MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at masterbrand
MACHINE OPERATOR- LEVEL 2 (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 2, 2013
You start of with an area meeting and stretching. My day consisted of figuring out what material the table saw operator needed and it was my responsibility to drive a forklift to grab the material, load it to my saw then proceed to cut down various sizes for table saw use. Co-workers are fun and enjoyable so if your looking for humor in the workplace – more... Master Brands may be the place for you. The hardest part of my job was working alone the sheets of material that need to be cut down on average weighs 130 lbs per sheet and they expect you to do it by yourself and not complain bout back problems. Management needs improvement, lack of communication between management and production workers – less
good company with training provided
machine operator/ conventional and cnc drills (Former Employee), Peterborough ON.March 1, 2013
I moved around the panel processing department over the years, starting on edgebanders, then to drills and eventually covering the co-ordinater when needed. Most of the management where good to work with and when asked for training when needed, there was never a problem. I enjoyed working for Masterbrand and was upset when the mother company decided – more... to move it state side. – less
Fast-paced & productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 10, 2012
Pros: management will hold cultural events eg folklorama
Cons: not alot of recognition on performances, either good or bad from management
A typical day at work for me is answering inbound calls about order and product concerns. Receiving and processing time sensitive orders. Trouble shooting design concerns with dealers. Working with coworkers in other departments to ensure orders are correct and go through the system quickly.
I have learned several different types of computer systems – more... that are specially for MasterBrand, as well as the intimate details of cabinet making.
Management is good to work with. Mutual cooperation is necessary and easily done. Cooperation with co-workers is also essential to the completion of the orders and customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of this job is sometimes getting exactly what the customer wants or needs, not just in design but in time-line as well. We strive to get the job complete and make the customer happy.
In turn, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer what they want when they need it. Also hearing from a customer that they are happy with our product is always a good thing and makes the day better. – less
Excellent place to work. Good benefits, decent pay, fun crew.
Offbearer/Loader (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: sense of inclusion with crew, good work out, good pay.
Cons: long hours in shipping.
I personally loved working at Masterbrand. It was fast paced, and sometimes stressful, but the whole crew was ready and willing to help in any way to keep you afloat. Offbearing cabinets is a good way to stay in shape, and there is a lot of walking involved, but at the end of the day you feel like you got something done.
IT office in Grants Pass
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Grants PassNovember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and the people
Cons: lack of process driven management.
Great company to work for if you are at the corporate office.

Remote site management has a hard time seeing the big picture and tends to silo themselves from the rest of the company.

The company has adapted a central help desk, but the factory refuses to call them and expects the site support team to drop everything and fix the issues they are facing – more... no matter how small it is. Most rights and software management is taken care of in the Jasper office.

This position is setup in a weird way. Your boss in in Jasper, but you have a dotted line to the General Manager. The GM does not want you to report to him and will place you under another manager, but expect you to report all your activities to all parties even though it is all tracked via tickets. – less
Who do you know
RELIEF OPERATOR (Former Employee), Arthur, ILNovember 28, 2014
Job is all about who you know not what you know. How brown can you get your nose? I gave 110% of my life to the company and was constantly looked over for advancement opportunities. Management will openly lie to the employees as well. There is no work/life balance. This is a terrible company to work for. Would not recommend this job to anyone I cared – more... about. – less
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Great Work Environment
Sprayer (Former Employee), Kinston, N.C.November 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, good life insurance
Cons: when the company would have slow times certain times of the year.
Masterbrand is a very caring and giving company, I was very happy to work their the work was hectic, fast pace and repetitive. But the pay was great and so were the company quirks and benefits.
Excellent company values. Cares about their employees.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good working enviorment.
Cons: parking lot is gravel. future plans to black top.
Very good place to work. Great benefits. Great management / supervisor team. Company cares about their employees and families. I would recommend this compnay as one of the best in the country to work for.
Company is driven by their 5 basics principles
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
Company is driven to performance excellence and commitment to lean manufacturing principles and quality of products. Unfortunately not all departments are on the same page and at times are competing and conflicting entities. Alot of top notch, hardworking professionals committed to getting the job done.
Their slogan is the furthest from the truth
Sr. Management, (MPS) (Former Employee), Jasper, INOctober 20, 2014
Pros: people are fun to work with
Cons: never know where you will be tomorrow
Company cares more about the $ then your family life. Work you until you break then kick you to the curb and hire new blood
Max accountabiilty, minimum security, maximum hours, min efficiency
Employee (Current Employee), Grants Pass, ORSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: associates work very well together
Cons: no work life balance, minimal rewards.
Salaried employees work excessive hours. Associates are held accountable first instead of processes first. Old data systems add to inefficiencies with no sign of intent to invest. Human Resources fails at the top level through open insults to individuals. Management is obviously overwhelmed in a flood of delegated responsibility with minimal support – more... in guidance. While there is great potential, the company as a whole fails to offer employees much more than a pat on the back followed by a slap on the hand.
Success of such a company would equal inclusion of more robust technology to support inventory flow and time keeping accuracy, addition of something like a room with exercise equipment for membership cost, a one hour lunch instead of 30 minutes and task rotations that keep people from developing injuries. Lastly, utilizing regular associates to fill leadership roles seems impractical and might even be unethical if leadership weren't working in excess of 13 hours daily minimum... – less
Great People
Continuous Improvement (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2014
There was never a typical day. We always had something new to achieve.
Excellent company to work for
Order Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Customer service, scheduled installs, service request, a great company to work for and to advance in.
Terrible employer.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Goshen, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: it's a job, if you are desperate.
Terrible company for which to work. Underpay employees by 33% of the average for a comparable job at other companies. No meaningful raises are ever given to any employee.

The healthcare benefits were great, but were switched to something extremely sub-par. Now all prescriptions must go through a mail order company, and are frequently late. And can – more... cost 5 - 10x more than what the same medicine would be from a local pharmacy w/out using insurance.

Do not work for this company. – less
Work Life Balance Doesn't Exist in most Roles
HR Employee (Current Employee), Jasper, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: strong place in the market, nice people
Cons: little coaching, no work/life balance
Depending on the department that you work, there is little to no work life balance or the acknowledgement that people need it. Plenty of growth opportunity and career advancement space.
Great job with people.
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Arthur, ILJuly 21, 2014
Love my job at MBCI. I enjoyed working with everyone. Learned a lot about team work. I liked that my opinion was valued.
productive and fun work environment
Shipping (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 18, 2014
shipment for furniture. fast pace environment. major companies
Fun people poor management
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 9, 2014
I love the people that I worked with, even when we had all the overtime. The management just needs a few more improvements due to understanding that people have lives outside of the plant
been awhile
Hazmat Shipper (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJune 14, 2014
but overall good employer to work for. a little too leniant on overtime and cut a whole shift(graveyard) to save money. would work for again though. very good benefits package, 401K, etc..
Very fast paced
Supervisor-Finishing Operations (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJune 5, 2014
Cons: long hours
Every day was a rush deadlines to meet. It was a learning experience for me because of the difference in cabinets and cases. The workforce and management worked together as a team to accomplish the same goal. The hardest part was working the long hours everyday and not knowing when you would be finished.

1 2 3 4 5

About MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, – Read more

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Photos