MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company with training provided
machine operator/ conventional and cnc drills (Former Employee), Peterborough ON.March 1, 2013
I moved around the panel processing department over the years, starting on edgebanders, then to drills and eventually covering the co-ordinater when needed. Most of the management where good to work with and when asked for training when needed, there was never a problem. I enjoyed working for Masterbrand and was upset when the mother company decided – more... to move it state side. – less
Fast-paced & productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 10, 2012
Pros: management will hold cultural events eg folklorama
Cons: not alot of recognition on performances, either good or bad from management
A typical day at work for me is answering inbound calls about order and product concerns. Receiving and processing time sensitive orders. Trouble shooting design concerns with dealers. Working with coworkers in other departments to ensure orders are correct and go through the system quickly.
I have learned several different types of computer systems – more... that are specially for MasterBrand, as well as the intimate details of cabinet making.
Management is good to work with. Mutual cooperation is necessary and easily done. Cooperation with co-workers is also essential to the completion of the orders and customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of this job is sometimes getting exactly what the customer wants or needs, not just in design but in time-line as well. We strive to get the job complete and make the customer happy.
In turn, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer what they want when they need it. Also hearing from a customer that they are happy with our product is always a good thing and makes the day better. – less
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinston, NCApril 9, 2014
Great work environment and great people to work for, would recommend to anyone looking for a job
N/A
Multi-Unit Manufacturing Controller (Former Employee), Talladega, ALMarch 23, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Sr. Supwevosir of Credit & Collections
Sr. Supervisor - Credit & Collections (Current Employee), Jasper, INMarch 22, 2014
I manage a team of six Collectors and handle all apects of the channel. I review credit applications and aassign credit limits, track customers that pay beyond terms and strategically target areas of opportunity. By improving processes and ensuring the team is aligned on the goals I have set has allowed my team to set all time records in our channel.
Plant Manager
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2014
Running manufacturing operations, dealing with suppliers and employees
Production
Floater (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: they werent family friendly
I learned to drive multiple pieces of industrial equipment. I had no problem with management other then they had there favorites. Never knowing what I would be doing. Not doing the same thing everyday.
Just a job, no room for growth.
Global Administrative Advisor (Current Employee), Fairdale, KYMarch 10, 2014
This job is a low paying stepping stone. It may be to just pay some bills; however it is a depressing place. There is no room for growth and is about who you know, not what you know. This job would rather deal with consistent failure in leadership roles. This job is not one that anyone is proud of or willing to continue a career.
Productive and comfortable place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 24, 2014
Small plant of a large company, very close relationships between management and employees. Clear and concise job assignments, easy step by step instructions on each position.
Great Place
Finish Trainer (Current Employee), Arthur, IlFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: within 30 miles of my home
Cons: advancement with in company
Training Finish associates, work on team building on a daily basis. Learned alot about lean manufacturing.
Very bad management
Mechanic 2 (Former Employee), Talladega Al.January 24, 2014
Pros: good people (workers)
Cons: no advancement (unless your in the click)
No orginization, I worked in maintenance dept. No planning what so ever what ever broke first that is where we were sent. Patially rigging equipment to "get by" and steady working on how to get to work on Saturdays for overtime. Things could have gotten completed during the week was rigged to be done on weekends. Leadership is a failure, The only way – more... to get advanced is to "play the game" hanging out with the plant manager's house so a job would be created and that a person could be advanced without competition. Redkneck politics at it's best. Masterbrand wanted Talladega to be like the other da's with only maintenance people but the building we had is over 80 years old, so the powers to be "local boys" decide to get rid of half the maintenance crew and was hiring temps before we were laid off. I could mention names and go on foever very bad company. They have supervisors that can't even tell you the name of the equipment on their line and they have been with the company 15 yrs, and you can't understand what they are saying when they call.
Very bad company. – less
Huge company with multiple profit channels
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jasper, INJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: no reason not to advance and earn more
Cons: huge company, slow to respond to sale team needs.
MBCI gave me one of my favorite jobs in life. One could grow with the company with hard work, a good attitude and ambition. I was able to more than double my pay within seven years.
Being a huge company, MBCI couldn't respond as quickly to the sales teams needs as a smaller company. But it was able to study the market to follow trends and advertise – more... effectively.
Overall, MBCI was a great place to work. – less
Yuck
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: mgmt, hours
Old style leadership, scare tactics!!

Don't plan on movement in the company. Auburn facility is a dead end!
productive and fun work place.
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 7, 2014
very productive work place nice management and very equal.
Great Place to work!
Line Loader/Line Lead (Former Employee), Littlestown, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: willing to work with the employee
Cons: very warm in the summer and winter.
I really enjoyed my job here and was very disappointed when they had moved to another state.
# 1 Cabinet Company in America
Lead Person (Current Employee), Ferdinand, INJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: competive wage 401k great insurance company paid pto
Cons: not all but some plants are union
Busy busy busy working at Masterbrand Cabinets, I have learned the meaning of a Team, realistic goals, and a working family relationship. the management team are great they strive to provide a safe and productive place to work. with every job you find the person that rubs you the wrong way but all in all my coworkers are kind understanding people that – more... would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. this job is not for people that can not stand or sit for ten to twelve hours a day. the most enjoyable part is knowing that we are number one and we make our customers HAPPY – less
MasterBrand Cabinets Inc
Progressive line worker (Former Employee), Martinsville, VADecember 30, 2013
the company has close down were I live so there nothing much to say about it now
Challenging Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 18, 2013
Pros: nice check
Cons: if the team lacked then we stayed all night long
When I came in we had a meeting to inform us of the orders we had to fulfill for the shift and the team line had to complete the whole order before we left for home. If there was any type of concern then it was addressed to the supervisor of the shift or the head person in charge. Some co-workers were nice and there were some that had a terrible attitude – more... but I came to complete my job and go home whether I made associates or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the pay check that I had worked so hard for. Being able to provide for myself and pay my own bills made me feel uplifting in my spirit. – less
It's Work
Home Warranty Service Technician (Current Employee), Riverside, CADecember 6, 2013
I appreciate the company and enjoy the work. There is a lot of travel involved with this job in my personal vehicle. I visit newly constructed home for final walk through and also make repairs for home owners under their home warranty.
I have a carpentry background with an Associate's Degree in Residential Construction before that.
Cabinet Assembler (Former Employee), Littlestown, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: working with wood in 15 different colors, production mode with decent working conditions.
Cons: not real good pay, very hot in the summer, basically no frills.
I have an earlier Associate's Degree in Residential Construction and years of carpentry experience, so this was a job that I was very good at, making production quantities very consistent, with quality.

The bottom of the cabinet industry took a nose dive in the 2008 area, leaving this plant at large layoff capacity.

1 2 3 4

About MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, – Read more

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Photos