Salary: $28,000-$33,000 annual
The social director will assess the social and recreation needs of each resident. You will plan and direct the implementation and regular evaluation of the recreation/social programs for the residents, in accordance with policy guidelines, legislative requirements and budgetary allowances.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, direct and evaluate the social/recreation programs relating to the physical, psychological, social, recreational and spiritual needs of the residents
- Communicate the activities of the department to residents, staff, families and the community to encourage participation on programs
- Co-ordinate the volunteer and student placement program for the residence, including recruiting and orienting volunteers, and directing and evaluating volunteer activities
- Maintain established department plans, policies and procedures regarding such things as quality assurance, attendance records, monthly reports and health & safety
- Establish and maintain communications within the department and with other departments to ensure the needs of the residents are being met
- Maintain all required records, reports and statistics in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, and keep departmental manuals up to date
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Successful completion of a diploma or degree in recreation/leisure studies from a recognized community college or university, with courses in gerontology.
- Must demonstrate leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of programs and techniques in recreation, community resources and program development are required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are necessary
- 3-5 years experience in working with seniors in a related capacity is preferred
- F class drivers license is an asset
- Smart Serve Certificate an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email through this website.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard