Throughout the company's 80 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction.
The Inventory Clerk must execute inventory control measures to ensure Masonite minimizes stock holding, maximize stock system and paperwork accuracy. Proactively work with purchasing, receiving and shipping to ensure all tasks are carried out correctly. The role and responsibilities will cover locations at Langley, Surrey and Calgary.
- Assist in the development of Masonite’s inventory management system at Langley, Surrey and Calgary locations with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating cost savings rationalizing inventory and maximizing working capital.
- Manage and maintain Masonite’s raw material, WIP and Finished good stock inventory including the stock locations and bins at all three locations
- Manage and maintain packaging inventory stock and monthly cycle counts
- Assist and control perpetual inventory cycle counting and bi-annually physical inventories at all three locations.
- Minimize overstock and the removal of obsolete items/redundant raw materials to maximize working capital at all three locations utilizing the OSMI report.
- Utilize the “Watch an Order” report to drive and enhance inventory management
- Assist in the management of B grade products and the Treasure chest as a mechanism to control stock to acceptable levels through liaising with the sales team.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate inventory standard cost files
- Assist in the management of Bill of Materials (BOM’s) tables and accurate verification of existing and new BOM’s.
- Assist in the analysis of variances to plan in relation to inventory and stock management. And liaise with Finance with respect to inventory adjustments
- Ensure all transactions are completed in compliance with SOX
- Assist and maintain the costing and Gross Margin analysis on all special orders raised by order entry.
- Assist in the Training of new customer service reps in the costing of non-special orders.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Post-secondary education, College Diploma in Operations Management preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of applicable experience with inventory management in a manufacturing industry preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in door building industry an asset
- Proficient with Computers and MS Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Masterpak software
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Manage difficult problems and diffusing problems with supplies, customs, receiving etc
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply at:
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Masonite.