Martinrea International Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONFebruary 9, 2016
This is a fast pace environment. The work load can be challenging at times. I enjoyed my time here but now look forward to a part time job which is more attuned to working with animals and being creative
people were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONDecember 31, 2015
A typical day at work, I would go in clock in, get my work stuff out my locker, and then check the work bored where I was working then sit in the cafe and talk to my shift started then go and do what I was an assignment to do that day. Quilty control, packing parts, working on lines, working by myself, working without people, working with close supervision and at times none at all. The hardest part of the job was most the time working on call so not knowing when I would be working and when I would not but at it would have been packing some the larger parts of the big press due to my smaller height.
My favorite part was working on the one line that was fast paced and the people that I would work with on that line I worked really well with.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
was tempory part time worker for 3 years
Productive and a great place to work for.
Production Worker-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 11, 2015
Typical day at work consist of 8 hours a day, 40 hour a week. I was a punch press operator. What I learned was to meet production on time and work as a team. Management was great they just wanted you to do your job right and safely. Co-workers were great to work with very hard working. The hardest part of the job is to work with others that don't take there job seriously and don't care about production. The most satisfying part of the job was you felt appreciated from management when you do your job the right way.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
Plant closer
Friendly atmosphere, Productive environment.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 21, 2015
This company is a fast paced environment, need to be very attentive to detail, problem solving and good computer skills.
Good, steady, fast paced work environment.
Hand Welder/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONNovember 4, 2015
Was a good place to work but do to lack of new contracts, the company laid of 80 % of the work force. There was generally plenty of voluntary overtime for the workers. We knew our jobs and were able to transfer positions if a new posting was available.
Pros
great benefit package.
Cons
lack of advancement.
worst company ever
assemblyman (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON @ KitchenerOctober 6, 2015
Just a bottom feeding company. I worked at Kitchener frame and Ridgetown under this company. No respect for workers and management tries to use intimidation to motivate workers. Hope they go bankrupt soon!
Pros
days end
Cons
days start
Fast paced Exciting environment
Production Supervisor/Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax OntarioSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day started with a meeting between all departments, Followed by attendance and ensuring all personnel started the shift on time. Correcting any issues that arise on a day to day basis and planning for future projects. Management was supportive however sometimes to secretive. Co Workers were an exceptional group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the issues that arose on a daily basis as this was a challenge and exciting
JIT work
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ajaxSeptember 14, 2015
steady work
learned to become a great leader
enjoy working with employee
clean and organized
automotive
diversified and competitive
5's and lean manufactured
excellent customer service
provide great quality product to customer
A typical productive and learning environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
As a team leader there I learned the first management skills with leading a tem of 22 persons at a time. Skill development is good and easy to pace learning environment.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONJune 15, 2015
I was a dedicated employee for 20 years and retired , I enjoyed working in all areas of the plant , from a press operator to setting up transfers. I found learning all these different jobs an exciting experience. I learned to be a team player and would run for committees such as health and safety , communication and anything which benefit the people I worked with. Management , supervisors and myself had great communication. I found the fumes from the welders which I also worked on hard on my lungs. I enjoyed doing different jobs and found I could accomplish most task easy.
Pros
great benifits, and learning new things all the time
Cons
fumes from welders and it being very loud at some work cells
management needs to change.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 12, 2015
I've worked for them for over two years and they have done nothing but screw me over and over again. Once I was hired on I've gotten no real raise but the penny (yes not a joke a PENNY) they gave me for a raise. They are laying a lot of full timers off in the Ajax and Pickering plant to make room for temp workers, all to save a few dollars. A large group of employees have complaints filed with the labour board. You will work hard for nothing but a knife in your back. If you work a 12 hour day all you will get is two 10 min breaks and a 20 min lunch. Don't trust anyone!!!!
Pros
Fellow employees are ok
Cons
Don't get me started.
productive
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONMarch 13, 2015
keeps you busy and team work lot a of good peolple who care about there work and the pay is good clean work place machine run good when they run
Pros
good pay
Cons
needs more steady work
Good company to work for.
PRODUCTION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
Veryry fast paced environment, learned about production environment, management .
Safe and healthy work environment.
Very co-operative co-workers.
Long days
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Working 10 hour shifts 4 days a week in a hot environment, because of the welding robots. Switching over every 2 weeks from days to afternoons
overall good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. unfortunately they closed the plant I worked in. I did not feel valued as an employee in spite of my contributions.
Pros
allow you to work independently
Cons
job security
Martinrea is a good place to work,it is a busy place but still comfortable.
Tool & Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONJanuary 14, 2015
We have a variety of different jobs, when the jobs are assigned we complete our jobs if assistance is needed they are there.
Repetitive
Production (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 26, 2014
do the same job 358 times a day.
however i did learn to actually work meaning better work ethic
management has its ups and downs
coworkers are best part
hardest part of job is to not look at clock
most enjoyable part is clocking out
Pros
coworkers
Cons
very little advancement
not the worst, not the best
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  650 finley, ajax, ontrarioDecember 23, 2014
management issues
easy work, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive
lunches are paid
Pros
lunches are paid
Cons
management issues
the old owner tysen krupp were a way better company
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONDecember 20, 2014
i ran all sorts of equipment from 400 ton presses, welders to robotics, motoman and funuc robots i was trained in points and all things like such then i wanted to learn more so i went on to transfer and i learned everything about 800ton and 1500ton transfer presses hms systems coil feeders and so on but now i am laid off due to loss of work .
productive, make parts all day everyday
unnommnus (Current Employee) –  ajaxOctober 16, 2014
start the day with hearing from co-workers the issues that occurred from the other shifts. I have learned a lot about assemblies and how a chassis of a car works and is assembled. management can be pretty cold for the most part. the hardest part of my job would be the stress that comes when you work a shift you don't like there is a very long process for you to get it changed. There is no future of advancement in this company. There is employee appreciation events maybe 2 to 3 times a year. one's a BBQ, a picnic then a Christmas lunch in. only down fall about all that is the only one that's not on your working shift is the Picnic. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with everyone is generally nice and willing to help any one struggling
Pros
gift cards for celebratory holidays (thanks giving, dads day, moms day, easter ect. and benefits.
Cons
for temps if you make one mistake your walked out the door in front of everyone, wage is basic nothing special.

Martinrea International Reviews by Location