Martinrea International Employee Reviews

Dont work there
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2017
Money machine no life. Horrble managment get used if your a good worker make you do the hardest ops. If your fat and lazy or women you get to work the press or easy ops. Rotate 3 shifts no sleep always tired. Teamleaders walk around like there king but really just aholess. Id rather be homeless then work there again.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Working there
fabco
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON7 July 2017
You come to work, and go into the plant punch in at the clock for the shift. Go speek to the shift supervisor and receive your job for the night or what ever shift that you are on.
Work till you bleed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 June 2017
Not a stressful place but hard to get on full time and pay isn't very good. Most shifts are weird hours and not too many people stay there because of the low income
Pros
Free work shirts
Cons
Bad pay
good workplace
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 June 2017
good place to work , good management and supervisors. it only has 2 10 minute breaks and a 20 minute lunch but they are paid . Its closing in July so thats why im no longer there.
Pros
2 free lunches a month
Favoritism is #1
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON5 June 2017
Generally a terrible atmosphere. Some people are awarded free lunch and others who work hard are awarded more work. Plant manager has favorite group of butt kissers.
Pros
leaving work
Cons
getting to work
work hard, play hard
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 May 2017
-Great autonomy
-Supervisors provide guidance and opportunities
-flexible start time as long as you get your work done
-need to work overtime frequently
-open office
Pros
teamwork culture
unorganized and overly demanding
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 March 2017
12 to 18 changeovers on the midnight shift with limited forklift operators. zero changeovers on other shifts and an abundance of forklift operators with nothing to do. warehouse has zero organizational systems in place, and very unsafe for all employees.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
unorganized, poorly managed.
Friendly Environment
Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
Martinrea international make products which used in auto industries such as Ford Automotive. People working well in friendly and safe environment. Salary and benefits are good but not excellent. But it is a good Industry overall.
Day
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2017
My experience at Martinrea was quite fun I met a lot people close to my age range that i still consider friends and often get in touch with even after my employment.i enjoyed the people, the management were not very well considered but i still enjoyed going to work.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
management
Typical Factory Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 January 2017
Was responsible for the production and manufacturing of car suspension systems for Cadillacs, Buicks, and Camaro's. In an 8 hr shift we were required to build a x amount of parts so that GM could build x amount of cars per day. If we fell behind, GM fell behind. I was incredible at my job. It was just unfortunate that there was very little room for growth, and that I was doing the same exact thing every single day 5 days.
Pros
Cons
Growth
The Brampton plant has gone downhill with the new GM
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2016
Not sure why that person was made the current GM but that's life at Martinrea Brampton. We work long hours. Try to do the best possible but not recognized. The company as a whole is alright.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and pay is small
Fast paced automotive production
Production Worker/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON21 March 2016
A typical day at Martinrea would be chatting with co-workers before start of shift. Then I would be assigned a job and that's where I would be for the entire unless told otherwise. Management was good for the most part if you tried your best to get them the quality and quantity that they were hoping for. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I would donate my time if anyone had trouble understanding process reports or troubleshooting a machine quickly for them. I would say the hardest part of the job would of been the repetitious motions you would have to endure 5- 7 days and changing shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was getting along with my teammates and just having a well- paying job in this area.
Fast paced place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON9 February 2016
This is a fast pace environment. The work load can be challenging at times. I enjoyed my time here but now look forward to a part time job which is more attuned to working with animals and being creative
people were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON31 December 2015
A typical day at work, I would go in clock in, get my work stuff out my locker, and then check the work bored where I was working then sit in the cafe and talk to my shift started then go and do what I was an assignment to do that day. Quilty control, packing parts, working on lines, working by myself, working without people, working with close supervision and at times none at all. The hardest part of the job was most the time working on call so not knowing when I would be working and when I would not but at it would have been packing some the larger parts of the big press due to my smaller height.
My favorite part was working on the one line that was fast paced and the people that I would work with on that line I worked really well with.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
was tempory part time worker for 3 years
Productive and a great place to work for.
Production Worker-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2015
Typical day at work consist of 8 hours a day, 40 hour a week. I was a punch press operator. What I learned was to meet production on time and work as a team. Management was great they just wanted you to do your job right and safely. Co-workers were great to work with very hard working. The hardest part of the job is to work with others that don't take there job seriously and don't care about production. The most satisfying part of the job was you felt appreciated from management when you do your job the right way.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
Plant closer
Friendly atmosphere, Productive environment.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2015
This company is a fast paced environment, need to be very attentive to detail, problem solving and good computer skills.
Good, steady, fast paced work environment.
Hand Welder/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON4 November 2015
Was a good place to work but do to lack of new contracts, the company laid of 80 % of the work force. There was generally plenty of voluntary overtime for the workers. We knew our jobs and were able to transfer positions if a new posting was available.
Pros
great benefit package.
Cons
lack of advancement.
worst company ever
assemblyman (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON @ Kitchener6 October 2015
Just a bottom feeding company. I worked at Kitchener frame and Ridgetown under this company. No respect for workers and management tries to use intimidation to motivate workers. Hope they go bankrupt soon!
Pros
days end
Cons
days start
Fast paced Exciting environment
Production Supervisor/Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax Ontario21 September 2015
A typical day started with a meeting between all departments, Followed by attendance and ensuring all personnel started the shift on time. Correcting any issues that arise on a day to day basis and planning for future projects. Management was supportive however sometimes to secretive. Co Workers were an exceptional group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the issues that arose on a daily basis as this was a challenge and exciting
JIT work
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ajax14 September 2015
steady work
learned to become a great leader
enjoy working with employee
clean and organized
automotive
diversified and competitive
5's and lean manufactured
excellent customer service
provide great quality product to customer