Martin Transportation Systems

Martin Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job to have
Dispatcher / Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 27, 2015
I loved my time at MTS. It was a really nice place to work. Pay was good. Employees were friendly for the most part. Would recommend to others.
Horrible place to work for
Recruiter (Former Employee), Byron Center, MIOctober 24, 2014
Pros: once in a while a free pizza lunch from another department
Cons: management
I worked there for 2 years.

During this time frame we had unprofessional conference calls and I was repeatedly thrown under the bus by coworkers. They did not think I was doing my job and I was accused of being lazy, I think due to my race and two back-stabbing female coworkers that were discriminating against me due to my race. I also heard someone call me the "N" word when they think I could not – more... hear them in the lunch room. I think the female co-workers were jealous of me, I don't know why but perhaps because I had more education than them. I could sue this place because I also have a voice mail, e-mails, etc. wherein I was being complained about (or at) they thought they had hung up the phone but they did not. I was busy talking to a driver at the time they called me.

I don't see how it's possible to hire drivers when they only pay 34 cents per mile to their drivers and are not willing to pay more for experience. They wait 3 weeks to give anyone their first check. I did the best I could with what I had and constantly was away from my family trying to do job fairs that I arranged myself to try to bring in people. They cussed at me in front of my face and blamed me for things wrong with their computer system.

When I reported such things to management along with proof they treated me as if I were the problem and would not do anything about it. The place is full of gossip and mostly bad, so don't tell them anything about yourself if you work here.

The hardest part was being treated bad every day. I learned how to work with people who hated me. As far as most enjoyable part, there were a couple employees in other departments that were nice. – less
It s steady work ,but remember they take a few weeks off when the automotive plants close
Driver (Former Employee), IndplsAugust 18, 2014
Pros: home everyday
Cons: you must wait 4years too recieve all of your holiday pay "who does that"???
COMPANY SAYS THEY HAVE 40%NEWER TRUCKS TURN THAT AROUND TOO 3 new trucks out of 36 trucks NOT GOOD EQUIP At all
Great Company To Work For
Driver Manager (Current Employee), Byron Center, MIFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: home time, equipment, technology, elogs, friendly employees
Cons: you cannot run 3 log books simultaneously to try to get 6000 miles as a solo driver
As a former driver I have worked at a number of trucking companies. Out of all of those companies I voluntarily chosen to make MTS my permanent home.

MTS strives to ensure that all of their drivers have good equipment, lanes with good pay, great benefits (including paid vacation), and a well organized team of dispatchers.

We handle no touch automotive freight with nationwide coverage. If you are looking for home time, good pay, great benefits, and plenty of miles - MTS is the place to be.
BAD COMPANY PEOPLE DONT CARE
Driver (Current Employee), Marshall, MIJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: bad trailers and management
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR U HAVE TO WAIT 3 WEEKS BEFORE U EVEN GETA PAYCHECK NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES
Bargain Basement Company
Belvidere IL Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Byron Center, MIApril 25, 2013
Pros: close to home, a couple good people bobby, danny
Cons: lack of common sense, poor leadership
Company has no respect for its employees, so much so that the drivers in this location voted in a union. Oversite of this terminal is done out of Canada, by people who have never been to Belvidere. I quit after several attempts to get some satisfaction. Then the company lies to unemployment, saying it was out of their control. BEWARE!
this was a good work place for me and me and my supervisers got along well
Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2012
a typical day at MTS was a good experance but hard work for little pay
upon interview
Driver (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 15, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Drive 53ft Tractor Trailer from Nogales, Arizona to Grand Praire, Texas and/or Bertrans, MO then return to Nogales, Arizona
Ok Place
Manager (Former Employee), OHJune 29, 2012
Pros: great benifits
Cons: ran poorly and too many family members involved.
The family runs the business and many times they drain the company funds to pay for personal items. Not a way to run a business. Great benifits, low pay.
Headquarters