Martinrea International Employee Reviews

The Brampton plant has gone downhill with the new GM
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Not sure why that person was made the current GM but that's life at Martinrea Brampton. We work long hours. Try to do the best possible but not recognized. The company as a whole is alright.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and pay is small
people were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONDecember 31, 2015
A typical day at work, I would go in clock in, get my work stuff out my locker, and then check the work bored where I was working then sit in the cafe and talk to my shift started then go and do what I was an assignment to do that day. Quilty control, packing parts, working on lines, working by myself, working without people, working with close supervision and at times none at all. The hardest part of the job was most the time working on call so not knowing when I would be working and when I would not but at it would have been packing some the larger parts of the big press due to my smaller height.
My favorite part was working on the one line that was fast paced and the people that I would work with on that line I worked really well with.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
was tempory part time worker for 3 years
Productive and a great place to work for.
Production Worker-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 11, 2015
Typical day at work consist of 8 hours a day, 40 hour a week. I was a punch press operator. What I learned was to meet production on time and work as a team. Management was great they just wanted you to do your job right and safely. Co-workers were great to work with very hard working. The hardest part of the job is to work with others that don't take there job seriously and don't care about production. The most satisfying part of the job was you felt appreciated from management when you do your job the right way.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
Plant closer
Fast paced place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONFebruary 9, 2016
This is a fast pace environment. The work load can be challenging at times. I enjoyed my time here but now look forward to a part time job which is more attuned to working with animals and being creative
Good, steady, fast paced work environment.
Hand Welder/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONNovember 4, 2015
Was a good place to work but do to lack of new contracts, the company laid of 80 % of the work force. There was generally plenty of voluntary overtime for the workers. We knew our jobs and were able to transfer positions if a new posting was available.
Pros
great benefit package.
Cons
lack of advancement.
Fast paced Exciting environment
Production Supervisor/Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax OntarioSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day started with a meeting between all departments, Followed by attendance and ensuring all personnel started the shift on time. Correcting any issues that arise on a day to day basis and planning for future projects. Management was supportive however sometimes to secretive. Co Workers were an exceptional group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the issues that arose on a daily basis as this was a challenge and exciting
Friendly atmosphere, Productive environment.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 21, 2015
This company is a fast paced environment, need to be very attentive to detail, problem solving and good computer skills.
worst company ever
assemblyman (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON @ KitchenerOctober 6, 2015
Just a bottom feeding company. I worked at Kitchener frame and Ridgetown under this company. No respect for workers and management tries to use intimidation to motivate workers. Hope they go bankrupt soon!
Pros
days end
Cons
days start
JIT work
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ajaxSeptember 14, 2015
steady work
learned to become a great leader
enjoy working with employee
clean and organized
automotive
diversified and competitive
5's and lean manufactured
excellent customer service
provide great quality product to customer
management needs to change.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 12, 2015
I've worked for them for over two years and they have done nothing but screw me over and over again. Once I was hired on I've gotten no real raise but the penny (yes not a joke a PENNY) they gave me for a raise. They are laying a lot of full timers off in the Ajax and Pickering plant to make room for temp workers, all to save a few dollars. A large group of employees have complaints filed with the labour board. You will work hard for nothing but a knife in your back. If you work a 12 hour day all you will get is two 10 min breaks and a 20 min lunch. Don't trust anyone!!!!
Pros
Fellow employees are ok
Cons
Don't get me started.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONJune 15, 2015
I was a dedicated employee for 20 years and retired , I enjoyed working in all areas of the plant , from a press operator to setting up transfers. I found learning all these different jobs an exciting experience. I learned to be a team player and would run for committees such as health and safety , communication and anything which benefit the people I worked with. Management , supervisors and myself had great communication. I found the fumes from the welders which I also worked on hard on my lungs. I enjoyed doing different jobs and found I could accomplish most task easy.
Pros
great benifits, and learning new things all the time
Cons
fumes from welders and it being very loud at some work cells
A typical productive and learning environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
As a team leader there I learned the first management skills with leading a tem of 22 persons at a time. Skill development is good and easy to pace learning environment.
the old owner tysen krupp were a way better company
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONDecember 20, 2014
i ran all sorts of equipment from 400 ton presses, welders to robotics, motoman and funuc robots i was trained in points and all things like such then i wanted to learn more so i went on to transfer and i learned everything about 800ton and 1500ton transfer presses hms systems coil feeders and so on but now i am laid off due to loss of work .
Assembly Line Operator (Grinder)
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ONAugust 30, 2014
A typical day on this particular job site is rather fast paced, the for-mans and managers are constantly walking throughout the building to check for safety issues or general questions about the job. My duties consisted of grinding off the extra residue around the screw holes on the parts we were manufacturing/bending. I rarely spoke with co-workers, unless I needed help or to ask a basic question. The hardest part of the job was being on call and never knowing when I was going to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the well earned pay check at the end of the week.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
hot work environment
Productive/Proactive place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Martinrea International - Tillsonburg divisionSeptember 17, 2014
I have worked in an Automated welding/assembly environment for over 14 years. My experience includes:
• Robotic MIG welding cells.
• Robotic Resistance welding cells
• Automated and Semi-Automated Assembly equipment including Bowl feeding systems, Drawn arc welding, Bushing/Rivet Press, Load Cells, Leak Testing, Sealant application and many other related processes.
• Cell / fixture design
I have played a huge role in the design; build, launch and day-to-day production of the Chrysler LX and LC floor pan assembly lines currently run at Martinrea Tillsonburg. I have extensive “hands on” experience, but I believe in holding each Team member accountable for their actions and training them to be able to perform their tasks effectively and with confidence.
Just a number to them. Good people, horrible management.
Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, OnJuly 2, 2012
I was with them for over 5 years and really enjoyed the people I worked around, lots of hard working people who were willing to put up with just about anything.

Its a great place to work while looking for work. Its not a career, its a job.
Pros
paid lunch, average medical benefits package
Cons
no job security, no profit sharing, pension plan, rrsp contributions or even a year end bonus, rather than receiving a raise you are told to work overtime, management is trained to push employees, which is extremely stressful, morale sucks
Good wages great co-workers
Press/Robotics Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONMarch 26, 2013
This would be a great job if they didn't stop hiring for full time position and only hiring tpt where there is no chance of ever getting into the union and no benefits also no job security. You are on call all the time and they expect you to sit by the phone. The workers there are great people and they are mad that the company wont hire the tpt's on full time. the hardest part of the job is knowing that you are not working towards anything. What I have learned is that companies like this one are dirty they want 100 % workmanship but do not want to give job stability or security you are just a slave labourer who they can fire at any time.
Pros
good wage
Cons
no job security or benefits
I have learnt how to make deadlines and be a valuble team member
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Dresden, ONAugust 14, 2012
Start the day by looking at the list of jobs and where i will be that day. If i have any problems superviser is always there to help . the people co-workers are always there to help if i am on a new job. we have quotas to reach each hour and have to write down each count. suervisers are always there for encourigment and will help any way they can. I am put on different jobs each day to give a variety which i like. i like it when i achive the quota for the day
Pros
i have met a lot of nice people
Productive workplace, tier 1 quality, friendly.
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 27, 2012
I have learned that hard work and good quality is always a major lead in a work place and that the customer always comes first.

Working as a team makes for a pleasant work place and a well organized system.

Coworkers all work as a a team help one another.

The hardest part of my job is too make sure that quality is number one in pleasing the customer.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people.
Good overtime and low pay
press operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, ontarioOctober 18, 2012
very good and helpful people on floor, a lot of overtime but Horrible management. Once you got hire don't expect raise from them only thing you can expect is more stress and work that does not even come into your job description. They just want to pay you less and make you do more work, without hiring another body to make the job easier for the employee.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
not exact same time for breaks

Martinrea International Reviews by Location