MARTINREA

MARTINREA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
management needs to change.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees are ok
Cons: Don't get me started.
I've worked for them for over two years and they have done nothing but screw me over and over again. Once I was hired on I've gotten no real raise but the penny (yes not a joke a PENNY) they gave me for a raise. They are laying a lot of full timers off in the Ajax and Pickering plant to make room for temp workers, all to save a few dollars. A large group of employees have complaints filed with the labour board. You will work hard for nothing but a knife in your back. If you work a 12 hour day all you will get is two 10 min breaks and a 20 min lunch. Don't trust anyone!!!!
productive, make parts all day everyday
unnommnus (Current Employee), ajaxOctober 16, 2014
Pros: gift cards for celebratory holidays (thanks giving, dads day, moms day, easter ect. and benefits.
Cons: for temps if you make one mistake your walked out the door in front of everyone, wage is basic nothing special.
start the day with hearing from co-workers the issues that occurred from the other shifts. I have learned a lot about assemblies and how a chassis of a car works and is assembled. management can be pretty cold for the most part. the hardest part of my job would be the stress that comes when you work a shift you don't like there is a very long process for you to get it changed. There is no future of advancement in this company. There is employee appreciation events maybe 2 to 3 times a year. one's a BBQ, a picnic then a Christmas lunch in. only down fall about all that is the only one that's not on your working shift is the Picnic. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with everyone is generally nice and willing to help any one struggling
Factory enviroment
GM affiliate (Former Employee), Ajax ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good people, well run
• Building front ends, rear ends, breaks, and struts of Camero V6’s and V8’s, Buick GL’s, GK’s, GK2, GK3, and GS. The Cadillac line will begin soon.
• Learned almost all operations in three weeks including: the Vertical line (Breaks and struts), the Horizontal line (front end assembly), and the Rear line (rear end).
• Perform all operations between 20 sec to 40 sec, at least forty hours a week.
• Often worked two stations at one time. Learned and qualified an average of two stations a day.
• Using a variety of tools (Hydraulic lift assists, automated torque wrenches, scanning guns, touch screen interfaces,)
• Operations included placing the frame on a jig buy lift assist, properly bolting the frame, nutting the bolts, torquing the nuts. Placing and fastening struts. Placing stickers, scanning stickers. Placing and fastening any and all sensors. Unpacking and properly repacking shipping containers. Assisting co-workers to speed production.
Productive and great company
Production Worker (Current Employee), Pickering, ONDecember 16, 2013
I enjoy working for Martinrea. Great environment, wonderful co-workers. Keeps you busy.
productive
GM Canada (Current Employee), pickeringNovember 18, 2013
Good company, average pay with good benefits.

Looking for something better
productive seals and trims for cars
Maintenance Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee), 6655 north west dr. mississauga, ontarioOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good team
Cons: far from home
maintenance and fabricate plant equipment: compresses, chillers,roll mills,presses, benders, injection, extrusion machines, platforms, guards,work tables,rails and etc.
A healthy workplace where dependability & enthusiasm is rewarded.
Lead Hand - Acting Supervisor (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: mutual respect with management cooperative team effort.
Cons: rotating shift work
A typical day at work would be punching a time clock, checking emails for work projects and expectations for the shift. I assist the Supervisor in preparing all shift schedules and work stations for the shift. I give orientation for any new workers. I open the batches for scanning. Then I do my rounds to make sure everyone has the necessary supplies and that production in each station is operating safely to company health and safety standards. I continuously do rounds throughout the day to ensure that each employee has their necessary breaks and that their production is up the requirements. At the end of the shift I restock for the next shift, I log off, I send end of shift report to Quality Assurance and Plant Manager and the Supervisor for the next shift. I punch out and head home to my kids.

At Martinrea, I have learned management and communication skills. I have learned the value of being fair, firm and to never show favoritism. I have also reconfirmed that honesty is the best policy.

I have enjoyed working with the management at Martinrea. We have a mutual respect and understanding as team players.

My co-workers are very professional, supportive and cooperative and we welcome open communication with each other.

The hardest part of the job is working the afternoon shift and not being home with my children for the evenings.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working together as a team and meeting and surpassing company expectations.

The only reason I would leave Martinrea is to get a long term night shift enabling me to be home in the mornings and evenings with my children.
Terrible Work
temp (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: always temp so a pro is you won't be there long
Cons: for 10hr work day, you get 40mins for breaks and lunch...
If u are looking for something temp that sucks, work here. If u want a place that isn't going to wreck your body, dont work here.
Assembaly line work
Operator (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2013
working several different stations during a shift
bolting parts on a chassis
Good overtime and low pay
press operator (Former Employee), brampton, ontarioOctober 18, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: not exact same time for breaks
very good and helpful people on floor, a lot of overtime but Horrible management. Once you got hire don't expect raise from them only thing you can expect is more stress and work that does not even come into your job description. They just want to pay you less and make you do more work, without hiring another body to make the job easier for the employee.
Just a number to them. Good people, horrible management.
Toolmaker (Former Employee), Vaughn, OnJuly 2, 2012
Pros: paid lunch, average medical benefits package
Cons: no job security, no profit sharing, pension plan, rrsp contributions or even a year end bonus, rather than receiving a raise you are told to work overtime, management is trained to push employees, which is extremely stressful, morale sucks
I was with them for over 5 years and really enjoyed the people I worked around, lots of hard working people who were willing to put up with just about anything.

Its a great place to work while looking for work. Its not a career, its a job.