Marv Holland Apparel Ltd (MHA) is seeking a VP Sales professional with a solid sales background, strong leadership and relationship building skills to lead the Canada-wide Sales Organization.
At MHA you would be a part of a friendly, progressive organization that embraces change and creates opportunity. We have a passion for individual and company growth, we believe in spirited teamwork and have the desire for perpetual innovation. Success is achieved through a collaboration of quality products and service and employee ability and contribution skills that has made us the leading apparel manufacturer and distribution company since 1948.
General Overview & Objectives:
Reporting to the President, the VP Sales will lead and direct the Canadian-wide sales organization by creating strategic plans to increase the revenues, generate company growth, drive sales profitability and develop new business while maintaining budgetary objectives. The VP Sales will be a savvy sales professional with strong leadership & relationship building skills that utilizes professional sales techniques to deliver quality results and generate long-term customer loyalties. In addition, the VP Sales must be a strong coach and mentor with the ability to lead a team of sales professionals through an effective and efficient end to end sales cycle.
o Head of Canadian Sales
o Responsible for developing US market until we recruit a VP US Sales
· Strategy & Planning
o Lead the creation of a national sales strategy to achieve significant market growth in our targeted segments (Oil & Gas, Utilities, Mining, Steel and Wildfire)
o Implement national strategy, responsible for assessing, recommending and implementing the optimal sales channel structure (direct, retail, distributor etc)
o Work with VP Marketing to continue to develop and implement MHA’s lead generation and nurturing programs
o Determine and implement business objectives, activities and tactics to achieve targeted business results
o Provide leadership, mentoring, development of a national sales team in all channels in Canada
o Recruit and retain the best sales and business development employees
o Develop and implement training programs for all sales, lead gen and marketing employees.
o Prepare annual business plan to achieve the company’s objective of growing to $100M in revenues over the next medium term planning cycle
o Prepare annual business plans to achieve annual targets
o Prepare quarterly forecasts on expected year end results based on YTD results
o Provide monthly guidance on current quarters expected performance
o Develop effective sales operating rhythm (processes etc)
o Attend key industry conferences, events and speaking opportunities if deemed to strategically support MHA’s goal of becoming the leading FR garment company in Canada
- Work with the President to develop Canada-wide business plans, detailing strategies and activities that will drive to exceed sales quotas.
- Identify and follow leads that deliver new clients and or business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ensure contact with all clients is professionally maintained to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and retention.
- Create and conduct effective client presentations.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotes.
- Meets Canadian-wide sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the industry; keep abreast of the competition, competitive issues and products.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Work extensively with the Management team to report out on company sales objectives, current standings, trends, new business development.
- Actively leads and supports a positive, proactive, results oriented work culture that is regarded by peers and stakeholders as innovative and demonstrative of the Company’s values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective team relationships with all support staff.
Direct, manage and lead the Canadian-wide sales team.
· In conjunction with Human Resources, participate in corporate succession planning activities, write and deliver employee reviews, employee sales incentive program and aim to create a positive working, friendly work environment.
· Helps establish and uphold policies and guidelines for operational excellence and regulatory compliance.
· Other duties that may arise as assigned by the President.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership in a corporate setting with a strong growth record
- Advanced or Professional degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience at a Corporate Senior Management level in sales.
- Strong understanding market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven experience to both lead strategically while also working hands-on when required.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities and territory development through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with the Management team.
- Competency to apply influence and negotiation skills to drive business results.
- Ability to develop a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client feedback and industry trends.
- Solid understanding of business metrics concepts and reporting.
- Detail-oriented with strong time-management skills;
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to think ‘outside the box’ to maximize Company growth and business development.
- Pro-active, self-starter with the ability to use creative initiatives in maximizing sales revenues.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications include excel, power point, word and Customer Relationship Management (CRA) systems.
- Ability to legally travel and work with the Canada-wide sales team, vendors, factories and external professionals.
We offer a competitive compensation package with full benefits.
Marv Holland Apparel thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please