MARTINREA

MARTINREA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
GM Canada (Current Employee), pickeringNovember 18, 2013
Good company, average pay with good benefits.

Looking for something better
productive seals and trims for cars
Maintenance Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee), 6655 north west dr. mississauga, ontarioOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good team
Cons: far from home
maintenance and fabricate plant equipment: compresses, chillers,roll mills,presses, benders, injection, extrusion machines, platforms, guards,work tables,rails and etc.
A healthy workplace where dependability & enthusiasm is rewarded.
Lead Hand - Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: mutual respect with management cooperative team effort.
Cons: rotating shift work
A typical day at work would be punching a time clock, checking emails for work projects and expectations for the shift. I assist the Supervisor in preparing all shift schedules and work stations for the shift. I give orientation for any new workers. I open the batches for scanning. Then I do my rounds to make sure everyone has the necessary supplies – more... and that production in each station is operating safely to company health and safety standards. I continuously do rounds throughout the day to ensure that each employee has their necessary breaks and that their production is up the requirements. At the end of the shift I restock for the next shift, I log off, I send end of shift report to Quality Assurance and Plant Manager and the Supervisor for the next shift. I punch out and head home to my kids.

At Martinrea, I have learned management and communication skills. I have learned the value of being fair, firm and to never show favoritism. I have also reconfirmed that honesty is the best policy.

I have enjoyed working with the management at Martinrea. We have a mutual respect and understanding as team players.

My co-workers are very professional, supportive and cooperative and we welcome open communication with each other.

The hardest part of the job is working the afternoon shift and not being home with my children for the evenings.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working together as a team and meeting and surpassing company expectations.

The only reason I would leave Martinrea is to get a long term night shift enabling me to be home in the mornings and evenings with my children. – less
Terrible Work
temp (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: always temp so a pro is you won't be there long
Cons: for 10hr work day, you get 40mins for breaks and lunch...
If u are looking for something temp that sucks, work here. If u want a place that isn't going to wreck your body, dont work here.
Assembaly line work
Operator (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2013
working several different stations during a shift
bolting parts on a chassis
Good overtime and low pay
press operator (Former Employee), brampton, ontarioOctober 18, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: not exact same time for breaks
very good and helpful people on floor, a lot of overtime but Horrible management. Once you got hire don't expect raise from them only thing you can expect is more stress and work that does not even come into your job description. They just want to pay you less and make you do more work, without hiring another body to make the job easier for the employee.
Just a number to them. Good people, horrible management.
Toolmaker (Former Employee), Vaughn, OnJuly 2, 2012
Pros: paid lunch, average medical benefits package
Cons: no job security, no profit sharing, pension plan, rrsp contributions or even a year end bonus, rather than receiving a raise you are told to work overtime, management is trained to push employees, which is extremely stressful, morale sucks
I was with them for over 5 years and really enjoyed the people I worked around, lots of hard working people who were willing to put up with just about anything.

Its a great place to work while looking for work. Its not a career, its a job.
nice place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Springfield, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: lots of overtime
nice people work there
lots of overtime
they enjoy people being on time
Productive and growing company
Repair Welder (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMay 5, 2014
Pros: great money while working 7 days a week
Cons: never having time off for much family time
While I was working 7 days a week 8 to 12 hours I noticed many thing about this company. I did the same repairs and same inspection on a daily basis. Most of the issues with the parts were the same faults everyday. Same repairs and same day to day duties. I did receive a great career with Martinrea I was welding certified and a great work ethic. The – more... functions in my day to day duties where never a hard part of work but with welds being torn or missed, it did make the job stressful at times. The people who I worked with were great co workers with awesome attitudes to the trade of welding. In saying it made the process of repairing and learning how to become a better welder most enjoyable. – less
good place
Set up tech / Maintenance (Current Employee), north vernonApril 21, 2014
its a ok place to work, not much more to say they don't really care about people
good well paying job, very stressful environment
forklift driver (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYApril 17, 2014
Pros: well paying job
Cons: short breaks or none at all, 7 day work weeks, no time off to relax
very fast paced environment, learned about production environment, management was unorganized,the hardest part was dealing with the stress
productive and very good work place
Nylon Bending Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, MIApril 8, 2014
experience working with plastics tubes and brake lines also driving the forklift
It's okay, depends on you
Production Associate (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMarch 25, 2014
I thought the atmosphere was ok. It was a basic assembly line job with managers having their favorites. If you were new, you had the harder jobs than people who had been there awhile. I also didn't like that you had to work 3rd shift for years until you became eligible for another shift and that was based on seniority. The pay was nice, especially when – more... you have to work 7 days/12hours a day, but then you had no life outside of work. If you're a person who doesn't mind the work your butt off, sleep all day, work all night life, go ahead. If you're like me with a wife and kids, it's okay at first but won't last too long. – less
Liked working here
Acid Etch/Ultrasonic Technician (Current Employee), Jonesville, MIMarch 11, 2014
Taking customers orders delivering parts, learned alot about cars.
Good all around place to work.
Robotic Technician (Current Employee), Jonesville, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to start to learn new things.
Great people willing to show you anything and teach you.
An okay job, not a good career.
Glycol Tank Operator/Manual Nylon Tube Bender (Former Employee), ManchesterJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: overtime, paid vacation/personal time
Cons: poor communication, poor management
I should start by saying that Martinrea is still a growing company, despite having a global presence. They have recently been picking up a lot of contracts through the big car companies, a bit more than they can handle. Poor communication followed by unqualified management hinders production and creates an unpleasant turnover rate on new hires. They – more... are unwilling to spend money where it is needed and instead blow it on major, albeit useless, renovations. This company is great if you are just entering the work force or need a job bad. You will get plenty of OT and their benefits are okay. To me this is by no means a career as there is little to no chance for promotion. If you need a job, go here, if you're looking for opportunity you are best suited elsewhere. – less
Good people. Great company. Long hours.
Manual MIG Welder (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 24, 2014
Good people. Great company. Long hours. Management doesn't know what they are doing. Very smoky environment.
producation
Production (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: some of the people
My day was busy all day at which i liked.It was fast paced. Worked alot of hours but i enjoyed that cause it gave me more money that i could use on bills and towards my kids.
Clean Productive Factory
General Operator (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: clean environment, nice employees
Cons: short breaks
The workers were nice to be around, the hours were good along with the pay, Management was understanding to situations.
unsafe and not organized
Assembly (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYNovember 13, 2013
Forklift drivers don't watch where they go. Machines were very unsafe. several have died here.

1 2 3