Mary Browns Employee Reviews

Busy Workplace
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2017
Working as a cashier at Mary Browns taught me how to multitask and work under pressure. It was a fun experience dealing with different customers and handling their complaints.
Mary Browns
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL13 November 2017
Is good place to work. Very fast pace. Got to work with people of different ages and got to meet new people. Have to be patient cause have to deal with customers with complains about food and orders
Good workplace if your a student
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people are nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. Management was nice and understanding. Pay was very low at minimum wage for most entry jobs. Overall, the job was decent for students or part-time work but not for a career.
Pros
discounted foods
Cons
overworked
It just sucks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax ns6 November 2017
no idea how to run a business and management don’t know head from bum to be honest not worth your time this place keep on to the next one if they took care for employees and worked with them instead of just leaving it to then to work out
great team atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 September 2017
Micro managing owner, ruined the experience at the store.
Great team work
Team members were like family
unsteady "full time" hours
open ended promises - not met
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 September 2017
great place to work, always meet new people. The management is great. Love being able to take time off the cash to help prepare foo for the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
managment made this job difficult
Cashier/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS19 August 2017
I had an unpleasant experience working at Mary browns due to bullying and lack of proper management and support in that job.
However this was flawed i do believe that the atmosphere and presentation they show to the public is done well.
great work environment great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON13 August 2017
was a great job to work at everyone was awesome to work with the customers were even friendly. there wasn't hard parts of the job. pretty easy going job.
Great learning
Cash and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 June 2017
This is where I was able to learn the basics for my key holding as well as Basic food prep and Kitchen handling. I dealt with a lot of customers as well. All in all, Good Job.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Bad hours
Kitchen Helper
Kitchen Helper, Freshwater Rd (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 June 2017
It was an awesome job because I got the opportunity to work with my close high school friends throughout my years attending high school. I learned the value of managing time and multi-tasking.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Hot in the kitchen
It was ok
Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 May 2017
it was ok i like it i learned alot in there and deal alot of different people I also like working with the boss every day he wasa the same age as me so we got along really good and alot in comman
Mary Browns
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL2 May 2017
Mary Browns was great. I learned how to be more social and the staff was just great, especially everyone was very nice and it prepared me for future jobs. I belive the hardest part of my job was cupping get the salads because there always had to be alot cupped. I belive the easiest part was cleaning the floor because there was not a lot of pressure on you.
Pros
Not very busy
Cons
Rude customer
Mary Browns Angus Review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON19 April 2017
Mary Browns in Angus Ontario from my experience was actually not too bad although short lived was not bad for a Highschooler in the area. Management was poor at the time of my employment and Hours were excellent.
Pros
Free Food at End of Shift
Cons
Poor Management
Fun to work , great staff, lots of responsibilities.
Alll positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
Worked there for over a year, great gob, great staff that is easy to communicate with, provides excellent job experience and teacher how to handle lots of responsibilities training person's ability to multitask.
Pros
easy to work
Cons
strict schedule is not very flexible if a day off needed
okay basic employment
asst manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
the average days was a very hectic not the most structured day although i don't believe that its the same at all locations. I was able to learn how the nine cut whole chickens.
Easy going and simple.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 March 2017
Mary Browns was a good company to work for and I did enjoy it for the time being however hours given to me keep getting smaller & the work environment became extremely negative. At the start of my time being with the company the most enjoyable part was just coming to work, everyone was kind and everyone liked everyone. Every night seemed to be the same which I was totally ok with. The hardest part of this job was leaving it but it came down to a choice between money or enjoying the work place so unfortunately I had to say goodbye.
Good Job for first job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 February 2017
Mary Brown's is a great place to start working. There is already a customer base because of it being a canadian company and it being a staple in the Maritimes. Good place to work overall
fast past and a great time!
Cook/Server/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL28 February 2017
I personally found this a fun place to work for and my coworkers were a laugh, I love having another hard worker with me so we can shoot threw the day and make it easier for everyone around us by doing that much more!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working in very hot temps with the cookers
Good job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lewisporte, NL22 February 2017
This job gives you lots of different things to learn & do. Many different aspect of the company to learn. The best thing is to learn them all, that way you can move around to different job as you are needed. Overall, giving you are better job experience.
Positive fast paced motivated work environment
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 February 2017
At Mary Browns things were quite fast paced. The team was strong and worked together well for the most part. Management was firm but supportive and positive. The hardest part of the job was coming in at 4:30 am to unlock and unload truck. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching people grow in there skills and efficiency.