Reports to: Supervisor of Product Engineering.
Experience and Skills required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment. Preference is for manufacturing that involved the machining or forming of metals.
- Minimum education level required is a technologist, preference give to a mechanical or design major.
- Experience with the redesign of components for the purpose of cost reduction or improvements to products. Experience with value engineering techniques and software would be advantageous.
- Capable of designing product, modifying product designs and developing prototypes. Establish testing requirements and oversee proof of design.
- Analyze design to improve product performance and quality. Design components to reduce assembly errors (Poke-Yoke)
- Knowledge of product and component development using practices such as design verification plan and report (DVP&R) and failure mode effect analysis (FMEA).
- Familiar with technical information received from external suppliers such as material specifications, test methods and interpret drawings.
- Ability to modify and maintain existing drawings.
- Proficient in Pro Engineer Wild Fire 2, Creo or similar CAD program.
- Knowledgeable with power point, excel, word and also have a working knowledge of JDE and team center or similar MRP and vault system.
- Has knowledge of manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, assembly, component cleaning.
- Familiar with Canadian and US codes and standards (for example the national building code and the CSA B125 standards for plumbing).
- Familiar with test methods and have the capability to develop test procedures for products and components.
- Have experience in creating engineering change bulletins and the knowledge to analyze and modify bill of materials.
- Be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision to meet project completion dates.
- Must have attention to detail, organizational skill and excellent problem solving skills. Ability to work within a team, and take a leadership role in team projects involving cross functional departments.
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Representing companies and brands that have over 100 years of experience in the Canadian marketplace, Masco Canada brings relevant, smart...