Martushev Logging Employee Reviews

Grapple skidder operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week. I was paid monthly and was able to bank overtime. As with any job the length of time doing one thing is also interesting, I was sitting for 12 hours a day so I enjoyed the lunch breaks to be able to stretch.
difficult
Heavy Equipment Operator(BUTT'N'TOP) (Former Employee) –  Plamondon, AB9 October 2017
at first the job seemed good the pay was better then other companies in the area but it quickly became clear why the pay was good..the machines where poorly taken care of the management of the company was poor and the over all effectiveness was poor
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Exciting and Challenging
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2017
Excellent opportunity for growth and learning. Young fast growing company with excellent advancement opportunity. Never a dull moment. However because of our lack of structure and processes majority of days are spent fighting fires, which in turn produces massive inefficiencies.
Steady going
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Plamondon, AB10 April 2017
It was good a place pay wasn't the best. The bosses and foreman were easy to work with and get a long. Nobody was better than anyone. Worked as a team
Pros
Day goes by
Cons
Cheap pay
excellent group of people with in the company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2016
lots of experienced group of people in the company as it grew into oilfield projects as well as the logging industry. as safety played a big roll in these fields. we got to learn lots of the basic fundamentals and structure of the safety CORE. the hardest part of the job was putting my own safety guidelines within my company. the most part is i got it all done.
Pros
lots of hours/on call 24/7 as tow cat
Cons
Alright company, but wouldn't reccommend others.
heavy euipment operator (Former Employee) –  bonneville, ab6 April 2016
The pay was good, but when it came to practicing safety, it was a fail. They also didn't pay overtime, just flat rate for hours.
Pros
good hours, paid accomadations
Cons
doesn't pay overtime and doesn't provide loa or repayment for food.