Martinrea International Employee Reviews

Day
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2017
My experience at Martinrea was quite fun I met a lot people close to my age range that i still consider friends and often get in touch with even after my employment.i enjoyed the people, the management were not very well considered but i still enjoyed going to work.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
management
Typical Factory Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 January 2017
Was responsible for the production and manufacturing of car suspension systems for Cadillacs, Buicks, and Camaro's. In an 8 hr shift we were required to build a x amount of parts so that GM could build x amount of cars per day. If we fell behind, GM fell behind. I was incredible at my job. It was just unfortunate that there was very little room for growth, and that I was doing the same exact thing every single day 5 days.
Pros
Cons
Growth
The Brampton plant has gone downhill with the new GM
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2016
Not sure why that person was made the current GM but that's life at Martinrea Brampton. We work long hours. Try to do the best possible but not recognized. The company as a whole is alright.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and pay is small
Fast paced automotive production
Production Worker/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON21 March 2016
A typical day at Martinrea would be chatting with co-workers before start of shift. Then I would be assigned a job and that's where I would be for the entire unless told otherwise. Management was good for the most part if you tried your best to get them the quality and quantity that they were hoping for. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I would donate my time if anyone had trouble understanding process reports or troubleshooting a machine quickly for them. I would say the hardest part of the job would of been the repetitious motions you would have to endure 5- 7 days and changing shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was getting along with my teammates and just having a well- paying job in this area.
Fast paced place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON9 February 2016
This is a fast pace environment. The work load can be challenging at times. I enjoyed my time here but now look forward to a part time job which is more attuned to working with animals and being creative
people were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON31 December 2015
A typical day at work, I would go in clock in, get my work stuff out my locker, and then check the work bored where I was working then sit in the cafe and talk to my shift started then go and do what I was an assignment to do that day. Quilty control, packing parts, working on lines, working by myself, working without people, working with close supervision and at times none at all. The hardest part of the job was most the time working on call so not knowing when I would be working and when I would not but at it would have been packing some the larger parts of the big press due to my smaller height.
My favorite part was working on the one line that was fast paced and the people that I would work with on that line I worked really well with.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
was tempory part time worker for 3 years
Productive and a great place to work for.
Production Worker-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2015
Typical day at work consist of 8 hours a day, 40 hour a week. I was a punch press operator. What I learned was to meet production on time and work as a team. Management was great they just wanted you to do your job right and safely. Co-workers were great to work with very hard working. The hardest part of the job is to work with others that don't take there job seriously and don't care about production. The most satisfying part of the job was you felt appreciated from management when you do your job the right way.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
Plant closer
Friendly atmosphere, Productive environment.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2015
This company is a fast paced environment, need to be very attentive to detail, problem solving and good computer skills.
Good, steady, fast paced work environment.
Hand Welder/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON4 November 2015
Was a good place to work but do to lack of new contracts, the company laid of 80 % of the work force. There was generally plenty of voluntary overtime for the workers. We knew our jobs and were able to transfer positions if a new posting was available.
Pros
great benefit package.
Cons
lack of advancement.
worst company ever
assemblyman (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON @ Kitchener6 October 2015
Just a bottom feeding company. I worked at Kitchener frame and Ridgetown under this company. No respect for workers and management tries to use intimidation to motivate workers. Hope they go bankrupt soon!
Pros
days end
Cons
days start
Fast paced Exciting environment
Production Supervisor/Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax Ontario21 September 2015
A typical day started with a meeting between all departments, Followed by attendance and ensuring all personnel started the shift on time. Correcting any issues that arise on a day to day basis and planning for future projects. Management was supportive however sometimes to secretive. Co Workers were an exceptional group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the issues that arose on a daily basis as this was a challenge and exciting
JIT work
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ajax14 September 2015
steady work
learned to become a great leader
enjoy working with employee
clean and organized
automotive
diversified and competitive
5's and lean manufactured
excellent customer service
provide great quality product to customer
A typical productive and learning environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga21 June 2015
As a team leader there I learned the first management skills with leading a tem of 22 persons at a time. Skill development is good and easy to pace learning environment.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON15 June 2015
I was a dedicated employee for 20 years and retired , I enjoyed working in all areas of the plant , from a press operator to setting up transfers. I found learning all these different jobs an exciting experience. I learned to be a team player and would run for committees such as health and safety , communication and anything which benefit the people I worked with. Management , supervisors and myself had great communication. I found the fumes from the welders which I also worked on hard on my lungs. I enjoyed doing different jobs and found I could accomplish most task easy.
Pros
great benifits, and learning new things all the time
Cons
fumes from welders and it being very loud at some work cells
management needs to change.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 June 2015
I've worked for them for over two years and they have done nothing but screw me over and over again. Once I was hired on I've gotten no real raise but the penny (yes not a joke a PENNY) they gave me for a raise. They are laying a lot of full timers off in the Ajax and Pickering plant to make room for temp workers, all to save a few dollars. A large group of employees have complaints filed with the labour board. You will work hard for nothing but a knife in your back. If you work a 12 hour day all you will get is two 10 min breaks and a 20 min lunch. Don't trust anyone!!!!
Pros
Fellow employees are ok
Cons
Don't get me started.
productive
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON13 March 2015
keeps you busy and team work lot a of good peolple who care about there work and the pay is good clean work place machine run good when they run
Pros
good pay
Cons
needs more steady work
Good company to work for.
PRODUCTION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2015
Veryry fast paced environment, learned about production environment, management .
Safe and healthy work environment.
Very co-operative co-workers.
Long days
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON19 February 2015
Working 10 hour shifts 4 days a week in a hot environment, because of the welding robots. Switching over every 2 weeks from days to afternoons
overall good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2015
I enjoyed my time there. unfortunately they closed the plant I worked in. I did not feel valued as an employee in spite of my contributions.
Pros
allow you to work independently
Cons
job security
Martinrea is a good place to work,it is a busy place but still comfortable.
Tool & Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON14 January 2015
We have a variety of different jobs, when the jobs are assigned we complete our jobs if assistance is needed they are there.

Martinrea International Reviews by Location