Martinrea International Employee Reviews

Productive and a great place to work for.
Production Worker-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2015
Typical day at work consist of 8 hours a day, 40 hour a week. I was a punch press operator. What I learned was to meet production on time and work as a team. Management was great they just wanted you to do your job right and safely. Co-workers were great to work with very hard working. The hardest part of the job is to work with others that don't take there job seriously and don't care about production. The most satisfying part of the job was you felt appreciated from management when you do your job the right way.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
Plant closer
The Brampton plant has gone downhill with the new GM
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2016
Not sure why that person was made the current GM but that's life at Martinrea Brampton. We work long hours. Try to do the best possible but not recognized. The company as a whole is alright.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and pay is small
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON15 June 2015
I was a dedicated employee for 20 years and retired , I enjoyed working in all areas of the plant , from a press operator to setting up transfers. I found learning all these different jobs an exciting experience. I learned to be a team player and would run for committees such as health and safety , communication and anything which benefit the people I worked with. Management , supervisors and myself had great communication. I found the fumes from the welders which I also worked on hard on my lungs. I enjoyed doing different jobs and found I could accomplish most task easy.
Pros
great benifits, and learning new things all the time
Cons
fumes from welders and it being very loud at some work cells
management needs to change.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 June 2015
I've worked for them for over two years and they have done nothing but screw me over and over again. Once I was hired on I've gotten no real raise but the penny (yes not a joke a PENNY) they gave me for a raise. They are laying a lot of full timers off in the Ajax and Pickering plant to make room for temp workers, all to save a few dollars. A large group of employees have complaints filed with the labour board. You will work hard for nothing but a knife in your back. If you work a 12 hour day all you will get is two 10 min breaks and a 20 min lunch. Don't trust anyone!!!!
Pros
Fellow employees are ok
Cons
Don't get me started.
productive, make parts all day everyday
unnommnus (Current Employee) –  ajax16 October 2014
start the day with hearing from co-workers the issues that occurred from the other shifts. I have learned a lot about assemblies and how a chassis of a car works and is assembled. management can be pretty cold for the most part. the hardest part of my job would be the stress that comes when you work a shift you don't like there is a very long process for you to get it changed. There is no future of advancement in this company. There is employee appreciation events maybe 2 to 3 times a year. one's a BBQ, a picnic then a Christmas lunch in. only down fall about all that is the only one that's not on your working shift is the Picnic. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with everyone is generally nice and willing to help any one struggling
Pros
gift cards for celebratory holidays (thanks giving, dads day, moms day, easter ect. and benefits.
Cons
for temps if you make one mistake your walked out the door in front of everyone, wage is basic nothing special.
Great place to work. People are easy to get along with.
GENERAL LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON12 July 2013
A typical day is walking through the door, looking to see which job they assigned to you. The paper work for numbers and the machines are pretty straight forward to complete and operate. Management listens to concerns on individual jobs. And changes things, if possible. Co-workers get along easily. They help each other out when their machines are not running properly. The most challenging part of the job is having to stay in one 10 x 10 cell to keep it running effectively and efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I did my job to my fullest. Knowing that my parts are good quality parts being shipped out to the customer. By doing this, I am doing my part in moving the company forward to qualify for our Q1 so we can bid on new jobs and keeping job security for everyone.
Pros
The benefits are plentiful
Cons
It is a smokey environment, due to all the welding of the steel.
people were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON31 December 2015
A typical day at work, I would go in clock in, get my work stuff out my locker, and then check the work bored where I was working then sit in the cafe and talk to my shift started then go and do what I was an assignment to do that day. Quilty control, packing parts, working on lines, working by myself, working without people, working with close supervision and at times none at all. The hardest part of the job was most the time working on call so not knowing when I would be working and when I would not but at it would have been packing some the larger parts of the big press due to my smaller height.
My favorite part was working on the one line that was fast paced and the people that I would work with on that line I worked really well with.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
was tempory part time worker for 3 years
Good wages great co-workers
Press/Robotics Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON26 March 2013
This would be a great job if they didn't stop hiring for full time position and only hiring tpt where there is no chance of ever getting into the union and no benefits also no job security. You are on call all the time and they expect you to sit by the phone. The workers there are great people and they are mad that the company wont hire the tpt's on full time. the hardest part of the job is knowing that you are not working towards anything. What I have learned is that companies like this one are dirty they want 100 % workmanship but do not want to give job stability or security you are just a slave labourer who they can fire at any time.
Pros
good wage
Cons
no job security or benefits
Just a number to them. Good people, horrible management.
Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, On2 July 2012
I was with them for over 5 years and really enjoyed the people I worked around, lots of hard working people who were willing to put up with just about anything.

Its a great place to work while looking for work. Its not a career, its a job.
Pros
paid lunch, average medical benefits package
Cons
no job security, no profit sharing, pension plan, rrsp contributions or even a year end bonus, rather than receiving a raise you are told to work overtime, management is trained to push employees, which is extremely stressful, morale sucks
Good overtime and low pay
press operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, ontario18 October 2012
very good and helpful people on floor, a lot of overtime but Horrible management. Once you got hire don't expect raise from them only thing you can expect is more stress and work that does not even come into your job description. They just want to pay you less and make you do more work, without hiring another body to make the job easier for the employee.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
not exact same time for breaks
Fast paced place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON9 February 2016
This is a fast pace environment. The work load can be challenging at times. I enjoyed my time here but now look forward to a part time job which is more attuned to working with animals and being creative
Fast paced Exciting environment
Production Supervisor/Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax Ontario21 September 2015
A typical day started with a meeting between all departments, Followed by attendance and ensuring all personnel started the shift on time. Correcting any issues that arise on a day to day basis and planning for future projects. Management was supportive however sometimes to secretive. Co Workers were an exceptional group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the issues that arose on a daily basis as this was a challenge and exciting
Good, steady, fast paced work environment.
Hand Welder/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON4 November 2015
Was a good place to work but do to lack of new contracts, the company laid of 80 % of the work force. There was generally plenty of voluntary overtime for the workers. We knew our jobs and were able to transfer positions if a new posting was available.
Pros
great benefit package.
Cons
lack of advancement.
productive
GM Canada (Current Employee) –  pickering18 November 2013
Good company, average pay with good benefits.

Looking for something better
worst company ever
assemblyman (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON @ Kitchener6 October 2015
Just a bottom feeding company. I worked at Kitchener frame and Ridgetown under this company. No respect for workers and management tries to use intimidation to motivate workers. Hope they go bankrupt soon!
Pros
days end
Cons
days start
Friendly atmosphere, Productive environment.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2015
This company is a fast paced environment, need to be very attentive to detail, problem solving and good computer skills.
JIT work
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ajax14 September 2015
steady work
learned to become a great leader
enjoy working with employee
clean and organized
automotive
diversified and competitive
5's and lean manufactured
excellent customer service
provide great quality product to customer
Repetitive
Production (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 December 2014
do the same job 358 times a day.
however i did learn to actually work meaning better work ethic
management has its ups and downs
coworkers are best part
hardest part of job is to not look at clock
most enjoyable part is clocking out
Pros
coworkers
Cons
very little advancement
Wages & benefits are good but the lack of comunication between management & employees is poor. Fellow works are great but no new work.
Production Welder/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dresden, On18 April 2013
Checking daily job sheet is typically the same with no or little rotation. This has lead employees to injurys. Personally I feel that I have gained alot of experience of welding skills, to perform daily quality inspection and customer/supplier relations, lift truck skills and the ability to operate different machines such as presses and robotic weld cells. Co-workers are just as eager to work efficiently and get along to make a good work enviroment. Unfortunately our management like to keep separate from floor staff and not share much information or consider many ideas from employees that perform dailt duties. I enjoy learning something new from time to time such as taking on a new job posting or working with other employees from a different shift, mostly during overtime or a shift rotation change. Someone new to talk to makes for a different workplace.
Pros
social comittee functions-bbq's, chili lunches
Cons
poor communication, such separation between departments
Productive/Proactive place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Martinrea International - Tillsonburg division17 September 2014
I have worked in an Automated welding/assembly environment for over 14 years. My experience includes:
• Robotic MIG welding cells.
• Robotic Resistance welding cells
• Automated and Semi-Automated Assembly equipment including Bowl feeding systems, Drawn arc welding, Bushing/Rivet Press, Load Cells, Leak Testing, Sealant application and many other related processes.
• Cell / fixture design
I have played a huge role in the design; build, launch and day-to-day production of the Chrysler LX and LC floor pan assembly lines currently run at Martinrea Tillsonburg. I have extensive “hands on” experience, but I believe in holding each Team member accountable for their actions and training them to be able to perform their tasks effectively and with confidence.

Martinrea International Reviews by Location