Pros: good people, well run
• Building front ends, rear ends, breaks, and struts of Camero V6’s and V8’s, Buick GL’s, GK’s, GK2, GK3, and GS. The Cadillac line will begin soon.
• Learned almost all operations in three weeks including: the Vertical line (Breaks and struts), the Horizontal line (front end assembly), and the Rear line (rear end).
• Perform all operations between 20 sec to 40 sec, at least forty hours a week.
• Often worked two stations at one time. Learned and qualified an average of two stations a day.
• Using a variety of tools (Hydraulic lift assists, automated torque wrenches, scanning guns, touch screen interfaces,)
• Operations included placing the frame on a jig buy lift assist, properly bolting the frame, nutting the bolts, torquing the nuts. Placing and fastening struts. Placing stickers, scanning stickers. Placing and fastening any and all sensors. Unpacking and properly repacking shipping containers. Assisting co-workers to speed production.