- Responsible for identifying and implementing product design changes leading to reduced product costs in the manufacturing and purchase of manual and electronic plumbing products that satisfy customer needs and business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in identifying opportunities to modify product designs leading to lower product costs. This includes geometry modifications, material selection, and functional performance changes.
- Carry out value engineering events to identify potential savings and create a standard event format for repeatable results.
- Work with Masco sister companies such as Delta Faucet and Hansgrohe to establish best practices for value engineering project identification, analysis, screening, and implementation.
- Ensure product modifications comply with applicable regulatory standards and requirements, including the submittal of products for certification with the appropriate agencies (e.g. CSA).
- Ensure through analysis and testing that cost reduction design modifications meet or exceed current Masco standards for performance.
- Using analytical tools such as DFMEA, FEA, and lean principles, propose design changes that can be implemented quickly and will lead to equal or improved product accepted by our customers.
- Understand current advances in technology and advise on possible applications of these technologies in plumbing products.
- Support for Engineering systems administration including preparation of bills of materials, engineering change bulletins and project status reports.
- Will be required to report out to the Director of Engineering and other Masco Canada executive on the realized and implemented cost reduction project status throughout the fiscal period.
- Generate test plans and perform testing and analysis of proprietary and competitor’s products, including the efficient preparation of high quality technical reports.
- University or college graduate of an Electro/Mechanical Engineering program or related field
- Engineering-related professional experience preferred, however new grads also welcome to apply. Ideally, 1 - 2 years experience.
- Meeting the academic requirements for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) or Certified Engineering Technologist in the Province of Ontario.
ADDITIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiar with the application of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and software to support these analysis.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as machining, plating, injection molding and overmolding.
- Must be a self starter, have a healthy sense of urgency and a bias for action.
- Persuasive communicator and skilled negotiator. Problem solving skills and able to identify and resolve design risks.
- Experience working within a formal new product development system (Stage-Gate® would be an asset).