having a college degree. And as far as job security is concerned, the turn over rate is incredibly high. – less
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinston, NCApril 9, 2014
Great work environment and great people to work for, would recommend to anyone looking for a job
N/A
Multi-Unit Manufacturing Controller (Former Employee), Talladega, ALMarch 23, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Sr. Supwevosir of Credit & Collections
Sr. Supervisor - Credit & Collections (Current Employee), Jasper, INMarch 22, 2014
I manage a team of six Collectors and handle all apects of the channel. I review credit applications and aassign credit limits, track customers that pay beyond terms and strategically target areas of opportunity. By improving processes and ensuring the team is aligned on the goals I have set has allowed my team to set all time records in our channel.
Plant Manager
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2014
Running manufacturing operations, dealing with suppliers and employees
Production
Floater (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: they werent family friendly
I learned to drive multiple pieces of industrial equipment. I had no problem with management other then they had there favorites. Never knowing what I would be doing. Not doing the same thing everyday.
Just a job, no room for growth.
Global Administrative Advisor (Current Employee), Fairdale, KYMarch 10, 2014
This job is a low paying stepping stone. It may be to just pay some bills; however it is a depressing place. There is no room for growth and is about who you know, not what you know. This job would rather deal with consistent failure in leadership roles. This job is not one that anyone is proud of or willing to continue a career.
Productive and comfortable place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 24, 2014
Small plant of a large company, very close relationships between management and employees. Clear and concise job assignments, easy step by step instructions on each position.
Great Place
Finish Trainer (Current Employee), Arthur, IlFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: within 30 miles of my home
Cons: advancement with in company
Training Finish associates, work on team building on a daily basis. Learned alot about lean manufacturing.

1 2 3 4 5

About MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, – Read more

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Photos