This position is available under the Ontario Youth Employment Fund.
Eligibility: Youth aged 15 - 29, who are out of work and out of school
The Mary-am Group of Companies is one of Canada's fastest growing service organizations. The group consists of several divisions dedicated in providing their clients with the highest level of quality, value, and service. For almost 15 years The Mary-am Group of Companies have been focused on creating opportunity in their communities. The Group gains strength through its involvement in different industries.
The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
The Human Resources assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the HR director, and assists company managers with HR issues.
The HR Assistant has partial responsibility for these areas:
- Recruiting and staffing logistics.
- Performance management and improvement tracking systems.
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and record keeping.
- Employee relations.
- Company-wide committee facilitation and participation.
- Company employee communication.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Development of job descriptions.
- Development and or improvement of Employee Handbooks.
- HR policy development.
- Compliance with the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Required Skills & Experience:
- University degree or college diploma with a MAJOR in Human Resources from a North American institution.
- Minimum six months of experience in a Human Resources position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to multitask and adhere to strict deadlines while maintaining an acute attention to detail
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Strong research skills. Able to effectively look up new information using various sources.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Hours and Compensation:
Four to Six Month Contract ($1,750.00 per month) or $11 per hour, whichever greater.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (flexible, negotiable)
Company lunch day every Friday!
This position is available under the Ontario Youth Employment Fund. Eligibility: Youth aged 15 - 29, who are out of work and out of school.
You may also receive a certificate of appreciation and letter of recommendation from our CEO upon successful completion of your contract. Based on performance, you may receive a contract extension.
We are looking for someone to start work immediately.